It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something strange happened after a car bombing

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Whatever that video shows its not a legitimate terrorism attack. I go with training video ( very poor) or its crisis actors. Again very poor performance.
Staged either way you look at this. It's just crap isn't it.
If that can't be plain enough to see then whoever believes this, well that's pretty sad. Are there people that gullible? (don't answer that)

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Did they ever pass on some of that training to the Iraqis?

Now that we know this is a staged event for the MSM, my question is what is the motive? To stir up more secretarian violence? More aid for their military from the West? Boredom?
edit on 6/11/2016 by deltaalphanovember because: typo

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: stealthyaroura

I think I will answer that: Yes people are that gullible, as Reuters subsequently reported:

A car bomb parked in a shopping street of a Shi'ite district of Baghdad killed at least eight people and wounded more than 30 others on Sunday, police and medical staff said. The bombing, which hit the Hurriya district, came as Iraqi security forces are engaged in an offensive to take back Mosul, Islamic State's last major city stronghold in Iraq. It wasn't clear if there was a suicide driver in the car. (Reporting by Kareem Raheem and Ahmed Rasheed; Writing by Maher Chmaytelli; Editing by Susan Fenton)

Reuters

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: deltaalphanovember

The BellingCat article is an excellent piece of journalism. Really enjoyed it and will seek out more articles by Triebart for his evident neutrality. It's so rare to find details and suspended judgement in the news.

As for the set-up? Who knows. It certainly looks like a propaganda piece and raises questions about related war footage. There was a Palestinian one ~2013 which involved a bomb attack and casualties. There was a young boy with what looked like theatrical blood lying on the ground. The videos can evoke strong emotions and inflame a lot of hatred.

We're seeing the rest of the world catching up with our propaganda techniques. It's making it harder and harder to discern reality when our side is adept at orchestrating propaganda imagery as the rest of them.

There aren't enough Triebarts around to give us all a fighting chance of seeing what's really happening.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Yes indeed, I have bookmarked that site and will be reading more of Christiaan Triebert's past and future articles. Journalist's like him need as much encouragement as possible.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   

It looks like 'citizen journalism' is alive and well at the Belling Cat.

Same here, bookmarked for later. They've got some very interesting international news pieces.

With his background he could end up on the BBC or writing for the broadsheet press

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I have mixed feelings about that - as an independent citizen journalist he seems to have less of an agenda, whereas if he worked for the MSM as a paid employee, I very much doubt he would have the freedom to report in such detail as we see in the Car Bomb article.
The mainstream reporters have much more resources than he has, yet we have not seen the same level or quality of reporting.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: deltaalphanovember

Did they ever pass on some of that training to the Iraqis?

Now that we know this is a staged event for the MSM, my question is what is the motive? To stir up more secretarian violence? More aid for their military from the West? Boredom?

I cant comment on that because I don't know. What I do know in regards, is that for a time there was a training event bringing military commanders from Iraq to train in the US in the Mojave for a time and whether or not they received similar training or not I couldn't say, I am not privy to that sort of info cause I wasn't there for that. I was just giving you an idea that maybe you can have something to compare to is all.

here is a simulation without actors in a different situation, but this is just for starters, the simulated effects look very real. In real life that turret gunner would at the very least been all kinds of effed up whether concussion or the burnt really bad from the heat flash, at the very worse his brain would have bounced off the inside of his skull much like a concussion or lost his life.
edit on 6-11-2016 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Yeah that is flat out BS.
This world is hard to navigate and it's
snip like this that makes me really mad.

Confusing people with grey hat false flag ambiguity
does nothing to help anyone and is considered
low and yellow bellied even for spooks.

Word to the Wise, AT LEAST HALF of the terror we
"see" is staged and the other half isn't on video.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
If I can remember the name of a company that used to do this sort of thing for the USMC Infantry and MarSoc. All opfor personell were dressed like the real deal civilians and rebel forces and this company where a hollywood special effects team, they would rig up real explosions that were controlled to simulate ied and car bomb attacks. the way that it worked out was very realistic especially cause all of us on opfor where experienced war fighters training another unit filled with boots. Even though it was training you could clearly tell it terrified some while you could pick out the experienced marines even from a distance. If I remember who they are I will come back and let you know because they have videos online somewhere that may help you draw a comparison between the simuation and the real thing.

Companies like Cubic and amputees in action get used on training exercises to do this kind of thing. Although the do it a lot better than what we see in the video.

There is no question at all that they are acting. I'm not sure if it's a staged video (in that they may have just been caught on camera rather than a deliberate effort to film this) but it is oretty clear their actions are staged.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
That's not training. That car bomb would have been cordoned off
and the area cleared for a while before detonation .
The rush afterward for the injured to get in place is way
too hurried for exercise. If it was a controlled environment
why the over the top rush ?

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: sg1642

Im just trying to give the op a thinking point and a place to look, I can't speak to the veracity of any of the information or actions in the video, I just won't.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

What really bugs me is that when in non-ATS circles (ie. real life) I refer to video's like this and question the authenticity of what is presented to us by the MSM, I get eye-rolls, strange looks or outright hostility.

We are the agitators, the misfits and the malcontents - sometimes I get the feeling that people don't actually want to hear the truth or to have their core beliefs questioned.
I think in psychological terms it creates something called cognitive dissonance, a real feeling of discomfort to the "followers".

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
watching it again there are a few strange things in the video. the actual car bomb itself does not appear to be an actual car bomb but rather a pyrotechnic show. there cant be any significant power in the blast given the fact there is no damage at all to a wooden gate less than a couple of metres away. the gate doesnt even get forced open let alone suffer fragmentation. the actual explosion looks like a furious and sudden burn rather than a powerful blast. i think the man in the shirt at the beginning was there to facilitate the priming or detonation of some kind of pyrotechnic device. The driver of the vehicle is also wearing the same red clothing that is worn by the 'casualties' and the people helping them. That could suggest that they are all part of the same group.

the sudden appearance of the people acting as casualties and the fact one or two in the bottom right of the screen appear to be wearing doctors scrubs makes it pretty clear they were placed for effect. I was trying to make out what is of so much interest over the wall on the right of the video. is it perhaps an unwanted witness who was there before the show began?

there is no question that is a staged event. the questions are who did it and why? sectarian propaganda? isis supporters trying to stir up a bit of fear? who knows. it is certainly strange.
edit on 0981642 by sg1642 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Christiaan Triebert is currently pursuing a MA at the War Studies Department of King's College London. He has conducted fieldwork in Syria, Iraq, and Ukraine, among other countries. Contact via Twitter: @trbrtc

I wish there were more journalists like this man.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

That's never the routers article covering that event?
Tell me it isn't so. Ultimate facepalm!

I would say " ha you couldn't make this # up" alas it seems you can.
We've all fallen for some media psyop at some point, some have turned it into a fine art but that video?? So amateur. Almost made S h look believable, but I better not really open that can of worms.
Oh S a F just for the doh..... Factor
edit on 6/11/2016 by stealthyaroura because: Star a flag edit

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: sg1642

The video is tinted red!

Look at the tree and leaves

But I see a few of the men with what looks like
Units of blood squirting patients and making trails

These guys are pros!!!!!!

Hard to fake it in under 15 seconds or so

Where's the green screen??

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Aye, I've seen some of those training simulation shoots,not 1St hand of course and they're a whole different deal. Controlled conditions and going the extra mile recruting amputees as casualties. Real gruesome stuff but it's gotta be hasn't it.
It's a brilliant idea for real world conflicts and what to expect.

This is just amateur "something" and it reeks of bs.

Could it be a poor effort of formentioned training opp? I have my doubts.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: iWontGiveUP

In first Update link to the detailed article, there is another link to a discussion on the strange red tree tinting going on the video. I must admit I have not read that discussion - maybe I should

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: stealthyaroura
I couldn't say. I've seen things that were real that at first I thought was fake because they were not only bad things but they were so simple and under dramatic at first I was in disbelief as to what I had seen. I have been a target of ieds before so I know what its like being in that truck, I've also seen them detonated first hand close up on other trucks and people, I've lost friends this way. Sometimes reality is less dramatic as others in Hollywood or in the gaming arena would have you believe.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join