It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am genuinely concerned about the LGBTQ people, and what they will be facing in a Trump Presidency

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
We have every right to criticize and persuade using our 1st Amendment rights, to speak out against what we find to be wrong.

You absolutely do!

Furthermore, the more rational your criticisms are, the more likely you'll persuade others.

You think that it was wrong for Pres Obama to use his authority to give LGBT protection against discrimination. I think its wrong to say "# You" to the LGTB community and its supporters, and pull those protections out from under them.

Who's pulling protections for LGBTQs?

This guy?

He's not even in office yet. You may be putting the cart in front of the horse with your concerns.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Okay, to placate you I will just type out the whole description instead of using one word.

People who either hate homosexuals OR hate the idea of homosexuality OR are against homosexuals enjoying their constitutional right to equal treatment under the laws.

If you fit in that description somewhere, than yes, I am referring to you. If you don't fit in that description, than I am not referring to you.

Care to comment on the links I provided showing you the fairly large number of people who do not fit into that description?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: redmage

Who's pulling protections for LGBTQs?

Trump has promised he will rescind all of Obama's executive orders, including protections for gays and lesbians working for federal contractors. "

He has promised to appoint people to executive branch agencies, and within the White House and the Justice Department, who are hostile to LGBT people

Mike Pence is proof of that!

"I will do everything in my power to protect our LGBTQ citizens from the violence and oppression of a hateful foreign ideology," Trump said.
www.npr.org...

Unless, they happen to be federal contractors!

He's not even in office yet. You may be putting the cart in front of the horse with your concerns.

Now is the time to be speaking out. Not on after "Day 1", on "Day 2".

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Now is the time to be speaking out. Not on after "Day 1", on "Day 2".

Interesting.

Once upon a time people were condemned after committing an offense, not simply condemned for worst case "possibilities" of what they might do.

I guess we'll find out soon enough. Seems Pence and Trump have contradicted each other on numerous occasions throughout the campaign, so it's honestly hard to get a read on where policy will actually go once he's in office.

As far as Tiven's claim that Trump will rescind "protections for gays and lesbians working for federal contractors"... a source for such an opinion would be nice. Can't say that I know Tiven well enough to know if Tiven is a "chicken little" crying about the sky falling, or if it's really a legitimate concern, but judging by this... Tiven may be a bit off base.
edit on 11/12/16 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: redmage

Once upon a time people were condemned after committing an offense

True. But the offense itself was already condemned.

so it's honestly hard to get a read on where policy will actually go once he's in office.

Trump has placed 4 nuclear family members on his transition team, and they are working NOW, so that everything will be ready to rock on "Day 1", as Trump has promised. NOW is the time for them to be listening to the people, if they ever will, and NOW is when they have his "formative ear".

I'm not out protesting in the streets. I'm quietly, yet perhaps passionately, voicing my concerns and debating against Trump's campaign promises, on my favorite social media site, and on the grounds that I believed him. Most of the people arguing against me, or flat out denying my concerns, are Trump supporters that DON'T believe him! Amazing!

As far as Tiven's claim that Trump will rescind "protections for gays and lesbians working for federal contractors"... a source for such an opinion would be nice.

I'm at a disadvantage, for a few weeks longer, in that my computer too old for Windows 10, My Windows version is outdated and won't take updates, therefore Google Chrome won't run properly and the only search engine results i get hardly even address my query and are really mainstream watered down news. Oh, and I can't watch any embedded videos except YouTube.

So, sorry that I couldn't find a more informative link. I know they're out there!

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Here is the bottom line on this. No one cares if you are gay, lesbian, trans-gender or whatever. No one cares if you are white or black, Mexican or American. No one cares if you are rich or poor or if you are on welfare. We don't care where you get your birth control or your medical insurance. We really don't even care if you are a Republican, Democrat or Independent.

Here is what we DO care about. You follow the laws and the rules...same as everyone else. You have the exact same rights...as everyone else. You get, give, pay and produce...the same as everyone else. Where problems come up is when "some people" demand SPECIAL RIGHTS! Example...Obama phones, using the wrong bathroom, marching half naked in a parade, rioting because some white guy bumped into a black guy (and free TVs), anarchy because YOUR choice for President didn't win, school counseling just in case a Halloween costume scared someone, free food for people who have the cash to buy a 64" 4K TV, on welfare but everyone in your house has a brand new $800 iPhone, if your black it was a hate crime but if you're white it isn't, illegally entering our country and demanding rights and benefits, etc., etc., etc.

So no matter what you are or what you want to call yourself (I'm a Goat!), if you do as everyone else, stop demanding special treatment and special exceptions and benefit the society as everyone else...NO ONE CARES!!!

PS: If it helps, there is a name for that. Actually two. FAIR and EQUAL.

edit on 11/12/2016 by WeAreAWAKE because: Added PS

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Well said, and lets not forget he had a Women, A Gay Man and a Black Man as the first 3 members of his election team. I dont see that he is going to be discriminating against anyone.

We need to give him a chance. Just like we have given every president before him a chance.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
to that community...you better get some baseball bats and butch up, there are going to be conflicts. also, see if you can acquire a concealed carry permit for a gun. there are plenty of people out there, that have a lot of hate for your community. and now they have the leaders of the entire federal government that believe you are a cancer on society

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1

Well said, and lets not forget he had a Women, A Gay Man and a Black Man as the first 3 members of his election team. I dont see that he is going to be discriminating against anyone.

We need to give him a chance. Just like we have given every president before him a chance.

I'll add to that thought. There were arguments on ATS about a baker not wanting to make a cake for a gay couple's wedding. I fought for the baker's right to deny service to anyone. I feel that any business must be allowed to choose who supplies their goods and who they refuse to serve in order for their business success or failure to be their own. Man...people fought that position. But I always said one thing, every time. Personally...a business owner who refuses anyone service is not a good business owner and will one day be out of business.

I sincerely doubt Trump would accept being out of business and will therefore, serve everyone regardless of color, sex, gender, nationality, etc. Considering the deep racism of Obama and gang...Trump may be the Lincoln of our time.

(post by CrapAsUsual removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I seriously don't think i could have said it any better myself. You absolutely nailed it. Well done.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

I can understand some trepidation. However, really,

“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself”: FDR’s First Inaugural Address

Everyone deserves respect and the pursuit of happiness. Think positive. I believe things will be just fine IMHO, maybe even better.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Okay, to placate you I will just type out the whole description instead of using one word.

People who either hate homosexuals OR hate the idea of homosexuality OR are against homosexuals enjoying their constitutional right to equal treatment under the laws.

If you fit in that description somewhere, than yes, I am referring to you. If you don't fit in that description, than I am not referring to you.

Care to comment on the links I provided showing you the fairly large number of people who do not fit into that description?

How about if I don't hate you, the LGBT community or anyone for that matter? What if I just think you want special rights and special exceptions? What if I believe that many of you have the simple agenda of trying to force others to accept you and your lifestyles? While it makes no difference to me...that is a lot of the problem you encounter.

If you would live and let live and not ask or demand anything...you would rarely encounter problems. But instead..."I want to use any bathroom I want." for example. Sorry...fair and equal. Everyone treated exactly the same. You consider yourself a different gender...no problem. You want special provisions based upon that...problem.

It really isn't difficult but you want it to be. You are looking for confrontation.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I'm sorry I couldn't post something that was more recent, but there was a request for examples of discrimination based on sexual orientation, with no time restrictions imposed, and I provided my personal story. Should I have also included that the effect of that incident made me cautious and quelled my ambition for the next 15 years? Because it did. After that incident I had no faith that I had any job security and accepted my fate as a low income outsider destined to work in the service industry the rest of my life.

I do have other more recent stories, but they would be hearsay at best since they happened to other people and I have only heard one side of the story. I have a friend who worked construction who, when outed by a coworker, was told that he was creating a hostile work environment and let go. I have another that was a successful bartender at a golf course that was told he would alienate customers because he married his partner of 14 years. Again, I don't know if there were other circumstances because I only know half the story, and folks don't like to admit when they have issues with attendance or performance.

I also see the other side. The company I currently work for, which I am fully out and proud with, let a worker go because of performance issues a few months ago. He immediately took to social media and claimed that they fired him because he was gay, even though anyone could tell it was because of his attendance and his bad work ethic. Even when I confronted him about it he called me a "gay uncle Tom" and refused to accept his own failures.

That said, it does happen. Not as much anymore, but it does.

Do I think it's an epidemic? No.

Do I think it should still be addressed. Yes.

One person marginalized can have serious repercussions on their friends, their family and their mental health. It's a ripple effect of negativity that can be avoided if we just treated one another as equals on a base human level, and not biased by antiquated social norms.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   

As you said, they like being victims, they like it when people listen to, and empathize, with their problems.
So if they ain't got no problems, they make problems.

"Life is so hard when you're a 4-year old, female, carrot trapped in a 27-year old mans body"

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

You act like you are the victim. You criticize people that are exercising their rights as a citizen and then fault them for not conforming to unconstitutional things. We are all created equal, we all deserve to be treated as equals, even if you believe you are a carrot. Or have a horrible addiction to Japanese body pillows. Or voted Johnson. Or are a flat earther. Or just happen to be homonormative.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: lSkrewloosel
a reply to: JesusXst

he LGBTQ community is something like 4% of the population, but after Obama became POTUS, there's been so much talk about them that you'd think they're 40%

im a red head and we are 2% of the worlds population. don't hear anything about us at all

What states don't allow red heads to marry? What countries are you sentenced to death for being a red head? Can you list the rights you are being denied just for being born with red hair?

Get my point? There is inequality and a large number of cretins who still believe being gay or bi is a choice. Hence wh they have to shout and make themselves heard. When the whole country treats them like they treat every other person then there will no longer be any need for them to do what they feel they have to do now.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
"I am genuinely concerned about the LGBTQ people, and what they will be facing in a Trump Presidency"
I have heard that so many times over the last few days, and I really dont understand what their fear is. What will a Trump Presidency change for them? Ive been told they are afraid of being marginalized, but no one really has an answer.

Im probably completely ignorant and out of touch with what they have to go through. So, can anyone explain what their legitimate fear of Trump is? What are they afraid of losing? I really dont get it.

There isn't anything, The people complaining are professional victims.

If anything, they would be safer and more welcomed under a Trump presidency - one of the key differences between conservatives and liberals is that conservatives will hate you if you restrict their freedom, while liberals will hate you if you have a different opinion.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Not sure if it's been said here or not, but apparently Pence has said that he believes homosexuality can be cured through electroshock therapy. That's plenty reason for the LGBTQ community to fear persecution and being forced into mental hospitals.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: redmage
In today's vernacular they all just mean "person who has the audacity to disagree with me".

You can add "snowflake" and "SJW" to that list too........
edit on 11/13/2016 by AlbanArthur because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join