It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catholic church "Voting democrat this year will result in eternal damnation"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Immaculate Conception Catholic Church’s weekly bulletin on Oct. 16, a flier told parishioners that “it is a mortal sin to vote Democrat,”

Read more here: www.miamiherald.com...=cpy

Seems voting for the devil is against the rules?

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: AshFan

Where does it say "Thou shalt not vote for Hillary" ? That's the problem I have with religion. They want you to surrender your mind and let them tell you what's right or wrong, depending on their version of right or wrong.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

That's the problem I have with religion. They want you to surrender your mind and let them tell you what's right or wrong, depending on their version of right or wrong.

Did you mean to say religion... or did you mean government, or did you maybe mean both.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
vote correctly! Jesus is watching you.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure that killing babies is not in line with Church doctrine.
So, of course they don't want people to end up in hell for voting for baby murderers.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I thought that was Santa?

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Maybe as a precaution if catholic's decide to vote for Hillary,perhaps they should tie a metal chain to their leg as they head into the polls,in case lightening strikes them

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
I'm pretty sure that killing babies is not in line with Church doctrine.
So, of course they don't want people to end up in hell for voting for baby murderers.

Unless they are the ones doing it... then all is well.

die babies!

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: network dude

I thought that was Santa?

they take turns. Wow. I thought everyone knew that. SMH.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Just in the interest of full context within the article:

In response, the Roman Catholic Diocese of San Diego condemned both pieces, saying the Church does not tell members how to vote in elections and emphasizing that those who vote for Democrats are not automatically damned.

“It’s not a mortal sin to vote for Democrats, number one. And number two, the church doesn’t take positions on this, and we’re not going to,” diocese spokesman Kevin Eckery told the Union-Tribune.

The diocese also said the Oct. 16 insert was not approved by the parish or any of its priests.

“For all I know someone thought that they were doing a service,” Eckery said. “The pastor said it was not something he had reviewed or approved.”

As for the Oct. 30 article, Eckery told the Union-Tribune it was unclear who wrote it and who gave the clearance for it to be printed in the bulletin.

www.miamiherald.com...

Peace.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

people REALLY ought to read the OP suorce before commenting :

theres the higlights - from a sane perspective :

The diocese also said the Oct. 16 insert was not approved by the parish or any of its priests.

“For all I know someone thought that they were doing a service,” Eckery said. “The pastor said it was not something he had reviewed or approved.”

As for the Oct. 30 article, Eckery told the Union-Tribune it was unclear who wrote it and who gave the clearance for it to be printed in the bulletin.

all it takes is one wingnut to add something like this - despite it not being church policy

catholic policy is deplorable - butr sensationalised bollox pilled on top does not help

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

nvm. This situation is being blown out of proportion. I have no comment now.
edit on 4-11-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Why let facts get in the way of a story...thanks for the context

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
As far as I'm concerned most dems and repubs treat their party like it's a religion...god forbid you say something negative about either or..

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

If you read the OP you will see the facts.

"Immaculate Conception Catholic Church’s weekly bulletin on Oct. 16, a flier told parishioners that “it is a mortal sin to vote Democrat,”

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Well that sucks

Im Catholic and I have voted Democrat the 2 times I have been able to thus far.. and will do so again.

Outside of 1 issue.. the Democratic positions on issues fall in line much closer to Jesus" teachings than the party endorsing a raping, vahina grabbing, nuclear bomb launching, Putin loving, psycopath

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
they must have updated the bible. not sure I remember reading the democrats go to hell clause.

Religion mixed with feeble minds either is a salvation, or a weapon.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

"There is a special place in hell for women that don't help each other."

Hmmm...where have I heard that?

edit-it was "help each other"

Madelelin Albright talking about why women should vote for hillary
edit on 4-11-2016 by Picklesneeze because: mistake

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

You might want to try reading more than just the headline of your own source. It says very clearly that the pastor of that church did not approve the insert. It was done without the consent of the church.

You are just spreading more garbage by posting this, especially with such a misleading title. This belongs in the LOL forum, at best.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

The "LOL" forum is reserved for negative things about hillary-to try to make her look like a saint.

(even after they are proven to be facts)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join