It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter suspends alt-right accounts

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I said this in another thread.

I would say that what they are doing, opens up new opportunities for people who want to start their own internet company. I would say google and twitter will lose, roughly half of their sponsors, using the election result as a base. Maybe I am wrong, but someone could make a lot of money here. I mean, do you want to use a site that limits your information, or would you use a site that doesn't. It is all up to the people to choose, right?

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

I would say that what they are doing, opens up new opportunities for people who want to start their own internet company.

You are correct, there is one I was reading about today, I believe it is called Frogg. It is similar to Reddit, it is free it is not censored.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
I said this in another thread.

I would say that what they are doing, opens up new opportunities for people who want to start their own internet company. I would say google and twitter will lose, roughly half of their sponsors, using the election result as a base. Maybe I am wrong, but someone could make a lot of money here. I mean, do you want to use a site that limits your information, or would you use a site that doesn't. It is all up to the people to choose, right?

Agree, and to that end, ATS will certainly benefit from it.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

I will have to check that out.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snippythehorse
a reply to: xuenchen
In a First Amendment America it cannot stand.....
The lawyers will enrich themselves on this one.....yech....

Do you have ANY idea what the first amendment protects you against? Twitter is a private entity who is quite within their rights to ban or mute any phrases or pictures they so choose. Talk to me when you are getting arrested by the government for posting these words on twitter.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Sounds like Twitter* Needs some New Blood to Deal with in the Communications Market . Be Nice if Mr. Trump Pulled a Teddy Roosevelt on the Modern Trusts we have Today . A Free Market Is Never Really Free without Competition .

Twitter has competition. There's a lot of social media websites out there.

Apparently they do . Open Free Discourse Minus the Censorship . Sounds Refreshing .

Conservatives Purged by Twitter Flocking to Gab

www.newsmax.com...

Conservative commentator David Frump announced his opposition the recent Twitter purge as the wrong way of solving the problem of abuse and harassment on the social media platform.

" So long as they refrain from incitement and harassment, the right way to deal with social media's neo-Nazis is not by taking away their platforms, but by taking away their audiences, by welcoming a more open and more intelligent discussion of what Americans yearn most to hear about."

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Read the first page, saw snowflakes complaining, so I skipped the rest of the whining and went straight to the last page.

Let's delve into a simple reminder for how memberships on the internet work. And so we're clear here, future uses of "you" are used in a general sense, not directed any anyone specific.

All memberships have terms and conditions. When you click "I agree to these terms and conditions", you AGREE to adhere to those terms and conditions. If you do not like said T&Cs and consequences of violating them, perhaps you should have thoroughly read the wall-o-text beforehand, instead of completely skipping them to rush to blindly click accept & register.
You don't get to argue your way into a rule change, you're still just the user who clicked "accept" instead of reading what you were getting yourself in to.

Also, it's social media. I think I speak for more than just a few folks out there when I roll my eyes and say who ultimately cares what house rules they do or don't enforce.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Twitter is a private company that has the absolute right to set any rule or policy they see fit. Don't like it? Use something else.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog

Twitter is a private company that has the absolute right to set any rule or policy they see fit. Don't like it? Use something else.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Exactly , they have the Right , but it is their " Left " Leanings that will Eventually Cause their Competition to Reduce their Market Share .

" Richard Spencer, leader of the National Policy Institute think tank who coined the term "alt-right," moved to Gab after his own Twitter account was suspended on Tuesday. "

"My impression of Gab is that it's a better platform than Twitter (in terms of software)," Spencer wrote in one post, according to The Guardian. "Obviously, the big issue is the ‘network effect,' so we'll see what happens. I'm hopeful."

"Hateful and harassment are subjective terms," Torba added, while explaining that Gab gives users the ability to mute words or accounts they don't wish to see.

www.newsmax.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Exactly , they have the Right , but it is their " Left " Leanings that will Eventually Cause their Competition to Reduce their Market Share .

That could happen. They also have the right to fail like any other business for their own decisions.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

" That could happen. They also have the right to fail like any other business for their own decisions. "

Familiarity Breeds Contempt .

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join