It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton is leading the Polls...no wait...Trump is leading in the Polls...or, um...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
In other words, the Pollsters don't have a clue!

Fox News says Clinton is up by 4%
IDP/TIPP says Trump is up by 2%
Rasmussen says Clinton by 2%
LA Times says Trump by 5%

It's going to be a wild finish!

Fox Poll
IDP/TIPP Poll
Rasmussen Poll
LA Times Poll

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

Not really, polls and electoral college are two very different things... Hillary about has this in the bag unfortunately.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Not really, polls and electoral college are two very different things... Hillary about has this in the bag unfortunately.

The problem is, you are likely basing this conclusion on the results of Polls in the individual States...which, as per above, are likely not truly indicative.

Trump still has many "paths to 270", and seems to be doing well in the States that he needs to - but we will not know for sure until Tuesday night.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Normally I would agree but after Brexit anything is possible. I thought no way that would happen and then bam. It did. Even after Obama tried to sell it as evil just like he is doing withTrump.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I just cant wait until its #en over.

I am powerless, other than my little vote, in NY State, LoL, so just get it over with.

Either way I will be buying more ammunition and food before Inauguration.

I hope Trump wins, but I hope more that somehow the cesspool that is DC, from total Oligarch corruption to ultimate evil pedo crimes is somehow sanitized.

Let it burn if it must to let what this Country was founded on rise again from the ashes.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
bet trump is leading the polls...but MSM is hiding it.....

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode

Touche, no one saw that coming.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Take a look at the internals of the IBD/TIPP poll each day over the last week. Specifically, look at the movement in the numbers in the Midwest. Over the last week, Trump has broken out from a statistical tie into a huge lead. Obviously, we won't know until tomorrow night if that's really happening, but given how the candidates are suddenly putting so much focus on the region, it may be.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Or what if it's a complete washout one way or the other and the media makes the polls appear close so that people won't "waste" their vote on a third party, therefore leaving the third party to never come around. This may be a way for them to maintain a two party system that obviously works for the wealthy. I personally don't ever recall a time when the media wasn't saying "it's an extremely close race".

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I hope all these so called media pools get sued after this election
I am not a US citizen, but how can people accept fake pools by political active media
Should be illegal

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
The last General Election here in the U.K, the polls indicated that it would be a hung Parliament because no single party would have enough support to form a Government. These polls were wrong, not a million miles off, but enough for questions to be asked. The mistakes were blamed on shy Tory voters, not wanting to admit their voting intentions.

Then we had the E.U Referendum in June and the polls indicated that the majority of people would be voting to remain. Again, the polls got it wrong, so wrong in fact that to this day, I haven't heard a convincing argument as to why they were wrong.

So, I no longer take notice of polls prior to elections. I did consider looking at the odds given by bookmakers, but they got it disastrously wrong during the referendum, so I don't think it would be wise to consider this option either.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Ooh, a double post
edit on 7/11/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

The more that I seriously consider saying either "President Trump" or "President Clinton" (again), the more I want to vomit.

And, of course, in a race this close, polls are useless.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I think I see whats going to happen...

(Im a Hillary supporter so to me this is, a bittersweet ending because I support our nations values, but at the same time I know we cannot have Trump as president)

Hillary leads by large 9+ point margins in early voting, but polling shows Trump leading in election day voting numbers...

I dont know if you all remember, but polling locaitons will have EXTREME waits.. 4 hours plus! I bet alot of people will walk away and/or give up.

Here in AZ during early voting the polls closed at 5PM.. but there were still 400 people in line at that time.

Its why the Democratic party pushed the early vote so hard, they knew the polls on election day would be a mess and people will walk.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

What are his many paths?

Here's an interactive map for you. You give him the states you think give him a path to 270.

www.270towin.com...
edit on 1172016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Everywhere if you are on line when the polls close you get to vote.
No exceptions.

I have camp chairs. I can wait it out. We waited about two hours last presidential election.
edit on 1172016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

I am not a US citizen, but how can people accept fake pools by political active media
Should be illegal

The polls are not fake.

Perhaps you could tell me which of the bogus narratives you've fallen for, so I can correct the record.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

It would be great if we got voter turn out like that.
I hope you're right.

I dont mind waiting.

I hope it's not cold.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers

originally posted by: Spacespider

Should be illegal

The polls are not fake.

Perhaps you could tell me which of the bogus narratives you've fallen for, so I can correct the record.

LOL correct the record. I see what you did there.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Polls aren't fake, and they aren't all over the place. You just happened to choose the 2 polls that have polled favorably for Trump all election cycle (IDP/TIPP and LA Times) and then included Fox News poll and Rasmussen poll for good measure. Now I ask you, what about the other 8 polls that came out this week?

ABC News/Washington Post says Clinton up by 4%
Ipsos says Clinton up by 4%
CBS News/New York Times says Clinton up by 4%
NBC News/Wall Street Journal says Clinton up by 4%
Angus Reid Global says Clinton up by 4%
Selzer & Company says Clinton up by 3%
Monmouth University says Clinton up by 6%
Marist College says Clinton up by 1%

You can pick and choose the polls you want in order to feel like Trump has a chance or that polls are off. But when a majority of polls point in a general direction, you are just deluding yourself. But I suppose these polls don't count since they have Clinton up.

ABC News/Washington Post
Ipsos
CBS/New York Times
NBC News/Wall Street Journal
Angus Reid Global
Selzer & Company
Monmouth University
Marist College

top topics

<<   2 >>

join