It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Circle Missing in AR Thunderstorm

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   
As I was going in to work this evening I noticed large billowing clouds being back-lit by lightning in the distance, maybe an hour away. I anticipated a decent storm, Arkansas is known for heavy rain and thunderstorms. It appeared to be coming straight for us.

But then it didn't rain. That's not too unusual because the bend in the river valley deflects a lot of storms around us... But then I looked at the radar:
imgur.com...
imgur.com...
Sorry about the imgur links, it won't let me embed pics even though I've turned off ad-blockers for ATS. I don't know what I'm doing wrong there.

There's an extremely large military base, Fort Chaffee, that is near the center of that circle. I'd brush it off as a radar anomaly but being here- it didn't rain. Thoughts?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Comp0sMentis

Why are your images from a map making application and not a radar site?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Because the weather app uses their map making app.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Very neat. Email their weather guy and see how he replies.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   
That I'd the location of thr dopler radar and it can't see directly above it. It's set to see thr storm at a particular distance and hieght. The angle it's set at dosent hit the storm until clouds at a higher altitude until it's a couple of miles from tthe location. Leaving that circle you see thr storms there to radar just can't see it.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I would think the same but this hasn't happened and it didn't rain until minutes ago. It was an accurate account of the weather, I've asked friends all over town.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   

@WPXIScott Scott Harbaugh is the weather guy in Pittsburgh. It's 3:10am here. But if you ask him around 9 am est, he will most likely will answer your questions. Show him those pics you have.

Scott always answers my questions and he loves his twitter. If you don't do twitter the look for him at,

www.wpxi.com...

He also has Facebook.

I'm thinking a glitch in the radar station. In the circle should be the pinpoint of the radar station.
😊

edit on 20-10-2016 by Bigburgh because: SPELLING🤗

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Except friends outside the circle reported rain while friends inside the circle (myself included) said it wasn't during this time period. Sure it's anecdotal evidence but I don't care if you believe me or not. It happened.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   
The weather reports out of Springfield Mo are showing the same circle.

www.ky3.com

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Never said i didn't believe you. I gave a star snd flag. Was weeding out the possibility of the obvious first.
What you describe is an Eye of the Hurricane effect.
So now I'm going to go look into Fort Chaffee.🤗

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Well, the rain did eventually get here lol

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Comp0sMentis
a reply to: Bigburgh

Except friends outside the circle reported rain while friends inside the circle (myself included) said it wasn't during this time period. Sure it's anecdotal evidence but I don't care if you believe me or not. It happened.

Must have looked impressive from the ground. Anyone get any photos?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I can't imagine the power it would take to stave off a small weather system, but I guess it's possible.

There is a Weather Radar station located there. KSRX. It could be a blank cone around the radar tower.

radar.weather.gov...

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
A friend just sent me this saying " The sky was solid white with cloud cover and there was a huge brown cloud above the house raining these jellies down." imgur.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Found it. 35.2906, -94.3617

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

She didn't think to take a picture of the cloud instead of fuzzies on fabric?
edit on 20-10-2016 by Atsbhct because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Write it off as a radar anomaly if you want, but multiple first hand accounts from all over the region have said that the clouds went completely around them in an unusual manner. Time to go clean the pub, cheers

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

She said in another message that they looked and felt like eye boogers and were falling from the sky

top topics

<<   2 >>

join