It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huma Is “Mortified” By What May Be In The Emails. She's Considered A Threat By FBI

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
These people were drunk with power.

The had the whole government under their control.

IRS, FBI, DOJ, DNC and many many more.

I think they thought they were untouchable.

Wrong...

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Picklesneeze
a reply to: seasonal

Trusting a person with connections to the muslim brotherhood to be anywhere near top secret info is like trusting Jeffrey Dahmer to babysit your young boys.

There is no part of the clinton's campaign that doesn't involve some sort of lies or crime.

Do You mean Jeffrey Dahmer the golfer?

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
"mortified" my butt. She's only upset that she got caught and nothing else. Believe me, I'll bet you anything those emails don't reflect her horrible taste in wedding invitations and bridesmaid dresses.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

You're right. Occam's Razor.

I'm really just thinking of what I would have done.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
It is not actually that hard to copy an Outlook PST file. Simply open your outlook properties for the Outlook Mailbox you would like to access, get the file location, it should be somewhere in the %appdata% local or roaming profiles. Once the full path is known, close outlook to ensure no file handles are left open and then copy the file. If the file was not secured by either the Outlook 2003 Encrypted Compressible format or by using Windows User security (setting password protection on the file itself or by using bitlocker for the newer Outlook Versions) then this PST file is considered highly portable and high risk. Chances are though, if there was a password, she would have it anyhow so no need to worry about how secure it was.

Either way Outlook typically depends on Windows Identity for security and unless steps were taken to augment the security, Outlook out of the box is not going to yield satisfactory security for a scenario where a PST file is copied.

She could have also just exported all the email to a new PST and it would not be secure even if the original one was.

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: Jonjonj

originally posted by: Jonjonj

She may have had her phone synced to her accounts and to her laptop. Any access to her accounts from the phone would sync the email account to the laptop.

I am guessing she wasn't paying attention to the recent windows 10 roll out.

True, but that would be just her stuff. This is 650K. She may be prolific in email writing, but I doubt she could pull that many off.

And if she simply, by accident, hadn't turned off OneDrive?

EDIT: With the server selected as a save folder, obviously.

In which case there would be yet another copy in the cloud. But I think we're in danger of too much complexity here. The file was still on the laptop. It got onto the laptop, cloud or no cloud, somehow. It wasn't just because of a synched phone that kept a copy of her personal emails on her laptop, one that was apparently shared with Wiener. If I assume correctly, it's the entire server email file. And that points to intention. You would need an extremely complex series of events to claim the entire email file "accidentally" copied to the laptop with no human intervention. To me, that's beyond believable.

So if it were intentional, who did it? Huma? I see no evidence that she is at all tech savvy. It's one thing to be "computer literate" and be able to use a word processor and a spreadsheet and deem yourself an expert. It's quite another to understand the complexities of Windows and understand the file structure of a server architecture enough to know where that one "email file" resides. And it's yet another skill set to move a file like that from one computer to another. I'm thinking Huma does not have those skills, therefore EITHER she was taught, i.e.: Given precise directions on how to do it, or someone else did it for her. I'm mindful of the old adage never to attribute to malice what can easily be explained by stupidity, but I just don't see how 650K emails could have migrated to a laptop by accident or a "configuration error." That strains credulity.

The question remains, WHY was it moved there? If we here on ATS have reasoned this far, surely the FBI has reached the same conclusions. This ought to be interesting.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Since PRN was supplying PST files of emails to Clinton Executive Services Corp., there is no telling who has them now. I am betting these is the insurance files of HA.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: evc1shop

It is not actually that hard to copy an Outlook PST file. Simply open your outlook properties for the Outlook Mailbox you would like to access, get the file location, it should be somewhere in the %appdata% local or roaming profiles. Once the full path is known, close outlook to ensure no file handles are left open and then copy the file. If the file was not secured by either the Outlook 2003 Encrypted Compressible format or by using Windows User security (setting password protection on the file itself or by using bitlocker for the newer Outlook Versions) then this PST file is considered highly portable and high risk. Chances are though, if there was a password, she would have it anyhow so no need to worry about how secure it was.

Either way Outlook typically depends on Windows Identity for security and unless steps were taken to augment the security, Outlook out of the box is not going to yield satisfactory security for a scenario where a PST file is copied.

That seems a little, let's see what is the newest stupid way to say I don't know, oh ya- "out of my wheel house."

star any way
edit on 31-10-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

These people were drunk with power. The had the whole government under their control. IRS, FBI, DOJ, DNC and many many more. I think they thought they were untouchable. Wrong...

I think the Clinton's are a slippery lot, I will believe they are in deep do do when the prison door slams behind 'em.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

It is trivial, all you have to do is copy the entire /users directory in most cases. Add in program data and/or /program files, and you're done.

Look. I'm not going to argue with you except to say no, it's not at all "trivial" on an email server, which is not set up like a typical personal Windows PC. I was a sysadmin for 25 years and ran an ISP with 30,000 customers. I've been through the wringer on this stuff (and it wasn't pretty.) Someone either got precise directions to Huma or they themselves moved the file over, with or without her knowledge. I'm quite certain that's what SHE will say regardless. ("I don't know, officer, I've never seen that bag before.") How easy it got there is really irrelevant to the issue. We need to keep our eye on the prize here: WHY was that file on the laptop and how did it get there?

It could have been a CYA routine on part of a sysadmin, though that begs the question of why it was on Huma's laptop because if true that's a pretty stupid place to put it. It's out of your control. that's why I don't think that's what happened. Huma could have moved it to her own computer, or had it moved to her own computer, and if so, that means intention, so what was the intention? She SAID she kept no copies, so she either lied during the inquest or didn't know it was there. If she knew it was there it wasn't a CYA move on her part because she had already gone the other way. So that would mean she had it there for one reason only and that was to move it elsewhere.

Why would she want to move it elsewhere? That's where the agent angle gets interesting.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Combetta didn’t tell his Platte River colleagues that he had been transferring the old Clinton files to CESC until March 2015.

Her team had me do a bunch of exports and email filters and cleanup to provide a PST [personal storage file] of all of HRC’s emails to/from any .gov addresses,” Combetta wrote.

I still think PRN is the source. Makes the most sense.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

She SAID she kept no copies, so she either lied during the inquest or didn't know it was there. If she knew it was there it wasn't a CYA move on her part because she had already gone the other way.

Could all that be on her computer and her not know it?

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: evc1shop

Really? Can you imagine Huma reading what you just wrote and making sense about what you just said? This is a SERVER, mind you, not your local /user/name/stuff file you would find using Outlook as a client. It is probably a file from Microsoft Exchange Server. The SERVER contains ALL the emails of EVERYONE. Are you claiming all the email for everyone on a server is in a single PST file? 650k is the entire enchilada. So 1. I don't buy your 'easy' explanation, and 2. IT DOESN'T MATTER because THAT'S NOT THE ISSUE! The issue isn't so much how easily it got there, but what it is doing there. Eye on the prize.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

She SAID she kept no copies, so she either lied during the inquest or didn't know it was there. If she knew it was there it wasn't a CYA move on her part because she had already gone the other way.

Yes, anyone who has Outlook can find their PST file in their %appdata% folder. It may,or may not be there depending on whether they were configured to keep a local copy. In newer versions of Outlook the exchange client has a local storage (.pst) and an offline storage .ost file. Most folks don't know they exist but they are there if outlook was configured for it. There are many ways to configure Outlook so each configuration may be different.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Technically, yes. But that means someone else stuffed it there and it's not a smart place to stuff it because if it goes out of your control, you can't get it back. If I were in control or had access to that server and wanted to copy all the email to a safe place I would throw the files on a huge thumb drive and hide that drive. It is absolutely the safest most secure way for me to accomplish that. Huma's laptop could be anywhere at any time AND it would have to be available on the network long enough for someone to copy over the file without her knowing. So technically, yes, it's possible. It's just that it doesn't make sense--unless someone were trying to set up Huma. Otherwise it makes more sense that it was put on her laptop by herself or by someone at her behest.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I don't think she got it direct from the server end. I think her Outlook Exchange client was configured to store locally.

I am a software developer, I have clients including the Air Force, Navy, DHS and other LE divisions as well as corporate clients. I am very familiar with drawing a copy of the Exchange PST and manipulating them. I used to do it all the time when people were running into the 2Gig file size limit on their Windows XP and Vista boxes with Outlook 2010.

I have stitched and reindexed many of these files back together and know what is on a client's box.

The fact is, if you can consider that she was using an exchange client and not the actual server she could have exported or simply extracted the PST file. It can be even more damaging since it is an IMAP folder so it would have contact info, calendar meetings and agendas and so forth.

I will not argue with you regarding the effort to retrieve copies of the messages off of the Exchange store as that is an entirely different breed and I have been a sysadmin with Exchange 2000 - 2010 and know the struggles. I just happen to think she got then through the front door. Just pulled them into her local PC.

originally posted by: evc1shop

Really? Can you imagine Huma reading what you just wrote and making sense about what you just said? This is a SERVER, mind you, not your local /user/name/stuff file you would find using Outlook as a client. It is probably a file from Microsoft Exchange Server. The SERVER contains ALL the emails of EVERYONE. Are you claiming all the email for everyone on a server is in a single PST file? 650k is the entire enchilada. So 1. I don't buy your 'easy' explanation, and 2. IT DOESN'T MATTER because THAT'S NOT THE ISSUE! The issue isn't so much how easily it got there, but what it is doing there. Eye on the prize.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
My take: Maybe the FBI found some # on Huma, like over half a million emails, and saw a trail going to the Muslim Brotherhood, and they HAD to separate Huma from Hillary to stop the hemhorraging. The opening of another investigation and public announcement was the only way to do it.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Here is another twist.

If these emails are only her's, from her computer, maybe there is not only those of state, hillary foundation, campaign but many from contacts she was also interacting with outside the state department/Hillary positions.

If she is into some deals with groups and/or governments, there might be some incriminating information. Maybe that's the source of mortified.

It might be much deeper then first glance.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

I just posted a similar thought. Might go very deep.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Going back to the 650k emails, I was under the assumption that she was somehow in the cc or bcc list. Otherwise, you are correct it would be impossible to get all of the different email accounts in a single PST since the PST is tied to a single account. In any case. I sort of figured that HRC probably delegated all the actual work to Huma so she would have all of the emails.
That is still a possibility, right?

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

Great points Schuyler.

My money as to how the 650k emails got there is that it was done by the same tech that did the bleachbitting of the original illegal server

You mean like with a cloth?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join