It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Respect Poll Shows Near-Record-High Attitudes Toward Police

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Police respect is at a near-record high, according to a new poll, despite recent conflict between police officers and members of the community.

The Gallup poll, which was released on Monday, shows that 76 percent of adults said they have “a great deal” of respect for their local police, which is 12 points higher than where it was last year and just one point shy of the all-time high from the 1967 Gallup poll, CNN reported.

The poll also found that 17 percent of Americans said they have “some” respect for police, while 7 percent have “hardly any” respect for them, CNN noted.

The poll results come after more than two years of police encounters with unarmed African-Americans — caught on tape — which have sparked nationwide protests.

www.newsmax.com...

I am not sure how accurate this poll is as there is a lot of cop hate going on nationwide lately. I guess maybe people are waking up to the lies and realizing that the Police, overall, are just trying to do their jobs. I really don't care what the inner city element thinks because as recent incidents show, they care not what the truth is in the end.
edit on 27-10-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

The problem with the police is the enforcement of garbage laws. Like someone can barely afford to put food on the table and you hit them with a ticket for 125$ for something thats really not a crime like parking in the wrong spot on accident.

then there's the drug war which is a national disgrace.
edit on 27-10-2016 by Darkmadness because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   

I am not sure how accurate this poll is as there is a lot of cop hate going on nationwide lately.

I don't believe that. What there is, is a call for accountability to the public which they serve.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

I am not sure how accurate this poll is as there is a lot of cop hate going on nationwide lately. I guess maybe people are waking up to the lies and realizing that the Police, overall, are just trying to do their jobs. I really don't care what the inner city element thinks because as recent incidents show, they care not what the truth is in the end.

Cop hate as you relate it is more protest because some cops are out of line and getting away with it.

Waking up includes making them more accountable for misdeeds when they occur.

Glad you care about the "inner city elements", they care as much about you and 'your truth' too, I'm sure.

Fear of the police creates 'respect' and more 'hating' too.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
The BLM movement seems to have shot them selfs in the foot with the violent rhetoric against the police forces.
edit on 27-10-2016 by Nickn3 because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I am not sure how accurate this poll is as there is a lot of cop hate going on nationwide lately.

I don't question the results. There is a huge difference between being anti-police and being anti-police brutality. Studies have shown that most police brutality complaints are attributed to just a handful of officers within any department... and just a handful of the many many law enforcement agencies/departments across the nation have problems with regular police brutality complaints. In other words, in the grander picture, most police officers are awesome and are appreciated.

I guess maybe people are waking up to the lies and realizing that the Police, overall, are just trying to do their jobs.

I'd say the lie is that protesting police brutality equals hating all police.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Do you mean the rhetoric?

In any case, shooting themselves in the foot is almost as indefensible as shooting a fleeing man in the back! The problem with BLM is that there HAVE been some incidents which were worth protest, and some cases have not gone the correct way when bought to trial. Also, there ARE too many folks in jail who should not be, who happen to be African Americans.

However, to highlight the real problems their communities face, they would have needed to NEVER protest about an actual armed criminal being shot, no matter what, because armed criminals who refuse to disarm, need to be shot so that they pose zero risk to others, and that holds true no matter whether we are talking about an African American member of the baggy pants and no sense brigade, or a Caucasian male with a wife beater and a trucker cap on, full of shine and out of his mind.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Glad you care about the "inner city elements", they care as much about you and 'your truth' too, I'm sure.

They don't care, so why should I? Nothing that is done ever fixes anything. They simply will never get their act together it seems. When people "care" and start building some of these areas up, only to have them in shambles a year or two later, where is the hope then?

When these mothers start getting on camera, and apologizing to the victim, and admit their little angel is a demon thug, then I will listen to what they have to say. I promise. The only way for things to change is to go to the root problems.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit damn spell check, thank you.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

When these mothers start getting on camera, and apologizing to the victim, and admit their little angel is a demon thug, then I will listen to what they have to say. I promise. The only way for things to change is to go to the root problems.

Your notion every inner city is "thuggish" is just regurgitation of mass media memes. But like you said,

They don't care, so why should I? Nothing that is done ever fixes anything.

Thats a really shallow perspective. All thugs, don't care, cops killing them just 'doing their job'.

Thats a real piece of work, "moms should apologize" for 'inner city' problems. Gunning down un armed people in the street is the firkin problem, you are the apologist for that.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
The BLM movement seems to have shot them selfs in the foot with the violent rhetoric against the police forces.

Lol, "violent rhetoric", you mean insults are more harmful than bullets.

dozens of shots fired, body in morgue riddled with cop bullets. No violence there.

This is what happens when you call the cops... violent police content.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Your notion every inner city is "thuggish" is just regurgitation of mass media memes. But like you said,

They don't care, so why should I? Nothing that is done ever fixes anything.

Thats a really shallow perspective. All thugs, don't care, cops killing them just 'doing their job'.

Thats a real piece of work, "moms should apologize" for 'inner city' problems. Gunning down un armed people in the street is the firkin problem, you are the apologist for that.

In case you haven't heard the evidence from the "other side" of the story in these shootings, they are not just gunned down unarmed for NO REASON. There may be 1-2 questionable shootings, but by far and large they are justified. Even your bud Obama and his justice dept. can't seem to find fault either in the cases they investigate. So try again.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

"One or two", "not for NO REASON", yah right. I been right here, watched the last five years unfold before my eyes. There are multiple threads.

But thanks for the mind meld anyway. By the by, the 'music' video above includes most of the incidents that were discussed in depth right here. Needs updating, theres been a 'few' more since.

There may be 1-2 questionable shootings, but by far and large they are justified.

By the police.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Tell me which shooting of an unarmed man you feel was murder? The only case I saw that does not look good was the guy running away (Walter Scott). The rest of the unarmed shootings, the suspect was actively attacking. Did you hear about the White lady killed the other day in Syracuse NY? Yea the guy was unarmed, and he smashed her head open onto the concrete, killing her. Remind you of oh... Zimmerman? Too bad this lady was unarmed.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

The only way for things to change is to go to the root problems.

If that's true, then you will be very interested to read this:

Yes, there is systemic CHEMICAL violence committed against black people in America: Heavy metals, vaccines and chemotherapy (VIDEO)

In this video, shown below, I explain how both government and industry deliberately target black Americans for mass poisoning and profit exploitation. In this short interview, you'll learn some truly shocking facts about violence against African-Americans that are never discussed anywhere in the mainstream media.

Why bring all this into the conversation? As you know, I am strongly opposed to Black Lives Matter-inspired violence like we've seen with recent police shootings. Yet we cannot have a real conversation about the cycle of violence in our society unless we honestly confront all the vectors of violence being committed against African-Americans right now. Many of those vectors are invisible and silent, making it easy for the rest of the population to pretend they don't exist at all.

That's just to get started. From there you can check out for yourself, for example, the disgustingly high levels of lead in drinking water in inner cities and the well known and well documented effects of this lead on inner city children (including autism and violent tendencies)... And that's still just the tip of the iceberg! From there you would have to look at all that is NOT well known and well documented, such as the CDC whistleblower that claimed there was a strong correlation between autism and Black boys given the MMR vaccine prior to 36 months of age and how that information was trashed and kept from public knowledge...

Seek and ye shall find.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Tell me which shooting of an unarmed man you feel was murder?

Only one or two "suspicious" (excuse me, "questionable"), according to you. Which two?
edit on 27-10-2016 by intrptr because: ()

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Thats really interesting you bring that up. I just watched a Vice channel show last night on how the South African government used/ uses drug addiction as chemical warfare against the black communities to make people more 'compliant'.

This is right up that alley of population control by silent means. Warning explicit portrayal of drug abuse.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

The only way for things to change is to go to the root problems.

If that's true, then you will be very interested to read this:

Yes, there is systemic CHEMICAL violence committed against black people in America: Heavy metals, vaccines and chemotherapy (VIDEO)

In this video, shown below, I explain how both government and industry deliberately target black Americans for mass poisoning and profit exploitation. In this short interview, you'll learn some truly shocking facts about violence against African-Americans that are never discussed anywhere in the mainstream media.

Why bring all this into the conversation? As you know, I am strongly opposed to Black Lives Matter-inspired violence like we've seen with recent police shootings. Yet we cannot have a real conversation about the cycle of violence in our society unless we honestly confront all the vectors of violence being committed against African-Americans right now. Many of those vectors are invisible and silent, making it easy for the rest of the population to pretend they don't exist at all.

That's just to get started. From there you can check out for yourself, for example, the disgustingly high levels of lead in drinking water in inner cities and the well known and well documented effects of this lead on inner city children (including autism and violent tendencies)... And that's still just the tip of the iceberg! From there you would have to look at all that is NOT well known and well documented, such as the CDC whistleblower that claimed there was a strong correlation between autism and Black boys given the MMR vaccine prior to 36 months of age and how that information was trashed and kept from public knowledge...

Seek and ye shall find.

If there really are things like that going on then of course it should be addressed and investigated. I know our Gov has tested things on all of us, our troops as well. We are all cattle to them. Violence, especially towards whites, was very prevalent even in my dad's days in the 60's and 70's, so unless they were spiking the water back then also, it still doesn't explain everything.

There are Whites who live in these areas as well, and should be poisoned as well, but I do not see them attacking people in droves. I believe there is much more to it than just that.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Tell me which shooting of an unarmed man you feel was murder?

Only one or two "suspicious" (excuse me, "questionable"), according to you. Which two?

I can only think of the one actually. I would guess there are more but I am talking about ones in which we have the clear facts from both sides.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Law enforcement in the US is not the problem.

The occasional over use of force is a symptom of the real problem.

It is good to see that a majority of Americans understand this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join