It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump's Unpatriotic Campaign

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Absolutely Trump and his supporters are unpatriotic and hate America. Clearly they don't understand the ideas on which the country was founded. Fortunately, once Hillary is elected, we'll no longer have to be concerned with that blowhard anti-American knucklehead.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

but Hilary and the Saudis...

it doesnt matter who wins. dont expect to see America go spread 'democracy' in a 3rd world country without opposition anymore. this election cycle is on a world stage, and we're not performing too well.

Exactly the message the Kremlin is trying to deliver. Liberal democracy is a sham.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: FuggleHop

Absolutely Trump and his supporters are unpatriotic and hate America. Clearly they don't understand the ideas on which the country was founded. Fortunately, once Hillary is elected, we'll no longer have to be concerned with that blowhard anti-American knucklehead.

On the contrary; now that he has tasted mass adulation, he will either found a radical new political party or become a charismatic preacher. Or both.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
This wanting civil war will not stop after the election.

"If she’s in office, I hope we can start a coup. She should be in prison or shot. That’s how I feel about it,” Dan Bowman, a 50-year-old contractor, said of Hillary Clinton, the Democratic nominee. “We’re going to have a revolution and take them out of office if that’s what it takes. There’s going to be a lot of bloodshed. But that’s what it’s going to take. . . . I would do whatever I can for my country.”

He then placed a Trump mask on his face and posed for pictures.

source

a conservative speaks up

Fergus Cullen, former chairman of the New Hampshire GOP, said it was an incredibly important moment in 2000 when Democrat Al Gore gave a speech saying he accepted the results of the Supreme Court decision to award the majority of electoral votes and presidential victory to George W. Bush.

“Had he not done that, or done so halfheartedly, or even suggested that he’d been robbed, or otherwise tried to delegitimize the results, it would have been a huge blow to our democratic process,” Cullen said.

Cullen expects Trump’s warnings about a rigged election to get even uglier in coming weeks, and he fears they will incite violence if Trump loses.

“That’s really scary,” Cullen said, recounting the violence at Trump rallies around the country leading up to the Republican National Convention. “In this country, we’ve always had recriminations after one side loses. But we haven’t had riots. We haven’t had mobs that act out with violence against supporters of the other side.’’

but a Trump follower says this

“All I know is our country is not going to be a country anymore,” she added. “I’ve heard people talk about a revolution. I’ve heard people talk about separation of states. I don’t even like to think about it. But I don’t think this movement is going away. We don’t have a voice anymore, and Donald Trump is giving us a voice.”

A voice to destroy America.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Reagan used the same slogan, iirc

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

It's my interpretation of US history that the Founding Fathers wished for all citizens to exercise the common-value philosophies of ethics, personal growth, tolerance, education, diversity, philanthropy, family & community.

Welllll... not all of them. For almost all white men (except those who were mentally unfit or in debt or indentured servants, etc.)

It certainly wasn't true for women (who fought for the next 200 years to be able to vote.) Women at the time were generally seen as creatures of less intelligence, suitable only for breeding and child care and simple tasks around the home. They were not seen as worthy of being educated.

Blacks were excluded from the voting process, as were Native Americans and slavery was permissible until removed by amendments.

And torture as punishment was allowable until removed by constitutional amendment in 1791.

Tolerance and diversity was a touchy issue. During the first wave of immigration, practically anyone could be a citizen by just moving here and declaring themselves a citizen until 1868 (which is how my German great-great-great-great grandfather became a citizen.) Generally those able to move to America were tradesmen and merchants and others with some sort of financial stability (I learned this doing genealogy, by the way. Quite fascinating.) They also tended to be Protestant, similar to the founders.

But the SECOND wave of immigrants - Irish fleeing the famines, Scots displaced by landlords who wanted their property to run sheep - were poor... in fact, the landlords would form associations and ship these impoverished farmers to America on ships that were ... basically kind of living death sentences for many of them. They were also Catholic, and America did not welcome them in spite of the sentiments on the Statue of Liberty. And that's where the citizenship amendment arose.

Things have changed.

Our founding fathers were wise but society changed (they knew it would) and left a living document (as Jefferson called it) which could be changed and amended to allow the same kinds of liberties and justice that those who wrote the Constitution enjoyed.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: FuggleHop

On the contrary; now that he has tasted mass adulation, he will either found a radical new political party or become a charismatic preacher. Or both.

That's what I'm afraid of.

His brand is not doing well; his properties are losing traffic and a lot of companies (Macy's, for instance) are no longer doing business with him. He's been sucking off money from the Republican Party, but I think he's going to find that this campaign was an expensive loss.

Howard Stern will still want him on the show, but that's just the occasional gig. His wife and daughter still have viable businesses (though there are stories that both have the same kind of predatory behavior (not paying bills) that Donald has.) I don't think he has the vision to be able to form a coherent political party and at some point he's going to turn out to be less entertaining for most folks (if, say, for instance, Ron Paul or Rand Paul fires up the Ron Paul brand).

And it's pretty clear that he hasn't really read the Bible. Not that this has stopped anyone from preaching, mind you, but...

I would like to see a new party form - one with some decent leadership and that can gain ground in the Senate and House (something that only the Tea Party has managed).

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Nice country you got here. Shame if something should happen to it.

“Make America great again.” Donald Trump’s campaign slogan implies its critique. Isn’t America great already?

Apparently not.

Not anymore, and Trump knows that. The fact is, America is not great anymore, with a dying economy, job growth at stagnation & more jobs going overseas, the lost of our industries, millions of professionals foreigners coming to America on work visas that is forcing Americans out of the work force.

Cost of living continues to raise while wages are stagnating, healthcare: Obama Care is unaffordable and premiums going up yearly.

The fact is, very few Americans are living the American dreams, small business are dying, shopping Malls are empty around the county, and the list goes on.

In recent days, though, Trump’s distaste for America has come clearer. His frontal assault on the basic legitimacy of the country’s presidential election is more than a rationalization — it’s a tell, a revealed preference, a window into how little regard Trump has for the country he seeks to lead.

That is BS, this is nothing more than a way to demonize Trump by quoting someone's "opinions." I call it Yellow Journalism.

What, do some of you think Hillary going to make America great again? No she will not, she will hand over what is left of our sovereignty to the NWO, the Globalist as Obama has already.
edit on 17-10-2016 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
I would like to see a new party form - one with some decent leadership and that can gain ground in the Senate and House (something that only the Tea Party has managed).

I hear ya. The original "Tea Party" was Ron Paul's idea. The Tea Party as we know it came about after Rick Santelli's rant on tv. Dick Armey and astroturf Freedomworks then promoted it, and the GOP subsumed it into the Republican Party. Rupert Murdoch and the Koch brothers bankrolled the movement. The Tea Party became water carriers for the increasingly far right (Koch) ideology of the Republican Party.

The Democratic Party has not subsumed a movement. While Bernie Sanders made sure his progressive ideas made it into the DP platform, the Bernie Revolution group has not (yet) been subsumed by the party but remains outside of the party to elect Democrats to office and promote a Bernie Revolution. Once candidates backed by the Bernie Revolution enter Congress, I'll bet at that point they would join the already established Congressional Progressive Caucus.

my 2c worth of data ran out

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Sublimecraft

The DNC shafting Bernie Sanders reigns supreme as the mother of all unpatriotic campaigns I've ever witnessed.

Have you forgotten how the RNC shafted Ron Paul?

Chaos on the Convention Floor as RNC Blocks Ron Paul Delegates, Alters Seating Rules

How easily we forget how the establishment refuses to allow anti-establishment into the fray. Trump isn't anti-establishment. Clinton wanted to face him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join