It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia says resumption of Syria peace talks delayed indefinitely

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu said on Tuesday a Western failure to rein in violent Islamists in Syria had indefinitely delayed the resumption of peace talks.

Shoigu said that rebels backed by Western governments had been attacking civilians in the Syrian city of Aleppo, despite a pause in Russian and Syrian air attacks.

"As a result, the prospects for the start of a negotiation process and the return to peaceful life in Syria are postponed for an indefinite period," Shoigu said.
SOURCE

According to some, the thread linked directly below represented the end of any need to follow the WW3 situation.

U.S., Russia attempt restart of efforts to quell Syria violence

Saturday, in Lausanne, Switzerland, the Obama administration will re-engage with Russia, as well as several other countries, in the hope of finding a way forward in Syria, now in its sixth year of a war that has left 500,000 people dead and 6.6 million internally displaced by the violence, according to the U.N.

In a wide-ranging interview with CBS News, Vitaly Churkin, Russia's U.N. ambassador and current president of the Security Council, said the sticking point in cease-fire negotiations is the U.S.'snability to separate the web of moderate opposition groups from terrorist organizations like Nusra Front, a former al Qaeda affiliate.
LINK

Some posters were saying that a decision to talk meant the end of the crisis. By that logic, a decision to delay peace talks indefinitely should be very troubling. It should be, but there's always a silver lining with some around here.

The turning point in my estimation was Russia's alliance with Iran concerning the Middle East.

Russian-Iranian Cooperation to Bring Peace, Stability to Middle East – Iran's FM

If you look at the news concerning Russia and its talk (and even actions) concerning its military and interests after that day as compared to before it, I think a big change is apparent. Iran is not a superpower, but a Russia/Iran alliance is an elephant in the room that no one seems to want to discuss.
edit on 1-11-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
As they absolutely should.

the US is making an absolute mockery of their efforts for peace negotiations.

The rebels (the US backs) are indiscriminately killing people, shelling schools and now using chemical weapons.

Russia asked the US to do one thing, separate the moderate rebels from the terrorists so the bad guys can be targeted and the US played dumb to the request.

screw the US and its rebels... kill every single person with a weapon in Aleppo and let god sort them out!

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

So what do you think is going to happen now?

Does the US loose the ME?

Is Iran/Russia going to pound the snot out of the US interests, like Saudi Arabia?

I'm curious on your thoughts.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
And you don't think that the U.S. arming various factions, which in some cases even hate each other, in the hope they will oust Assad, isn't a problem?

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

Hey, it might be nice if someone pounded the snot out of Saudi Arabia but I don't think that is on the cards. What business does the US have in the ME anyway? It would seem that the only 'business' they have at the moment is one of constant regime change and proxy wars. Not to mention the destruction wrought and untold thousands murdered through Libya and Iraq.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: midicon

Hey, it might be nice if someone pounded the snot out of Saudi Arabia but I don't think that is on the cards. What business does the US have in the ME anyway? It would seem that the only 'business' they have at the moment is one of constant regime change and proxy wars. Not to mention the destruction wrought and untold thousands murdered through Libya and Iraq.

Remember Kissinger, and the crew from that era?

Ever wonder how we got the petrodollar?

Certainly wasn't based off our oil exports.

IIRC, it was because WE set the deal up with the ME that, in exchange that oil ONLY be SOLD in $USD.

So, if Iran/Russia are planning on pounding on other countries, I think we see a match to spark some big time confrontation. Uncle Sam doesn't like when the USD is circumvented and Oil is traded in other currencies.

Thus, Libya an Iraq.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I think Russia will take care of Syria. If the West doesn't back down, we'll probably have a hot WW3.

“What we should do is focus on Isis. We should not be focusing on Syria,” said Trump as he dined on fried eggs and sausage at his Trump National Doral golf resort. “You’re going to end up in world war three over Syria if we listen to Hillary Clinton,” Trump said.
LINK

I think the U.S. presidential election may decide the future of the world.

Here's a potential game changer:

"On November 1, Turkey’s Chief of the General Staff Army General Hulusi Akar is going to visit Russia upon the invitation of Russia’s Chief of the General Staff Army General Valery Gerasimov to discuss bilateral military cooperation, exchange views and assess the situation in the region," the statement reads.
LINK

How about Russia having a military alliance with both Iran and Turkey? I wouldn't be surprised if Turkey is thinking that NATO/Europe could be the losing side of WW3, and they may want to be on the winning side. That's total speculation on my part. If Turkey could turn to Russia's side who else could do it? Could NATO actually end up splitting up over WW3? Could unexpected countries in Europe side with Russia?
edit on 1-11-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I don't see that Iran and Russia are preparing to pound anyone. I do agree though that the US is an incessant warmonger and that the USD is the main driver. Not the only one though. This from a nation that lauds itself as 'exceptional' and some sort of defender of freedom.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Russia isn't the one that gets up and walks out. Only children do that. This country is run by childish adults. They only talk peace when they are losing. The peace being a temporary cease fire so they resupply their terrorists.

The Russians will continue to aid the Syrians in dismantling the terrorists, all the terrorists. Why wants terrorists in their country, anyway?

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Good. No negotiation with terrorists, or those who support them. Just exterminate the self-proclaimed opposition.
edit on -050008am11kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

How about Russia having a military alliance with both Iran and Turkey?
That question is being answered daily as Turkey seems to be moving more in line with Russia and the Asian pivot .We are left wondering how Turkey is playing their cards in all of this but it seems the west does not want Turkey involved in the Mosul operation (strange) Syria and Russia are not saying much about what Turkey is doing in Syria at the moment as long as they stay away from Aleppo .

The west has a covert future plan to hack Syria/Iraq/Turkey/Iran up to create the new Kurdish state .The Kurdish state could bypass a lot of the political as well as the oil logistical issues with the pipe lines all the way down to Qatar and move oil and gas to Europe bypassing Russia . Turkey signed the new pipe line deal with Russia so it seems that Turkey is ok with that part . Turkey is not ok with a Kurdish state to its southern border . With a Kurdish state friendly with the west then The failed coup in Turkey was the straw for Turkey to turn back to Russia and look east to China .

The west has kind of been dicking them around long enough .NATO knew about the coup and actually helped .So it seems that things are moving away from the west for Turkey and they only have the eastern option which has better options and as a block will not be threatened by any regional power .

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
The turning point in my estimation was Russia's alliance with Iran concerning the Middle East.

According to the naive globalists, the turning point was Russia's intervention into Syria.

According to Luciferians who pull the strings of the blind public globalists and Isaiah 17:1, Russia walked right into a trap.

Now the world is ready to accept the programmed antiChrist through the birth pang cracks in the Vatican itself via the recent earthquakes.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
What's to negotiate? As Ohanka said, you do not negotiate with terrorists. The UN should demand the unconditional surrender of all terrorist combatants in Syria. They should place harsh sanctions on the countries that do not immediately cease support to these terrorist groups. The UN should offer all the support it can under its mandate to the Syrian government. This is the quickest route to peace and stability imho.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

"The west has a covert future plan to hack Syria/Iraq/Turkey/Iran up to create the new Kurdish state ."

It seems that the West is going to betray Kurds as many times before. The real intent is to carve Islamic states on those territories.

As for Russia-Turkey-Iran alliance, all three of them have a major issues of distrust towards each other.
Turkey is openly talking about renunciation of San Remo conference 1920, Erdogan said Turkey is either going to shrink or enlarge in the near future. Iran clearly want to annex southern Shiite part of Irak and Russia is coming to grasp that Syria can not be saved in the borders of 2011 with Assad.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I think this is a reaction to the UN blocking Russia from being on the board of the Human Rights Commission. Many nations voted to block based on their actions in Syria.
edit on 1-11-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Western propaganda pisses me off.

You have Russia supporting Syrian forces in Aleppo and they afe evil and dastardly.

Then you have Western forces supporting Iraqi forces in mosul and they ate brave and noble.

You cant make this # up.

# the USA, UK and Russia

new topics

top topics

join