It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck Effectively Endorses Hillary Clinton

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrogoTheNorman

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: DrogoTheNorman

Opposing Trump does not mean he endorses Clinton. He could be voting for Johnson.

He actually said one time that he might vote for Johnson. I'd also like to reiterate that he denies he is endorsing Hillary.

The thing is: Beck's careful choice of words amounts to an endorsement of Clinton for all intents and purposes, even if he denies it.

Glenn Beck is pretty slick in his wording and his denial, but deep down inside how can you interpret his words as anything but a stealth endorsement of Clinton?

Way to disprove your own thread...

No it doesn't. This is a dynamic political environment. Who knows how many times he's changed his mind since his boy Cruz lost?

So far you haven't posted anything to say he is supporting Hillary other than your gut feelings based on nothing but a distrust for any conservative who revokes their support for Trump. So your statement there did more to disprove your OP than any of the posts you've written in support of it (including the OP itself).

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Glen Beck, is that the rape-homocide guy?

Shock jock humour aside...

If he wanted to be clear, he would have said vote for neither Mr.Trump nor Mrs.Clinton.

...but I don't buy it...

You may be onto something.

But the Glen Beck I know has been outspoken about Mrs.Clinton for years and years.
I doubt he'd vote for her, in good conscience.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Full disclosure: my purpose for starting this thread was not to prop up Trump, but to send a wake up call to conservatives who support Glenn Beck that maybe he is not the true conservative he claims to be.

Trump isn't a true conservative either. Your argument here is basically, "If you don't toe the Republican line NO MATTER WHAT you aren't a true conservative." Yeah. No.

That's laughable. I'm not even a Republican (nor necessarily a Trump supporter). I do despise Hillary though.

Is it? I can't even follow your logic on why you are suddenly declaring Beck a Hillary supporter outside of using what I said above as the guiding logic.
edit on 11-10-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I can easily see conservatives not voting Trump. It's been written on the wall for months and came to a head this week.

A question. Can you vote for everyone else on the ballot and leave the presidential one blank?

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Full disclosure: my purpose for starting this thread was not to prop up Trump, but to send a wake up call to conservatives who support Glenn Beck that maybe he is not the true conservative he claims to be.

Trump supporters dumped Beck months ago.

He's feeling it and is butt hurt.

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Trump wants background checks for guns, no fly lists, databases and screening of Muslims as well as nationwide stop & search...
Not to mention his thoughts on the press...

Gotta love them freedoms he professes.

Do yourself a favour and wipe your arse with the ballot, because both of these people hate YOUR freedom & MINE.

link   

originally posted by: intrepid

A question. Can you vote for everyone else on the ballot and leave the presidential one blank?

That depends on where you live. Some states allow you to write in other candidates. Others list the two 3rd party candidates. Others let you do either of the first two. And still others force you to vote for just the two leading candidates.

But you can ALWAYS abstain from a vote. People tend to do it for down ballot voting and not the Presidential vote. Though I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do it for the Presidential vote either.

link   

originally posted by: introvert

Opposing Trump does not mean he endorses Clinton. He could be voting for Johnson.

He actually said one time that he might vote for Johnson. I'd also like to reiterate that he denies he is endorsing Hillary.

The thing is: Beck's careful choice of words amounts to an endorsement of Clinton for all intents and purposes, even if he denies it.

Glenn Beck is pretty slick in his wording and his denial, but deep down inside how can you interpret his words as anything but a stealth endorsement of Clinton?

Way to disprove your own thread...

No it doesn't. This is a dynamic political environment. Who knows how many times he's changed his mind since his boy Cruz lost?

So far you haven't posted anything to say he is supporting Hillary other than your gut feelings based on nothing but a distrust for any conservative who revokes their support for Trump. So your statement there did more to disprove your OP than any of the posts you've written in support of it (including the OP itself).

Pardon me. I assumed people would Google it themselves to find out more instead of being blindly argumentative.

Here you go:

www.breitbart.com...

The Blaze founder Glenn Beck took to his Facebook page last Saturday to urge his followers to abandon support of Republican nominee Donald Trump, declaring that if such an action results in the election of Hillary Clinton, “so be it” because “[a]t least it is a moral, ethical choice.”

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

A Glenn Beck endorsement would do more harm than good. He was fired from Sirius-XM just 2 months ago.

radaronline.com...

Maybe he can land a gig on David Duke's low-power radio station.

LoL he wasnt fired from XM and Glenn has his own network......

You guys should really do your research before starting to slander..........

Oh wait, Trump doesnt either.....

Never mind.......I take it back, carry on, just proves our points about Trump and his supporters

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I make it a point to not do other people's research for them. If you want to prove a point, you post your own research.

But even your pro-trump article there doesn't have Beck endorsing Clinton. It looks like he is just saying "Don't vote for Trump and we'll just have to cut our losses if Clinton wins." Maybe that's because Beck has pulled back far enough away from the conspiracy theory abyss to remember that there will be another election 4 years from now where the Republicans can try again to get the White House.

You are CLEARLY putting words into Glenn Beck's mouth that he never said. Isn't this what Trump supporters accuse Clinton supporters of doing to Trump's words all the time? For instance, you cut the rest of Beck's words after that paragraph you posted:

If she is elected, the world does not end…. Once elected, Hillary can be fought. Her tactics are blatant and juvenile, and battling her by means of political and procedural maneuvering or through the media , through public marches and online articles, all of that will be moral, worthy of man of principal [sic].

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I hope this translates, I know you're British.

I have two favorite teams.

The Seattle Seahawks and "Anyone playing against the San Fransisco 49ers".

My team (Ben Carson) didn't make the playoffs this year.

So I will root for "Anyone playing against Hillary Clinton".

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Wow! When a candidate is too wing-nutty for even Grandpa Conspiracy, you know you've got a dog.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

...another election 4 years...

Nope, Trump will win and declare a Monarchy with himself on the throne and he will rule for a millennia.

Revelation 6:66

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Here Beck says he would vote for the Constitution Party candidate:

thehill.com...

BUT I DON'T BUY IT.

1. Beck is smart enough to know that candidate doesn't have a chance.
2. Beck has a pathological hatred of Trump and it has cost him a huge chunk of his audience.
3. I agree with the earlier post that a Hillary presidency would cause his ratings to go up.
4. If he really only "considered" voting for Hillary but genuinely decided not to, he could have
simply kept that to himself. By admitting he "considered" voting for her, he opens the door
to let his listeners know he could understand why people vote for Hillary.

It's a subtle propaganda tactic. Without actually coming out and saying you endorse a candidate, you use your influence to say something like "well, that candidate is probably a better choice than the other one." This gives his audience "permission" to vote for Hillary even though he hasn't actually "endorsed" her and can deny endorsing her later.

It's a very clever and very deceptive way of endorsing someone without actually endorsing them.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

If she is elected, the world does not end…. Once elected, Hillary can be fought. Her tactics are blatant and juvenile, and battling her by means of political and procedural maneuvering or through the media , through public marches and online articles, all of that will be moral, worthy of man of principal [sic]

As Rush Limbaugh pointed out on his show today, this is a crock because the Republicans have not opposed Obama during his term. Why would they oppose Hillary?

As for putting words in Beck's mouth, I am actually reading between the lines. He is both clever and evil and is using some subtle techniques to get his audience to vote for Hillary without actually endorsing her.
edit on 11-10-2016 by DrogoTheNorman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

As Rush Limbaugh pointed out on his show today, this is a crock because the Republicans have not opposed Obama during his term. Why would they oppose Hillary?

Er... What...? The Republicans haven't opposed Obama? What reality do YOU live in? The Republicans have been fighting Obama every step of his Presidency. Hell they are STILL fighting him with the SCOTUS nominee debacle that they refuse to relent on.

As for putting words in Beck's mouth, I am actually reading between the lines. He is both clever and evil and is using some subtle techniques to get his audience to vote for Hillary without actually endorsing her.

In other words you are putting words in his mouth. You really aren't doing anything to disprove my point that your logic follows that Conservatives MUST toe the Republican line no matter what. Clearly Conservatives can't have an individual opinion otherwise they are Hillary supporters. Lol.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I hope this translates, I know you're British.

I have two favorite teams.

The Seattle Seahawks and "Anyone playing against the San Fransisco 49ers".

My team (Ben Carson) didn't make the playoffs this year.

So I will root for "Anyone playing against Hillary Clinton".

Makes sense.

If you want to compare your future to the "love of the game".
We tend to take reality for granted that way though and I say that as an ardent Chelsea Football Club supporter.
I watch our rivals Manchester City (Hillary) every week in hopes that they lose...

Until they play Manchester United (Donald)...
Then I will for a draw so they both suffer a loss of points.

Hope that translates too, fella.

I apologise for telling you how to vote, DB.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

In other words you are putting words in his mouth.

No, but you seem to be putting words in my mouth.
edit on 11-10-2016 by DrogoTheNorman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Still waiting for you to prove that Beck is a Hillary supporter otherwise my point stands about you putting words in his mouth. You have nothing to base this opinion on other than that he doesn't like Trump. Both sources you've posted in this thread disagree with you (even the source from the pro-Trump media). Your intentions are clear as day in this thread. You are just mad that Beck doesn't like Trump. Therefore he's a RINO now.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Still waiting for you to prove that Beck is a Hillary supporter otherwise my point stands about you putting words in his mouth. You have nothing to base this opinion on other than that he doesn't like Trump. Both sources you've posted in this thread disagree with you (even the source from the pro-Trump media). Your intentions are clear as day in this thread. You are just mad that Beck doesn't like Trump. Therefore he's a RINO now.

I'm fine with him not liking Trump. I'm not fine with him saying he considered voting for Hillary. That's treason for a conservative in my book.

And as for proof there is no way to "prove" anything. I've given my opinion as have you. I've laid out the evidence and my interpretation as to why I believe the way I do. No one will ever "prove" anything.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join