It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nicely Wrapped Shamelessness For Sale Here

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Just now, while browsing and clicking around, I found THIS monstrosity:

Seriously? ANYONE who does not know their babysitter or their dogwalker well deserves NEITHER a baby NOR a dog.
Shameful.

This ad reflects shameless disinterest for those most closely connected to the very things that make our lives worth living. At least, in MY world. This ad should say "from the mailman to the meter reader". NOT from the babysitter to the dogwalker.

Holy crap and we wonder why this place has gone to hell. It's this bloody handbasket.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

We could do maybe "the cafeteria worker to the parking lot ticket taker"..... "the grocery produce guy to the trash collectors".

But babysitter and dogwalker? wow.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I can maybe understand the Dog Walker but who doesn't know their Babysitter well enough to get them a gift???

It's your damn baby!! Why would you leave your baby with someone that is basically a stranger you don't know???

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I think there are companies that make the background check of such service providers and you contract them tru them so even as you don't know who they are at a personal level you do know they are qualified for the job.

Also the ad says from dog walkers to baby sitters, not from your dog walker to your baby sitter, it must be for one of those secret Santa stuff, "oh great what do I give to this random baby sitter now, or, hurray I got the dog walker..."

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

I can maybe understand the Dog Walker but who doesn't know their Babysitter well enough to get them a gift???

It's your damn baby!! Why would you leave your baby with someone that is basically a stranger you don't know???

Why would you chop your baby up with a blender? Who knows. There's no way to rationalize irrational motivations.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Babysitter I absolutely agree, dog walker not so much so long as my dog came back happy.
Never used a dog walker though, just friends who do a favour if out of town or whatever.

Never used a babysitter who wasn't a trusted friend either...never will now, kids grown up.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Here is an idea.

If you cannot be available to walk your dog...DO NOT DARE GET A DAMNED DOG!

Dog walker? That is something which dog owners do. It should not be a damned profession! You know what dog walkers who work do? They get up three hours earlier than other people, and walk the damn dog regardless. Then they go to work, then they work and go home, then they walk the dog again. If your life is not dog friendly, do not get one. There should not be any form of employment, called "Dog Walker". That is utterly ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I think this actually addresses what is REALLY WRONG: That in search of $ We forego all that makes breathing tolerable. Your kid is an a-hole? That is YOUR fault.
Your dog doesn't walk on the lead? YOUR fault.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

That's crazy... I don't even trust my friends with my baby, much less someone I don't know well.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

edit on 10-11-2016 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Don't you just hate the people that think to know you and bring a gift according to a topic you once out of politeness had a conversation about?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigTownSky

Why would you chop your baby up with a blender? Who knows. There's no way to rationalize irrational motivations.

I don't know. Why would you chop your baby up with a blender??? Is that like a baby smoothy???

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

as a house keeper for years, once I got a note that said have an apple and Merry Christmas

So did you get the notebook or the phone?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
I think there are companies that make the background check of such service providers and you contract them tru them so even as you don't know who they are at a personal level you do know they are qualified for the job.

Also the ad says from dog walkers to baby sitters, not from your dog walker to your baby sitter, it must be for one of those secret Santa stuff, "oh great what do I give to this random baby sitter now, or, hurray I got the dog walker..."

LOL!! Nice try.

Nope. That is not what they meant. They would have said "your secret santa answer here".

As for someone else doing the screening, so you know whoever they chose will be qualified???? !!!!!!!!

NO. Just no. Not in any world is that appropriate. Your CHILD. And your DOG. Those are family members. Unless it's an emergency drop-off situation, this is entirely unacceptable.

Maybe the school principal, or the vet tech.......

but there is NO EXCUSE for not knowing the carer well......

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
In a past life I was a courier and delivered people's stuff from ebay, Amazon etc.

I got to know a few customers pretty well and there were some very rich, very well to do folks on my round.

Even a couple of Ladies. Ones with titles.
By far the most pleasant and generous with Christmas presents etc were either the poor folks living in blocks of flats or the seriously old money types.
The ones in the middle, with the high end new build houses and the Audi on finance sitting in the drive were uniformly miserable and distant.

They're probably the ones who these ads are aimed at.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

edit on 10-11-2016 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

as a house keeper for years, once I got a note that said have an apple and Merry Christmas

a housekeeper is ENTIRELY DIFFERENT. A Housekeeper, a Lawn-mower guy, a handyman....those things do not require knowing someone well.

We are talking about BABYSITTER. And DOGWALKER.

For my part, only my closest friends are allowed to pet-sit, and my kids are now grown, but we NEVER hired a babysitter that we hadn't at least INTERVIEWED carefully. No. Just....NO.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
In a past life I was a courier and delivered people's stuff from ebay, Amazon etc.

I got to know a few customers pretty well and there were some very rich, very well to do folks on my round.

Even a couple of Ladies. Ones with titles.
By far the most pleasant and generous with Christmas presents etc were either the poor folks living in blocks of flats or the seriously old money types.
The ones in the middle, with the high end new build houses and the Audi on finance sitting in the drive were uniformly miserable and distant.

They're probably the ones who these ads are aimed at.
I agree.

The ones who can't be bothered to acknowledge the integrity of people who are caring for their most precious treasures.....

oh. wait.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
erm. no. I hate the fact that some people hire STRANGERS to care for their children and their pets.

If you don't give a crap, don't have a kid OR a dog.
They are not "accessories"!!

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
When we go out of town I pay an agency to feed and play with my 3 cats every day...

Last year our normal girl at the agency moved and they replaced her with another person…

We have never met her but she has a key to our house and I set up a new alarm code for every vacation we go on…

And "her" name is pat so she may not even be a she at all haha

I guess we are kind of dumb for letting a stranger into our house...

But I am pay someone to play with my cats so im kinda crazy to begin with I suppose..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join