It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A study done on the phenomena called Mandela effect

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Op3nM1nd3d

Much of the survery is just flat out wrong. Example, in the study "In the movie the Return of the Jedi, the line is Luke, I am your father" One I just watched the line in the Empire Strikes Back, and it is No, I am your father.

This one is so easy, that if this level of quality is throughout the study, its a waste of time.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I think it's an interesting topic though I find it interesting mostly because people believe in it and seem determined to find examples of it even in instances where there are clearly more logical explanations.

Without being facetious---if there were examples of many people who had memories of (just one random example) Tennessee being named Franklin last year I would give the idea more credence.

With it just being (for the most part) recall of decades old pop culture references it seems like faulty memory or misperception is the most obvious answer.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel
I think it's an interesting topic though I find it interesting mostly because people believe in it and seem determined to find examples of it even in instances where there are clearly more logical explanations.

Without being facetious---if there were examples of many people who had memories of (just one random example) Tennessee being named Franklin last year I would give the idea more credence.

With it just being (for the most part) recall of decades old pop culture references it seems like faulty memory or misperception is the most obvious answer.

I for one have no desire to try and change your mind, nor do I think it is necessary to change your mind. I only ask you consider others perceptions and experiences may differ, and to not try and apply yours onto theirs. I think that is the biggest mistake made on both "sides" of the discussion.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: richapau

Much of the survery is just flat out wrong. Example, in the study "In the movie the Return of the Jedi, the line is Luke, I am your father" One I just watched the line in the Empire Strikes Back, and it is No, I am your father.

This one is so easy, that if this level of quality is throughout the study, its a waste of time.

I don't mean to be rude, but that is quite funny. I think you might be missing part of the conversation that is taking place. I suggest that if you really want to try and understand, you go back to the beginning. And I don't just mean of this thread or that video. There is plenty of information on ATS alone that would explain why I am suggesting this.

If you don't care to understand, that's fine too.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: richapau

I don't mean to be rude, but that is quite funny. I think you might be missing part of the conversation that is taking place. I suggest that if you really want to try and understand, you go back to the beginning. And I don't just mean of this thread or that video. There is plenty of information on ATS alone that would explain why I am suggesting this.

If you don't care to understand, that's fine too.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   
This is my take on actors. Just because they act a certain movie scene a certain way doesn't mean it gets edited into something different in post production.

It be neat to take a group of actors to have them act out a movie plot then edit their work into something totally different movie. Maybe an acted film romance that ends tragically edited into a creepy thriller.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: richapau

lol, that`s exactly the problem here. It should have said Luke, according to many, including Darth Vader himself, it seems. I for one remember No, I am your father but remember parodies having that line.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

This one might interest you

Again, I cannot comment because I`m not from there but I have read some of the comments and it seems (apart from ludicrous ones) that some people remember the same thing, of the hotel not being there. Whether or not they are lying or seeking attention, I don`t know.

EDIT to add:

Looks like the guy has called the manager of that hotel...lol

edit on 20-10-2016 by Op3nM1nd3d because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

So there are no records of plans, contracts, or material purchasing in this dimension? Building inspections? Taxes?
edit on 21-10-2016 by neutronflux because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

This is interesting
en.wikipedia.org...;Gate

Steins;Gate (Bernstein)?
Such a coincidence

is a Japanese science-fiction visual novel developed by 5pb. and Nitroplus. It is the second game in the two companies' Science Adventure series following Chaos;Head. The story follows a group of students as they discover and develop technology that gives them the means to change the past. The gameplay in Steins;Gate follows non-linear plot lines which offer branching scenarios with courses of interaction.

The notion of time and time traveling are the main themes of the game.[21][23] The concept of cause and effect is featured prominently in the game as the protagonist travels back in time numerous times to perform different actions in an attempt to alter what has happened in the future.[23]

Main characters[edit]
Rintarō Okabe

kabe is an eccentric individual, a self-proclaimed mad scientist who often goes by the pseudonym Kyōma Hōōin (鳳凰院 凶真 Hōōin Kyōma?).[21] Mayuri and Daru call him "Okarin" (オカリン?), a portmanteau of his surname and given name. He is the founder of what he calls the "Future Gadget Laboratory" (未来ガジェット研究所 Mirai Gajetto Kenkyūjo?) in Akihabara, where he spends most of his time, and has dubbed himself Lab Member No. 001 (as he is the first person to join). Okabe gives off the appearance of being delusional and paranoid, frequently referring to the "Organization" that is after him, talking to himself on his phone, and engaging in fits of maniacal laughter. Most of the time he takes on a fairly arrogant personality. He is usually seen wearing a lab coat. As he experiments with time travel, he learns that he is the only one who possesses the ability to determine changes between different timelines, which he dubs "Reading Steiner". He is 18 years old and a first-year student at Tokyo Denki University.[24]

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

People directly involved in these things are somehow immune to the Mandela Effects.

Mr Berenstain doesn't remember Berenstein. South Africans don't think Mandela died in jail.

Now you might say that any theory that states the more information you have the less likely you are to understand "reality" is stupid. I say that too.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Saying "Well Mr. Berenstein doesn't remember his name changing, SA don't remember the alternate version of reality" just shows you don't really understand the topic for discussion.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

Would you be able to clarify the topic for discussion then. As we've discussed before I think it's a dangerous mindset, and while there are various possible reasons put forward to explain why we think certain things. The only consistent ones focus on how our mind works.

Just like now, in the 30's Mr Berenstain had people that were convinced he couldn't spell his name right.

I'm yet to see a person believing the Mandela Effect to be anything more than psychological phenomena address this.
How would that fit into your understanding?

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I have clarified so many times I don't possibly know what I could say that could make you understand if you haven't already.

I don't think you want to understand anyway, it seems to me you are happy with your position. I am not sure why I even continue to comment on this particular conversation. Just habit I suppose.

I don't have the answer you are looking for, it's not a question that I think is pertinent nor worth my time or effort to answer anyway, because I feel confident no matter what that answer is you won't find it sufficient.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

this thought occurred to me the other day...

the original hebrew old testament is unedited for thousands of years.... test the mandella effect using the OT and you will see that it is not real.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

How do you propose that test is done? Why do you presume an absence of evidence with a single data point is evidence of absence?

And again, the Mandela Effect is real whether you can grasp it or not. The only thing up for debate is the cause. To say the effect is not happening is ignorance at best, dishonesty at worst.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

No it isn't but human memory being wrong is.
If you can not accept that your memory is fallable you need to study memory more.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

Oh brother. You didn't understand what I said at all.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve

I have clarified so many times I don't possibly know what I could say that could make you understand if you haven't already.

I do understand, you like the idea of being special and you don't like theories that threaten your pointless superpowers.

There's a reason why the Mandela Effect only applies to superfluous information.

I only ask for honesty, which you gave when you said you don't have the answer. Let's just ignore that after that you said you didn't think it was pertinent or worth your time as that seems equivalent to "I can answer, I just don't want to".

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Kahreef I have never once said anything remotely similar to experiencers having super powers or that I or anyone else is special.

I'm sorry you are treating our conversations like I am some punk. I don't understand why you can't take my words as my position instead of making these baseless assumptions.

If you see my unwillingness to rehash answers I have already given as somehow ducking the question there isn't anything further to discuss apparently.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join