It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When will the political threads stop?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

I think you have to be pig thick to get behind either candidate, and those who are enacting violence generally need to be slapped in cuffs regardless of why they are doing what they are doing, absolutely bang on. But some of the violence is fascist in nature, and that makes it a bigger problem than violence which is not. Fascist violence sets precedents which violence by other means and for other reasons does not, and represents a threat to the fabric of the United States in a way that no other violence ever could.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
When will the people that care about other topics stop being shy and just post what they want to post..

Maybe they fear politics will affect their precious stars and flags?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I get what you mean about the nature of the violence. There is general pissed-off-ed-ness and genuine hate.

I think you would be hard pressed to get a real good explanation from either party when you catch them in the act of a riot. It's like herd mentality or something.

For my eyes, it kind of invalidates the point when everyone takes the low road.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadCat
I am continuing to post religious threads, and a new one went up only tonight.
It may or may not have fewer stars than usual, but that's not an issue.

Jeremiah; The rival prophets

edit on 11-11-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueShaman
Many were looking forward to election day because they were tired of all the political threads on ATS. Here we are a few days later and it seems like we have as many - if not more - political threads now.

Take a look at the front page, 98% of the threads are politics-related.

How much longer will the political threads keep pouring in? Until the official inauguration in January? Longer?

Seeing as Trump's victory is the most controversial of all time, I get the feeling ATS will be like this for at least the next 4 years.

I suggested ATS not allow them for 48 hours!!!

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
sorry but i skipped every reply on this thread cause i guessed it would still be political,donalds in and hes not going anywhere,just like sturgeon is in and she aint going anywhere either, except it and move on,america hates trump,scotland hates sturgeon,unless theres an uprising then both are firmly planted where they stand.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

I absolutely agree with you.

I have been very strong in my response to the political direction the United States has decided to take, precisely because for all that it is not my homeland, I love what it's constitution stands for, and I love a great many of its people, right here on this site, as well as people with whom I have connections not related to my activity here. I want the level best for every damned one of them, even those with whom I often disagree on certain issues.

It has been bad enough that for the last twenty years, a nation for which I have fondness for reasons having to do with its original structure and founding documentation, has been presided over by a procession of right wing, or faux left wing psychopaths who have sold guns to their enemies in order to frighten people at home, and destabilise regions abroad. It is bad enough that for all of that time, if not longer, the people of that great nation have been paying for their own enslavement, the slow removals of their privacy, the destruction of due process by a whole host of apparently unrelated changes to law relating to things like asset forfeiture, surveillance, due process more broadly, the quiet creation of political prisons within the country. It is bad enough that all this, and many, MANY more things besides have been done to the population, including the propaganda psyop that has seen these things either missed, misrepresented to, or misunderstood by the people.

But for that great nation, with that fantastic, inspiring document at its heart, with the wonderful people I know living in it, to turn itself over to such as Trump, when the writing was on the wall before the spray can ever blasted its first foul issue, is utterly devastating, and makes no actual sense.

I can understand frustration. I have been frustrated by my own government for decades, have nothing but loathing for its every machination now, and have had for most of my life. But the fact is that if you offered me a Trump analogue, showed him to me as the saviour of my nation, showed him to me as a way out or even a protest vote, I would refuse him, because fascism is not the answer to any problem worth solving. Not even the sort of fascism which is hidden behind layer after layer of "straight talk" which is code for having no bloody idea how to conduct oneself when about important business.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueShaman

NEVER..............BAWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I don't know, I have decided to just embrace it. It appears you can be as ignorant as you want, fabricate anything you wish, and insult other posters as much as you like as long as you are in the mud pit.

Because I don't think it will stop.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

When will the political threads stop?

Hmmmm.... perhaps when every other ATS member is no longer interested in politics and those that rule us... or perhaps when the owners of ATS decide to no longer allow political threads... or perhaps when pigs fly and hell freezes over at the same time.

In other words: Probably never.

What I wonder is why so many people who presumably come to a discussion forum to discuss issues wants the discussion to stop? And then I wonder how many of those people are simply so self-centered and focused on their own self and interests that they would shut down everyone else... and then I have to wonder just how many others of those people are knowingly and deliberately trying to shut down discussion for more nefarious purposes...

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

But some of the violence is fascist in nature, and that makes it a bigger problem than violence which is not.

I don't understand the distinction you're trying to make... isn't all violence fascist in nature? I.e., one person forcing their will on another? The one exception I can think of is self-defense, but that means that someone else is using violence against that person to force their will on the one forced to defend themselves, so it is still fascist in nature.

What am I missing? (Or presuming in my head???)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join