It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pokemon go responsible for future healthcare crisis!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Old useless nerds clogging up the hospitals.

A new study from Microsoft Research found that the most interested Pokemon Go players took 26% more steps than before using the app. The largest behavior changes were seen among sedentary users. No matter their gender, age, weight or lifestyle, Pokemon Go users began to move more -- taking an extra 194 steps a day once they started using the app. (That's the equivalent of walking roughly one tenth of a mile.)

The researchers estimate that Pokemon Go has added 144 billion steps to U.S. physical activity. That's 143 roundtrips to the moon. The study was published online this month in the Cornell Library University. Since activity reduces mortality risks, the researchers estimated that Pokemon Go could add 2.83 million years to the life expectancy of an assumed 25 million U.S. users. Based off research that showed walking reduces mortality, the researchers calculated that Pokemon Go users who continued to walk an extra 1,000 steps a day would enjoy 41.4 days of additional life expectancy.

www.azfamily.com...

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
IMPORTANT: New (old) Standards Are Being Enforced (again) For New Threads
edit on Wed Oct 12 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed Oct 12 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: tags and source

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
So where's the crisis?

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: subject x
So where's the crisis?

Our economy is already stresses by supporting all the dying but not dead baby boomers... I imagine complete economic collapse when the "Nerd phenomenon" reaches critical mass. This may be a clever ploy by the Japanese to get revenge for WW2.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: AshFan
I'm confused. If Pokémon Go made them healthy enough to live and extra 41.4 days then wouldn't it stand to reason that they also have a certain percentage of health cost reduction? Just because you are alive doesn't mean you are a burden.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

That is offset by the "moron factor" which consists of walking into traffic, off cliffs, etc.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: AshFan
I imagine complete economic collapse when the "Nerd phenomenon" reaches critical mass.

I see. The crisis is in your imagination.
Thanks for clearing that up.
edit on 12-10-2016 by subject x because:

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
In another month it'll be too cold to play Pokemon Go in most of the USA. I'm still waiting for Global Warming to turn Indiana into a tropical paradise. By next summer most kids will have moved on to the next new thing.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Hospice alone would cost medicare an extra 3.8 BILLION a DAY without any inflation. How is that not a crisis?

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
It won't be any worse than without Pokemon. The same number of people will get sick and die. How does bumping back the time frame cost more than the norm?

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi
The next thing being the release of the next 150 pokemon. Pokemon will be here long after the human race is extinct.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Aren't these people only living an extra month n a half? 2.83 mil years for 25 million people?

I would start building the anderson shelters now if I were you.

3.8 billion a day? Not all pokemon players will end up like evil keneevil at madison square gardens.

edit on 12-10-2016 by GemmyMcGemJew because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Let me make this perfectly simple for you, living longer is a good thing not a bad thing, you freaking psychopath. Money is something we just made up to represent value, life has real value. I'm tired of all these threads where *insert piece of art/music/culture that OP dislikes* is responsible for *all evils in world.* People play video games that others don't like, it's not the end of the world. People are exercising more because of this game but someone always has to have a problem with everything. Get over it, you arent in charge of everyone on earth. You dont get to decide when they should die.
edit on 12-10-2016 by swimquixotic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: swimquixotic
Or you could just say you like playing pokemon go....lmao.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
A bunch of hack comedians repeating the "kids today" nonsense. Old games used to be you kick a severed head around and if you win you get murdered. Things are getting better, not worse.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

It won't be any worse than without Pokemon. The same number of people will get sick and die. How does bumping back the time frame cost more than the norm?

It is not "bumping back the time frame" It is ADDING TIME. Time is money, as I pointed out in my last post.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: GemmyMcGemJew
Aren't these people only living an extra month n a half? 2.83 mil years for 25 million people?

I would start building the anderson shelters now if I were you.

3.8 billion a day? Not all pokemon players will end up like evil keneevil at madison square gardens.

That is the AVERAGE COST OF HOSPICE not fixing anything.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: swimquixotic
Let me make this perfectly simple for you, living longer is a good thing not a bad thing, you freaking psychopath. You dont get to decide when they should die.

I never did you troll.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Adding healthy time does not a crisis make.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Adding healthy time does not a crisis make.

The last 41.4 days of your life... healthy?

Here is the list of the top killers. 2 could be argued to be "healthy till dead" unless you count depression and despair as not being "healthy" then its only 1. The last 41.4 days are not going to be sunshine.

Heart disease
Cancer (malignant neoplasms)
Chronic lower respiratory disease
Accidents (unintentional injuries)
Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases)
Alzheimer's disease
Diabetes (diabetes mellitus)
Influenza and pneumonia
Kidney disease (nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis)
Suicide (intentional self-harm).

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Yes, Im the troll. Not you, the guy who says people getting healthy is a terrible drain. If they were fat I'm sure it would be a drain too, why not go after having to pay for others instead of critiquing them for being too healthy? Its ridiculous and trolly. But I like your avatar.

EDIT: I mean it just seems obvious to me that people taking better care of themselves would lead to less health problems when they reach old age, on average. But I guess thats not conducive to hate. Dont worry, you always find a way.
edit on 12-10-2016 by swimquixotic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join