It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trolls 101 —- How To Identify Trolls And Forum Spies

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

It's all fun and games for me.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
So, suddenly we need to pass an observational test not so long after a thread gets bunged on a similar theme as being answered.
I don't like that from whatever source.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I don't care if you do or not guy. But I do find it quite odd that you are taking this thread personally and with driven aggression.

ETA: smurfy smurfy smurfy OK ive got it. smurfy
edit on 2016-11-15T19:38:21-06:0007pmTue, 15 Nov 2016 19:38:21 -0600TuesdayAmerica/Chicago2130 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

It's all fun and games for me.

Well damn son, don't do it for free. There are people that will throw you a few dollars for it. Stop selling yourself short.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I heard the Danes are working on a program called Troll Trace.

edit on 15-11-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Zazz 2020!

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Don't need to. Am happily retired and financially solid right now.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Remember when the BP oil spill happened. Lots of new members signed up on ATS to protect, and basically troll all threads critical of British Petroleum. After the controversy died down, those members left never to post again.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
I heard the Danes are working on a program called Troll Trace.

Dork

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Very interesting to see so many taking this thread so personally and serious. Seems they are taking offense to the subject mater. Why? Did I subject someone to scrutiny here? If I did, maybe they should have run from this thread like a scared rabbit rather than reply.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I'm not saying that what you are saying is flat-out impossible, but every time a thread like this comes around, i think of this:

en.wikipedia.org...

But maybe that's just me.

I'd also say, that much more ignorance and bullying is spread on online forums, by very passionate and opinionated members, than could ever be done by even a large squad of paid "agents".

So if there is some minor effect by truly "paid agents", it is greatly outweighed by normal, obnoxious ATS members.

Kev

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Why have all those rules? Here's what you really mean:

If you don't agree with me, especially if you use compelling arguments against my point, I hate you and you are a troll or a shill.

That's all you need, and it sums up every shill shout I've seen on ATS.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

I found the article, thought it interesting and posted it. I had no ulterior motives in doing so. I just found it to be potentially appropriate and threw it up for ATS discussion. If certain people found it personally offensive, far be it from me to figure out why, but if they did, it's their problem, not mine. And to tell the truth, I care less one way or the other. I'm getting old and probably not too much longer on this rock. It's all pretty much irrelevant for me at this point. TPTP can blow this planet to He11 right now and I would say good riddance and hope the afterlife will be better than this one.

Peace Brother!

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
The trolls like the lions and not the packers.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
If I convinced one troll or shill to turn away from what they are doing and embrace truth, this post will have been worth my effort.
edit on 2016-11-15T22:30:03-06:0010pmTue, 15 Nov 2016 22:30:03 -0600TuesdayAmerica/Chicago0330 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

My good man, this is what is known as a plant. It preys on the lesser minds of the conspiracy community, convincing them they have found logical indisputable evidence that their superior online adversaries are in fact "trolls."

It makes him feel good, let him play with it for a while and lend him a kleenex to clean himself up once the shame kicks in.

I know short posts/replies aren't recommended but f-me.
ROTFLMFAO!

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SPHARAOH

What the FU** are you spewing here. I planted nothing. I simply referenced an article I found today that may or may not pertain to posts here on ATS. I planted nothing. NOTHING I TELL YOU! It is you that is trying your best to deny the original OP. Lesser minds? How dare you.... We are equal here and I resent your insinuation. You are belligerent beyond acceptability and I resent your superiority insinuation. Go to He11. If you ever do, or when you find that personal honor is earned by what you say and do, you will turn from this endeavor you peruse and embrace truth. You have no honor....

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

I found the article, thought it interesting and posted it. I had no ulterior motives in doing so. I just found it to be potentially appropriate and threw it up for ATS discussion. If certain people found it personally offensive, far be it from me to figure out why, but if they did, it's their problem, not mine. (You posted it so you've got to deal with it. Also it seems like an awful lot of work) And to tell the truth, I care less one way or the other. (#17 Sympathy through apathy) I'm getting old (Everyone is except for Benjamin Button) and probably not too much longer on this rock. It's all pretty much irrelevant for me at this point. (I hope you're not sick? Dang it i just fell for #17) TPTP can blow this planet to He11 right now and I would say good riddance and hope the afterlife will be better than this one. (Trolls don't have souls! But i believe you're intentions were good but misguided)

Peace Brother!

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
"X-Treme Forumz Warz!"

Sounds like an old 90's, b-list sci-fi. LOL

Still, I'd probably watch it.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   
SPHARAOH disgueted me. I'm out of here...

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Sorry apparently the quote thing didn't work. It's in reply to schuyler.
He posted it. My sense of humor/logic is different.

The bottom two lines are mine.

It's unfortunate that it made you lose your marbles and spew such hatred.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join