It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Questions for the ATS owners - and for ATS members

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
well, out of personal curiosity,
I have three questions for the Above Top Secret owners - Springer and Skeptic Overlord:
(if I forgot somebody, I apologize)

1st question:

Did ATS have a significant increase in pageviews and traffic in the weeks leading to the 2016 US Presidential Election, and in the days around Nov. 8?

I make this question given the blatant failure of the mainstream media in delivering proper and unbiased information during the campaign.
Especially the failure of reporting information on Hillary Clinton's crimes, related to the private email server, the Clinton Foundation, the Clinton racketeering (pay to play), the sex child abuse scandal, the Wikileaks email exposure, and so on.

Information which ATS and several alternative media outlets, instead, reported and widely discussed.
This, thanks to several members of ATS who wrote interesting threads and comments on these topics.

My reflection is that, if the concerned citizen wanted to get information on these topics, and have a wider and deeper view about the Clinton crimes and the Trump-Hillary presidential race, the alternative media - and ATS - was the only viable resource.

Thus, I am curious to know if ATS had a traffic surge because of that.

If you can give also some concrete data, I would appreciate.

-----------------------------------------

2nd question:

Don't you think that this election marks a significant departure from everything in the past, in the information industry?
Don't you think that it could mark the downfall and demise of the mainstream media,
and a strong rise of the alternative media?

- and ATS being one of the spearheads in the alternative media landscape, this is going to be of remarkable importance here. -

3rd question:

How do you see the development and the future of ATS in the above (pun intended) context?

Here I also want to thank the many ATS members who provided interesting and important information on ATS, and often gave interesting and original points of view on these topics.

Thanks!

HF

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
1, Bit annoying to see front page was coverd with north American stuff. I have to go to sub forums to find normal articles.

2, Coukd see american main stream media running around like blue arsed fly. And also could see open journalist prostitution and getting caught with knickers down.

3, Like to see Less racists and more aliens. ( i doubt it 😂)

edit on 12-11-2016 by Pandaram because: Coz i can..

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: HeywoodFloyd
I make this question given the blatant failure of the mainstream media in delivering proper and unbiased information during the campaign.
Especially the failure of reporting information on Hillary Clinton's crimes, related to the private email server, the Clinton Foundation, the Clinton racketeering (pay to play), the sex child abuse scandal, the Wikileaks email exposure, and so on.

They did not fail, you want to claim they failed as they did not push the Republican lies and peoples silly conspiracy theories.

You ignore the fact she was investigated over the email server, and no crime was committed.

Where is the evidence for child abuse? Some people talk about pizza, then other Psychologically Project their own sick fantasies onto the Clintons.

en.wikipedia.org...

There is no evidence for your claims.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
We... here at A T S should be Trumps braintrust....
someone contact him....or maybe he's reading ....should be reading us, huh!!!

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

They did not fail, you want to claim they failed as they did not push the Republican lies and peoples silly conspiracy theories.

So it seems that you actually LIKE the mainstream media: ABC, CBS, NBC, the New York Times, The Washington Post...

I guess you like especially the CNN - the Clinton News Network

and for you they did a wonderful job

congratulations.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
We... here at A T S should be Trumps braintrust....
someone contact him....or maybe he's reading ....should be reading us, huh!!!

I guess he owes us at least a dinner!

and a Glenlivet whisky, or a Laphroaig, or two
(better than the Jack Daniels)
edit on 12-11-2016 by HeywoodFloyd because: edit

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Pandaram

You always could generate some 'non-American' stuff to lead by example.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I do not believe that ATS had any significant effect on the election. The number of people who visit ATS is tiny compared to the population. To believe that people like us made a difference is the height of hubris. All that happened here is a small internecine fight of no significant consequences.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

You ignore the fact she was investigated over the email server, and no crime was committed.

Where is the evidence for child abuse? Some people talk about pizza, then other Psychologically Project their own sick fantasies onto the Clintons.

en.wikipedia.org...

There is no evidence for your claims.

The biggest fail was Hillary herself.

Quite a few government reports and released information proved she was lying all the way through.

And she still has not explained those hundreds of lies.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I agree, I think that ATS was a very good resource for information regarding the election. I am sure viewership grew immensely.

The MSM as we learned from Wiki-Leaks were all in the tank for HRC. And, what about the DNC? WOW Sanders should be very troubled by what took place.

The worst thing though, we were lied to by our own government, and media. If it was not for Wiki-Leaks and some sources inside the machine we would have had the wool totally pulled over our eyes. How bad is it that we had to hear the truth from foreign sources about the corruption, the lies, the collusion?

You can laugh, but my main sources of information (not in any order of priority) are: ATS, Drudgereport, FoxNews, FoxBusiness News. From those sources to just name a few......you get more of what is REALLY happening, and allows you to go and research stories you do not hear of read elsewhere IMHO.
edit on 12-11-2016 by 1TruthTeller because: added a word

ADDED: I also view EuroNews on cable. If your provider has it, I recommend it. It provides an Int'l perspective and how the world views America. Additionally, they provide a number of very interesting and informative stories that you never see on our networks. Just a FYI
edit on 12-11-2016 by 1TruthTeller because: added content

edit on 12-11-2016 by 1TruthTeller because: spelling

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
I do not believe that ATS had any significant effect on the election. The number of people who visit ATS is tiny compared to the population. To believe that people like us made a difference is the height of hubris. All that happened here is a small internecine fight of no significant consequences.

My take is not that ATS had a direct impact on the election results,
but on the information industry landscape.

However, Wikileaks, and the alternative media as a whole, did certainly have a strong impact also on the election results.

Without Wikileaks and the alternative media, you would now have Hillary Clinton as President elect.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

The biggest fail was Hillary herself.

Quite a few government reports and released information proved she was lying all the way through.

And she still has not explained those hundreds of lies.

as someone said "She lied even about lying"

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I do not believe that ATS had any significant effect on the election

I have to agree.

Most of the hottest topics on the front page during the last two weeks of the election where anti Trump threads from the mud pit.

Apparently that one about Trump tv was epically wrong.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: HeywoodFloyd

1. Yes, ATS had an uptick in traffic. You'll notice an uptick in traffic on ATS coinciding with certain mainstream agendas/votes. ATS seems to be a popular place for shills to try and influence public opinion.

2. The question is moot.

3. The question is moot.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Sorry to burst bubbles but ATS was the least effective of all the alt media I visit at cutting through the crap.
Every alt media on the net was being hammered hard (they still are) with posters trying to obfuscate the truth and keep people ignorant.
The winds of change are blowing not just in the U.S.A but around the globe and it is a last ditched attempt to put a stop to what has often been discussed here at ATS as The New World Order.
The Left/Alt left/SJW/Feminists and pro globalist groups will have you believe it is the rise of racism/white nationalism/fascism and any other ism they can use to attack those opposed to the MARXIST NWO.

edit on 12-11-2016 by oddnutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

All that happened here is a small internecine fight of no significant consequences.

And it is just one site. Most people have a tendency to flock to the websites that support their own point of view. Some flock to those sites that have an opposing view in hopes of either persuading others to change their mind, or to harass them for not thinking the same way.

The downside to the Internet is that you can always find a site or someone that believes what you believe, or to agree with your point of view. It doesn't have to be factual. It doesn't have to make sense. It doesn't have to be right.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: oddnutz
Sorry to burst bubbles but ATS was the least effective of all the alt media I visit at cutting through the crap.

well, everyone is entitled to have his/her own opinion, no problem.

originally posted by: oddnutz
Every alt media on the net was being hammered hard (they still are) with posters trying to obfuscate the truth and keep people ignorant.
The winds of change are blowing not just in the U.S.A but around the globe and it is a last ditched attempt to put a stop to what has often been discussed here at ATS as The New World Order.
The Left/Alt left/SJW/Feminists and pro globalist groups will have you believe it is the rise of racism/white nationalism/fascism and any other ism they can use to attack those opposed to the MARXIST NWO.

as many intelligent observers noted,
this presidential race was NOT left versus right,
and was not Democrats versus Republicans
(Trump isn't even a Republican, and the GOP bosses did not like Trump and tried their best to stop him, failing miserably).

No, this race was about an outsider (Trump) versus the establishment (Clinton).

And it is not by chance that all the banksters, the big corporations, the mainstream media, even the idiotic Hollywood buffoons were endorsing Clinton and spitting on Trump.

you can call the establishment NWO, or whatever.
The core of the matter does not change.

But what is the game changer, in my opinion, is the general landscape of the information industry as a whole.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: oddnutz

How was it the least effective? They kept grand standing with their bs paparazzi tabloid election model, but we smashed that noise with truth and hard datas. Reddit 4chan etc might have more users that happen to be able to pop into their political categories, but we had the highest quality presentation format of the mix.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: HeywoodFloyd
I agree with pretty much everything you have posted.

The first part of my post was my own opinion based on my observations during this Presidential race. Before the second debate ATS was my number 1 go to website for alternate media (has been for 10 years) but due to so many posters here reiterating the mainstream (establishment) position I found myself coming here only after viewing other sources of alt media.

Everything else you have mentioned is spot on imo, it represents the US's position in the establishments (ILLUMINATI/GLOBALIST/TPTB) agenda, which i believe is to create a NWO shaped by those rich and powerful families/individuals and the corporations they use.

Alt left/Alt right of the political spectrum are both tools use by the establishment to further their goals. Most of us lay in the void between these two groups and we are attacked relentlessly in an attempt to divide and conquer.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

sorry Blisss, HeywoodFloyd summed it up. It was my opinion only, and I came across a little strong in my post. My apologies.

Many posters, yourself included kept up the good fight and threads made by yourself and other like minded members were the first I opened every time.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join