It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OVNIs in Spain: MoD Files 1962-1995

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   
OVNIs in Spain: MoD Files 1962-1995

The Spanish Ministry of Defence has posted 80 case files (1900 pages) of OVNI-UFO (Objeto Volador No Identificado - Un-Identified Flying Object) sightings on its website.

On the "El PaĆ­s" website you can browse the cases by province on an interactive map or through a list.

The "El Mundo" website gives short descriptions of some selected cases. ATS may be especially interested in case 780720, July 20th, 1978, where 3 soldiers report a slow flying triangle (diamond?), no noise and white lights at each of the vertices. A triangle sighting in an interesting timeframe...

Among many other newspapers (Google Search: OVNI ministerio de defensa), it is also reported by the "Huffington Post".

At the time of writing, the link to the MoD Virtual Library page covering the cases was not working.

The pages are in Spanish, although the Google Chrome translate function (right click on any of the pages and choose 'translate') does a decent job translating it into English.

Translating the PDF files will be a bit trickier, but the free PDF tool "Okular" can extract text, which later on you can run through a translator.

That's all for now; as I didn't see the subject being raised on ATS, thought I'd draw your attention to it / post it here for the sake of the completeness of the ATS files.

If you experience trouble translating any part (within reasonable limits...), let me know.

When the MoD page becomes available again, I'll try to highlight some of the more interesting cases.

Cheers!

(PS I'm mostly a weekend ATS-er, so please don't get upset if I don't reply immediately
)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Thanks for the news, I will take a look!

PS: anyone needing a translation can take a look at ATS' UFO-Alien Applied Linguistics Registry and contact a member that has volunteered to do translations.

join