It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carrie Fisher on Why She’s Going Public With Harrison Ford Affair

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

When Star Wars was released in 1977 I was about 8 years old, but even at that age I had a hopeless crush on Princess Leia that I've never been able to completely shake. How jealous would I have been to learn that the Princess had a brief fling with Han Solo? Now it only stings slightly, but I probably would have had to seek counseling back then. I'm not sure how I feel about Carrie spilling the beans at this late date, sounds to me like a way to sell more books.

After Carrie Fisher came across journals she kept during her three-month affair with Harrison Ford while filming the original Star Wars in 1976, she figured the time for secrecy was over. “It’s been 40 years!” the actress-author, 60, tells PEOPLE of including their whirlwind romance in her new book, The Princess Diarist, excerpted exclusively in this week’s issue.

“I didn’t say anything to anybody for years but it’s not like anyone’s deeply affected by it anymore.”

Whether Ford, a 33-year-old married father of two at the time, will agree remains to be seen. Fisher did give the actor (who didn’t respond to PEOPLE’s request for comment) a friendly heads-up and even sent him a draft — but she doesn’t know if he’s even read it. “I would never want to embarrass him,” says Fisher, who was 19 when the two got together. “I was so inexperienced, but I trusted something about him. He was kind.”

What do you all think? How long should someone wait before telling others about an affair that happened many (40) years ago? What considerations would you make before breaking a silence? If you were Harrison, would you be angry? What would you do? I would probably tell my version of the story in a book.
PEOPLE MAGAZINE SOURCE ARTICLE
edit on 11162016 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

edit on 11162016 by seattlerat because: added some more info

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
If you are concerned about this, you need therapy. It's really nobody's business. People "do it" all the time. Big deal.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
so he was a scoundrel after all

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
This should sell a few magazines.

And make millions of women insanely jealous.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

I would bet the majority of film costars have "a fling" during the movie making.
I find her quite homely myself.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
If you are concerned about this, you need therapy. It's really nobody's business. People "do it" all the time. Big deal.

Actually I think it may be someone's business he did have a Family at the time.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: schuyler

Actually I think it may be someone's business he did have a Family at the time.

But it's not YOUR business nor that of the public's. And in the case of "the family" that's also not in your remit to decide. It's between them. And not to put too fine a point on it, but all we have is Ms. Fisher's story, and she has not proven to be the most reliable person in the past. This could very well be a drug-addled fantasy. By all means believe whatever you want, but in terms of judgment? It ain't your business.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Many men also...spawn bugger he is..Han Solo and Indiana jones...is there anyone he couldn't pull?.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I don't really care one way or the other but, this statement is so impertinent, in my opinion, that it makes me curious as to what the motive is for sharing this information.

“I didn’t say anything to anybody for years but it’s not like anyone’s deeply affected by it anymore.”

I would never want to embarrass him,” says Fisher, who was 19 when the two got together. “I was so inexperienced, but I trusted something about him. He was kind.”

Really? Then why say anything publicly? If the need to clear one's conscious is so great, could it not have been done quietly? Well, IMO, that wouldn't have made a dime, would it?

What do you all think? How long should someone wait before telling others about an affair that happened many (40) years ago? What considerations would you make before breaking a silence? If you were Harrison, would you be angry? What would you do?

Why is there a need, for some, to ever speak about the affair? Especially after 40 years? It's ridiculous, to me.
I don't understand why some folks feel compelled to hurt another individual with information just to relieve their own guilt.
It doesn't sound as if there were any children produced by the affair or diseases contracted so...?
Perhaps the wife and children who were 'betrayed' don't want the truth, never wanted it, liked their illusions just fine and now Ms. Fisher has decided that they no longer deserve that just so she can either alleviate her guilt or sell books, either of which, IMO is an incredibly selfish reason to come forward now.

I think it's lame and desperate. I think it's a shame and she should have enough self respect to keep it to herself.

Sorry for the mini rant on a 'fluffy' subject but, I just have strong feelings about these things.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
DP
edit on 16-11-2016 by TNMockingbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
a reply to: grey580

Many men also...spawn bugger he is..Han Solo and Indiana jones...is there anyone he couldn't pull?.

Me... I think hes a homely dude. BUT.. he could reface my cabinets and build me another cabinet in my pantry.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

I forgot he was a carpenter.
Still a spawny bugger this story has made me all jelly.
She was one of my first loves along with daphne from scooby do.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Despicable that she would wait until after his death when he can't defend his actions. Tragic thing that, being stabbed by his own son...

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
It makes them both look bad since they were committing adultery. I guess she thinks that there is a statute of limitations of adultery being a bad thing? She should have kept her mouth shut.

Sal

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
why now... to sell her book and remain relevant.

who cares

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: SargonThrall
Despicable that she would wait until after his death when he can't defend his actions. Tragic thing that, being stabbed by his own son...

hes not dead

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz
Think about it. Think about it hard.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

But it's not YOUR business nor that of the public's.

I suppose it is if they choose to share it.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: SargonThrall
en.wikipedia.org...

Harrison Ford mandela effected to life and married and going strong! But of course if you are living in a movie reality we have Mandela effect Luck I am Your Father! Before the killing!
Born: July 13, 1942 (age 74), Chicago, IL
Height: 6′ 1″
edit on 16-11-2016 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join