It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something strange happened after a car bombing

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I found this video on Liveleak and thought it was the usual click bait title (I used the exact title from the Liveleak post). But what happened was indeed strange.
At first I thought the explosion had unleashed some sort of chemical judging by the way the crowd rushed by and then dropped like flies, but watching further it appears to be crisis actors.

Another thought - perhaps it was a low budget movie set?

Link to Video

Update
Here is a link provided by Chadwickus to a very detailed analysis of this video and media claim that this was an actual bombing with actual casualties:
The Remarkable Case of an Iraqi Car Bomb
edit on 6/11/2016 by deltaalphanovember because: added update

Update 2
"Something Strange" - Hurriyah car bombing video seems staged
edit on 6/11/2016 by deltaalphanovember because: update 2

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: deltaalphanovember

That's how propaganda to the western media is made

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   
That did indeed look strange.

If it was a chemical attack I don't think any of those "victims" would have dropped with what appeared to be blood on them because the wind was blowing downwind judging from the smoke from fire.

And the person who filmed it was in the perfect spot to film the whole thing for some time after the "terrorist" walked calmly to the get a way truck.

The whole thing looked staged to me.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: DutchBigBoy

That's how propaganda to the western media is made

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Spader

In the video comments someone mentioned that it could be a training exercise for citizen first responders, but there was no triage or on-site stabilising of the "victims" so that does not seem to be right to me (I have no medical experience so I could be wrong). They just rushed the "injured" away.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   
THE WORST timing for a terrorist bomb, even the victims were late.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Bizarre to say the least.

Just made me think: we have been conditioned to believe that much of the ME is unstable and that real car bombings and stuff of that nature happens frequently.

But what if we are wrong? What if it is just made to appear that way?

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: deltaalphanovember
a reply to: Spader

In the video comments someone mentioned that it could be a training exercise for citizen first responders, but there was no triage or on-site stabilising of the "victims" so that does not seem to be right to me (I have no medical experience so I could be wrong). They just rushed the "injured" away.

I just realized my ear buds were plugged in. I thought there was no sound. Otherwise I wouldn't have written that.
Thanks for the heads up.
edit on 6-11-2016 by Spader because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   
image: edge.liveleak.com...

@LizardFool 

"That wasn´t an explosion then but rather an implosion,"

Comment says it all to me. training exercise, (Poor drills IMO)

Fox Belfast.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Going by the fact everyone seems to be wearing the same coloured clothes I would say they are wearing some kind of uniform (medical staff?). Are you sure this isn't some kind of training exercise?

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

The Information Age is both a blessing and a curse. To me, there is so much "noise" out there that is increasingly difficult to separate the real from the staged or hoaxed. It has become too easy to manipulate and there is not enough fact-checking mechanisms in place like there used to be.
The most powerful weapon that any interest/terrorist group now has is not it's cache of weapons or verifiable facts - it's their social media/multimedia division.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: sg1642

That is a question that has already been posed. The fact remains that it is an odd video without context.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost
Bizarre to say the least.

Just made me think: we have been conditioned to believe that much of the ME is unstable and that real car bombings and stuff of that nature happens frequently.

But what if we are wrong? What if it is just made to appear that way?

I often think we are "Wad the Dog"`ed.
Three days ago i saw an reporter of a german Springer-press(Atlantik-Brücke propaganda mouthpiece) news channel, N24. Allegedly in Mossul.

He was acting like such an "embedded reporter", wearing body armour, jumping and running around like he would be in danger. Showing some trenches, empty. Showing something like a checkpoint, not even ready build, and explaining what the sandbags and watchtowers are for.

The whole time i checked the background, i listened to what happens around him, checked the sky... And guess what....
Nothing!
No sounds of war or fightings, no smoke at the sky, nowhere. No soldiers, no "IS", no people, nothing. The whole scene around him was empty. While others report that there are heavy fights everywhere around Mossul. If he was that deep in the "IS" territory that there were no fights yet, who build the long, fresh trenches, the yet unfinished checkpoint or outpost, and how, without getting shot or blown up by the so called "IS"? Everything was looking a bit too new, too fresh, too empty, too staged.

Either he was somewhere else on earth, and just acting as if he would be in Mossul.
Or something with that whole Mossul-, "IS" story is wrong.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Here's some more information.

www.bellingcat.com...

Very interesting, thanks for sharing

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Stunning follow-up, thank you sir. The article you linked to is a rare example of superb investigative journalism.

From the article posted by Chadwickus:

A car bomb parked in a street of the Al-Hurriyah district of Baghdad killed at least eight people and wounded 30 more on October 30, 2016. At least, that’s what media reports suggested. Security camera footage that emerged three days later painted a fundamentally different picture: people prepared to run to the scene, pretending to be dead and waiting to be picked up by medical personnel. What is going on here?

The plot thickens...
edit on 6/11/2016 by deltaalphanovember because: extra info from new link by Chadwickus

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Lol.

They put 7 or 8 people into that tiny van. Sardines anyone?

Stacking 'em high

Count them. Someone put it to Benny Hill Music.

P

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   
"Crisis actors , we have them here in the US"

This video has been talked about in the Muslim community. The popular opinion is that it was indeed a staged video .

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: sg1642

Great, thank you for the link. More info to feed my growing paranoia monster

I will add the link to the update on the OP.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   
If I can remember the name of a company that used to do this sort of thing for the USMC Infantry and MarSoc. All opfor personell were dressed like the real deal civilians and rebel forces and this company where a hollywood special effects team, they would rig up real explosions that were controlled to simulate ied and car bomb attacks. the way that it worked out was very realistic especially cause all of us on opfor where experienced war fighters training another unit filled with boots. Even though it was training you could clearly tell it terrified some while you could pick out the experienced marines even from a distance. If I remember who they are I will come back and let you know because they have videos online somewhere that may help you draw a comparison between the simuation and the real thing.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join