It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's camp on Muslim Registry and Internment Camps

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Here we have a Trump PAC spokesman citing the dark period of Japanese Internment camps as the 'precedent' for advocating a Muslim Registry.

Trump Supporter Cites Japanese Internment As ‘Precedent’ For Muslim Registry
Source: www.huffingtonpost.com...

A supporter of President-elect Donald Trump on Wednesday cited the internment of Japanese-Americans during World War II ― considered one of the darkest periods in American history ― as the basis for creating a federal registry for immigrants from Muslim countries.

Carl Higbie, a retired Navy SEAL, made the case in an interview with Fox News’ Megyn Kelly, who was decidedly incredulous upon hearing it:

”The president needs to protect America first, and if that means having people that are not protected under our Constitution have some sort of registry so we can understand ― until we can identify the true threat and where it’s coming from ― I support it,” said Higbie, who worked on a pro-Trump super PAC during the campaign.

from The New York Times:
Trump Camp’s Talk of Registry and Japanese Internment Raises Muslim Fears
www.nytimes.com...

“You’re not proposing that we go back to the days of internment camps, I hope,” said Megyn Kelly, the host of the show.

Mr. Higbie, a former Navy SEAL who served two tours in Iraq, denied that, but said, “We need to protect America first.”

"There is historical, factual precedent to do things are not politically popular and sometimes not right, in the interest of national security,”

Trump's position on the Japanese Internment Camps?

During the campaign, Trump said he might have supported the internment of Japanese-Americans at the time. “I would have had to be there at the time to tell you, to give you a proper answer,” Trump told Time last December. “I certainly hate the concept of it. But I would have had to be there at the time to give you a proper answer.”

Trump later called for a ban on Muslims entering the country and followed up by proposing “extreme vetting” of Muslims in the name of national security.

Okay, and Trump's current position on American-Muslim Internment Camps?
Donald Trump Rules Out Internment Camps for American Muslims
Source: nymag.com...

KARL: So let me ask you, you said that Islam is at war with us. A lot of people wonder, given some of your proposals, whether or not you would go the next step towards internment camps. And I know you’ve never proposed that. But let me just ask you here now, would you categorically rule out the idea of internment camps for American Muslims? Is that something —

TRUMP: — rule it out but we would have to be very vigilant. We’re going to have to be very smart. We’re going to have to be very rigid and very vigilant. And if we’re not very, very strong and very, very smart, we have a big, big problem coming up. We’ve already had the problem. Check out the World Trade Center, OK, check out the Pentagon. We’ve already had the problem. But I would — I would say you have to be extremely strong. You have to keep your eyes open.
And by the way, Muslims in our country have to report bad acts, OK?

Do Trump's words set you at ease? Has he left himself a little wiggle room to change his mind (as he so often does)? How about that registry?

Trump Immigration Adviser Kris Kobach Wrote the Book on Muslim Registry
Source: www.nbcnews.com...

The man who helped write the book on creating a federal Muslim registry in the name of national security, now has Donald Trump's ear as a top member of his transition team.

Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach, a policy wonk with a reputation for handcrafting the legal means to political ends, says he has a plan to help Trump pull off some of his most contentious campaign promises.

Trump has explored a variety of methods to vet potential terror threats, targeting specifically Muslims by proposing outright travel bans or creating a federal database of all people in the United States who practice Islam.

Kobach believes Trump can take action immediately with the swipe of a pen.

I believe I laid that all out pretty fairly. Clearly, the alt-right's White Nationalist/Islamophobia groups will support a Muslim Registry and possibly continue to push support for Internment Camps. How about you ATS? What do you think? Do these ideas attract anti-Islamic hate groups? Is this part of Trump's plan to bring people together? Do you want a Muslim Registry? Could circumstances arise where you might support American-Muslim Internment Camps?
edit on 17-11-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Wow . First the Rothschild's own Ariana Huffington . Then Megan Kelly . Now Trump's spoke person. Where is that documented? I know , in the articles. And nowhere , in your post , have I saw ANYTHING of Trump's own words on interment camps . And who ordered the Japanese interment camps ? A Democrat ? . Yep . I believe it was FDR.
No reading your own linked articles. Lack of facts.Emotion based . Standard Left tripe , rhetoric, out of context BS
Guilty as charged
AntiTrump thread. Where does it end ? Is there an end ?

Donald Trump Rules Out Internment Camps for American Muslims

Your words , not mine.So why the thread title ?

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Stop the disinformation campaign.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Prior to Trump running for the Republican nomination, he had been a lifelong Liberal, endorsing or agreeing with every Leftist policy from pro-abortion to the "Assault" Weapons Ban to some form of Obamacare.

His political positions are based on what he "feels" is right, regardless of the underlying problems.

So when he endorses "stop and frisk" or citizen watch lists or registries, he doesnt have a concept of how or why these policies are fundamentally "unAmerican" in terms of Constitutionally protected freedoms.

But even if a person doesnt have an understanding nor respect of the 4th and 5th Amendments (for example), the pattern should be clear: TPTB roll out their Stasi type policies (unPatriot Act, warrant-less spying, watch lists, kill lists etc.) using an unpopular group.

And eventually, the practice or policy is then rolled out to everyone else.

TPTB are dying to enact a full on surveillance state and it looks like Trump (intentionally or not), will be doing his part to further this agenda.

edit on 17-11-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
And this guy got on tv news why and how? Give me a break.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Do you mean stop the enlightenment? Stop showing evidence of the alt-right's movement to the White House? Stop pointing out how the Trump admin is empowering White Nationalist/Islamophobia hate groups?

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Lets talk about the three simultaneous terror attacks that were thwarted in Kosovo a short while ago.
There is a clear and present danger here in our nation as well.

If you were privy to some of the intel you would have a completely different opinion.

Buck

edit on 17-11-2016 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-11-2016 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Very well said!

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Germany keeps all the Syrian refugees in one area. They are not allowed to move around the country freely.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Huffington Post, you might as we start quoting the Onion too.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
THE RACIST ARE COMING! THE RACIST ARE COMING! MUSLIMS, RUN! TRUMP IS GOING TO PUT YOU IN INTERNMENT CAMPS!!!!!

Come on man. You even said in your post he has ruled it out. Stop with the fear mongering.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
The choice is whether to take Trump literally or figuratively. Like any 'politician'.

Theres what they say and what they mean. Their public face and their private one. "Politics" itself is mostly lies camouflaged to deceive you into thinking you're getting what you want when really its the idea of what you want that never materializes in the real world.

They promise more jobs, lower prices, less taxes, balanced budgets, transparency, etc. They say "we" but they don't mean you and I. They say democracy and American Interests and for the children, blah, blah.

Wake me when it really changes.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

Huffington, NBC, New York Times, and FOX News represented... Sorry, can't always be brietbart and infowars

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Since when did immigration trump national security?? Particularly when the threat is from the area and ideology of the majority of those immigrants. We have a method to deal with this to begin with.. that was NOT utilized. Vetting or deeper vetting isnt some horrible thing and I have a hard time understanding the issue that some have with it. Camps?? Yeah, some may want us to look like Paris, but Id prefer the mess be kept to a minimum. Perhaps those who dont want them in a decent place aka horrible fema camp ...with playgrounds and swimming pools and medical facilities.. should take them into their own homes... walk the walk.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The choice is whether to take Trump literally or figuratively.

Or to take Trump by what he says, who he surrounds himself, and what they say...

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Trump said in OP "Rule it out, but we have to be vigilant."

Simple to me, Trump has ruled out Internment camps.

Moving on.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

What are you talk about; taking American-Muslims into their homes? These aren't puppies looking for adoption. They already have a home. But did I hear you right? You're suggesting FEMA camps would be a good place to put American-Muslims?

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Reading Comprehension is a valuable skill, one that actually does take practice.

As per YOUR post in the quote, he is asked "can we rule out interment camps? " That was the question.

Trump's Answer as per YOUR post in the quote, " Rule it out but we have to be very vigilant."

Vetting Muslims from places like Syria, Libya, North Africa is bad ? Isn't pervasive vetting what Clinton said SHE was doing to the refugees ? Wasn't the Administration currently in power assuaging people's fears by stating that THEY were doing invasive vetting of these refugees ?

How is it the thing to do when one person does it, but it's bad when the other guy does it ? Simple, situation ethics and malleable morals ; I.E. Hypocrit.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
a reply to: Advantage

What are you talk about; taking American-Muslims into their homes? These aren't puppies looking for adoption. They already have a home. But did I hear you right? You're suggesting FEMA camps would be a good place to put American-Muslims?

Yes, if it were to rise to the level of Paris.. migrant camps are terrible. Or did you think it was like smores and hotdogs by the campfire?
No, the ones immigrating dont have homes. Theyre human beings who deserve to be cared for if we allow them in after a vetting process.. and being cared for means more than some cardboard on the street.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join