It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone Is Learning How to Take Down the Internet

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

US elections are not done over the internet.

You can register to vote online.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

But don't tell that to Clinton or Obama, who, in all likelihood, would blame Putin if Walmart ran out of tp.

heheheh...good one

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I was away for a while and I gather no one has taken responsibility for the outages. ?? If this is a test to test the strength of the domain servers then I can't see anyone owning up. Is it possibly a U.S. pre-test/practice run which will then be carried out as cyber warfare on let's say... Russia? Like Biden said?

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Staroth

Pretty sure the registration deadlines are all passed.

Never mind. Some states are still open.

edit on 10/21/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Hmmmm, yesterday, or the day beforøe, sorry, my memory not good (blame my brain tumors) , the USA promised retaliatory cyber attacks against Russia... maybe this is countrr-retaliatory attacks?

For anybody in the know, there used to be ECM (electronic Countermeasures) that was followed up by ECCM (electronic Counter Counter measures) and then ECCCM! And so on....

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
You dumbasses, it's our own NSA. They are trying to figure out how to blackout the internet when something is going on in the world that they don't want us to see or know or discuss.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Time to dust off my shortwave radio.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: gernblan

Or become a frequent user of TOR.

There are news sites and such that operate without ABC agencies bothering them, you can even submit news tips and such to major news publications via TOR.

When the internet is disturbed, don't forget, it's not the only one...

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Totally with you. Where I live nowadays the cell-network up here has been taken aout a few times by avelanches, and evertime there is chaos in the emergency services until the cellphone network is restored.... my reaction on that is, duhhhhh.... so why the f**k did you get rid of the HF backbone. Years ago I worked a company designing HF stuff, and everybody laughed at us working in that field, saying "why do you waste your time on an obsolete technolgy?", until the tsunami hit SE Asia in 2004... our obsolete equipment was the onliest way of getting info out.... since then, HF has had a big come-back in many .countries, but the "advanced" countries still rely on their satcoms or GSM networks that totally rely on an intact infrastructure.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tranceopticalinclined

There are news sites and such that operate without ABC agencies bothering them, you can even submit news tips and such to major news publications via TOR.

Are you claiming that tor packets doesn't travel on the internet? Many use tor to visit the
sites that everyone uses. tor doesn't have it's own internet infrastructure.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Of course not, merely that one has many more channels to operate within than they might think when something like this happens.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Of course not, merely that one has many more channels to operate within than they might think when something like this happens.

I see you point. Plenty of other news sites but some can't live with certain social media.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Maybe its skynet!

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
It can't always just be "for the lolz". The internet is a new frontier for warfare and control of information. Given it is used to control some much infrastructure, it's a logical place to attack the infrastructure.

We are lucky we haven't seen cyber warfare yet because it would be crippling. But the internet is definitely a juicy target for a foreign government to take down if they knew how. And apparently, they are learning how.

If we ever go to war with Russia, we might see cyber warfare. China or Russia might release some attacks under cover.
edit on 21pmFri, 21 Oct 2016 21:33:03 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

You dumbasses, it's our own NSA. They are trying to figure out how to blackout the internet when something is going on in the world that they don't want us to see or know or discuss.

I totally agree. Most of these sites are 'owned'. They just kept it random for the time being, facecrap could have been included on that list.

This is merely a test of shutdown possibilities. Before this they had to incorporate whole grid blackouts, in the new scenario they need as much normalcy as possible yet with limited information on world/local events. The recent frequency of television alerts make sense now. The conversion from net to tv is more easily controlled. It is easier to control a media via 2 or 3 cable companies vs millions of websites.

The day that paycheques can't be cashed, printed and distributed is one of the days to begin worrying about. There are a lot of people living cheque to cheque that will be angry.........and HUNGRY.

edit on 21-10-2016 by dianashay because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

US elections are not done over the internet.

Of course they aren’t. But information about them is disseminated over the Web. And I imagine a lot of administrative and counting processes involve the transfer of data over the internet.

Information is also disseminated over the broadcast media, principally television. And, of course, local news providers get their national news from the big networks.

I’m no conspiracy theorist, as well you know, but there is a disturbing pattern here. I am sure the same thought, paranoid though it be, has also entered the minds of decision-makers in the defence establishment.

You know, the attackers don’t have to prevent or even significantly disrupt the elections. All they need is to create sufficient FUD to justify Trump claiming electoral hanky-panky and refusing to accept the result. America will do the rest.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Perhaps its a practice for an inside job, an internet 911. Its been a while since we you had another false flag attack, taking out americas internet and blaming it on russia would surley bring about ww3.a reply to: roadgravel

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Are you claiming that tor packets doesn't travel on the internet? Many use tor to visit the
sites that everyone uses. tor doesn't have it's own internet infrastructure.

Yes, the internet is much bigger than just the web. Of course. And we don't really need DNS servers if we want to go straight to IP addresses. You're also correct that the Onion Network would probably run just fine even if DNS were totally down.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join