It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colliding universes,freezing your location, does every atom have a coordinate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Basically here it is::

that the universe is expanding and it's going further and further out. As it goes it's basically like a blank canvas . Think of it like a water drop on a piece of toilet paper it will slowly seap out further and further around it.

Our universe has certain laws of physics such as Freezing temperature of water, speed of light, heat temperatures , basically just its own "universal laws" well when we expand we change whatever the blank canvas was before. So if another universe has different laws of physics and "IF" we ever collided which wouldn't happen, but never say never. Those laws could be water freezes at 80 Fahreinheit , gravity pushes outwards not pulls. Speed of light is 500miles a second, it would get really sci-fi right there.

Coordinates of all objects in the universe.
So let's say every atom has a X,Y coordinate is there anyway of figuring this out? Would bring more theory to the world being a simulation and possibly collecting data from parts of the universe 50Billion light years away if you could start to edit X,Y coordinates of small objects to travel vast distances. (Probes)

Another thing I've had on my mind.
They say we are traveling at about 300,000 miles a second through space with obviously our sun,Galaxy all around us so we stick with this galaxy.
If we are traveling through space at such a high speed is there anyway to make a Gravity Spike into the universe to just completely "lock you in" to where you are.
So basically it's like falling down a steep mountain then you just spike yourself into the side. While everything that was falling with you continues down.
Would be crazy to be able to freeze your location/gravity spike Or coordinate lock. It's on my mind I hope this information got out clearly

Tldr some you may say but it's always good to release questions/collide knowledge/give & take inputs from anyone regardless whom they are.
edit on 16-10-2016 by Zeimten because: No reason

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Zeimten

Interesting thoughts.

I have grappled with the expanding universe principle philosophically for years.

How can the universe expand? What is it expanding into? The answer it is just expanding seems to dismiss the philosphical question. What is the expansion really? Is it just galaxies moving away feom each other? What is space without matter?

First something cant expand without room. If there is "room" for the expansion isn't that "room" something? Time and space need somewhere to "go". What is that?

As far as xyz coordinates that is too literal. In the quantum world there is no definate place (double slot). There is even entaglment and virtual particles that seem to appear out of nowhere even in a vacuum

Maybe there is a code but we are very far away from an understanding of that.
edit on 16-10-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

How can the universe expand?

Negative pressure caused by dark energy.

What is it expanding into?

Answer depends on whether the universe is infinite or a closed bubble. Neither answer is intuitive.

What is the expansion really? Is it just galaxies moving away feom each other?

It's the actual expansion of space, the galaxies only seem to be moving away from each other because space is expanding and pushing them apart.
edit on 17/10/2016 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I thought that was the mystery with quantum stuff. That the smaller particles could not be contained

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   
No matter where you are in the universe, you are at the center of expansion relative to you. Everything moves away from everything else. The horizon of this creep into the void is the difference between nothing and something. There is no way to observe the nothing because time and space do not exist there yet. The nothing is not a space, nor does it have dimension or volume. Seen in this way, the universe is not expanding, it is creating.

Just trying to make sense out of something we know absolutely nothing about.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Also earth is not traveling 300,000 m/s through space of it were it would not be in the same place when Apollo astronauts returned from the moon.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ssenerawa

Also earth is not traveling 300,000 m/s through space of it were it would not be in the same place when Apollo astronauts returned from the moon.

It wasn't. Nor was the Moon.
But since the relative motion of all were more or less the same, they all ended up in the same places. But not at the same time.

edit on 10/17/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ssenerawa

It could be traveling a trillion m/s, but relative to something in the far reaches of the universe. Everything else in the vicinity would have that same speed and vector, relative to wherever that something was, so for all practical purposes, other than influences of local gravity.... It ls like tossing a ball back and forth between 2 people in a car traveling a constant 60 miles an hour. The ball appears to have only the moment, inertia and kinetic energy relative to the 2 players.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv
So not all space is expanding?
If it is...will there ever be a point where space between the earth and moon is so great it overrides the gravitational lock between the 2?

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Zeimten

The universe isn't expanding so much as new space is being created. Let me see if this will help let's say I place down to objects one meter apart. Now instead of moving thr object I create space between the two. So I go back knowing they haven't moved but my ruler would now be 1 meter and 1 centimeter apart. Measuring between the two it looks like they moved. But now we do thr same thing with 4 objects. I place the first two 1 centimeter apart than place the third 1 meter away and the forth 1 centimeter apart in a straight line. Again we create space and measure. So first two one centimeter were good. We measure between two and three and 1 meter 1 centimeter and we measure between 3 and 4 one centimeter.

So in the hypothetical depending on where we measure depends on if we see a change. Now say I added two more objects 1 centimeter away from 1 2 and do the same for 3 and 4. But to the right instead of in line. Now when I do the same if I measure the three on the end they will always be in the same place not until I measure thr distance between my two groups would I even notice something has changed. Everything in the universe is early where it was when thr universe was created from milliseconds after to now. What happened is the space between things expanded. As for thr universe it doesn't expand its infinite it was from the very begining. You can't make infinite bigger.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
A question: How fast is the moon "falling" towards Earth, how many MPH? This came up while looking at the moon a couple of nights ago, because although it looks stationary and turns with the Earth it of course is moving, falling, towards the Earth as the Earth moves.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

I get all that but what is beyond the universe if it is everything? If it is an expanding bubble what is the bubble expanding into another reality?

I just have trouble understanding how a universe could expand physically if it is everything already. Or what it is expanding into. It seems more plausible we just dont understand and our limit of observation has given us a lazy explaination.

I am a philosopher though my physics knowledge is limited other than cosmological philosophy and a laymans interest. My brother is a physicist so I suppose if I were to understand it I would have already.

edit on 17-10-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
So a gravity spike into the frabric of space is not possible? To freeze your location entirely your not moving any direction

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

It's falling around the Earth.
That's what an orbit is. Another way to look at it, it's falling toward Earth but is constantly missing.

edit on 10/17/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Relative to SOMETHING the earth is traveling the speed of light, and we all have infinite mass and are living life backwards in time.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

Actually the Moon is drifting away at 3.8 cm per year.

top topics

join