It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton announces ‘National Service Reserve’ for millennials. College not so free after all.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Source

Clinton set a goal of enlisting 5 million Americans, with a special focus on people between the ages of 18 and 30, in the new Reserve. Studies have shown that millennials are particularly interested in volunteerism and are contributing to their communities in a variety of ways, setting new expectations for social impact as individuals, employees, founders and consumers. Their impact is evident on existing programs, too: AmeriCorps is receiving five times more applications than it has spots to fill, and the Peace Corps has seen a 32% increase in applications compared to the previous year. Additionally, national service provides important job training opportunities especially for non-college youth, and helps Americans pay for college, repay student debt and build skills and that are attractive to employers.

I have no problem with young people volunteering it'll be good for them, but if they're getting free college why would they volunteer? Video below for her free college plan.

Hillary Clinton Proposes Free College Plan for U.S. Families

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DaphneApollo

The only reason young people are volunteering in large numbers is because many colleges have incorporated volunteer work as part of the curriculum in school. It's mostly due to requirements, instead of any real calling.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

And who is Eventually going to Pay for All that ? Let me Guess , the Taxpayer ? ..Hmm..

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Wanna bet the Clinton Foundation(s) will get in the picture?

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
My point on this thread is.....

She's a Liar...

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Wanna bet the Clinton Foundation(s) will get in the picture?

I heard a rumor they already had a uniform picked out!

Nothing is free folks. Everything has strings! Especially when it's the elites holding out their hand......

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Great hire more people on a massive scale to get this project which will translate to more government jobs and more of a burden on taxpayers.

How about they require caps on college tuition...we dont need these rediculous colllege loans if they didn't charge rediculous fees..easier to ignore putting pressure on some #ty professors with tenure than putting it on the shoulders of the tax payers..be mad at the colleges and their rediculous cost of an education.

Protest the people like elizabeth warren who recieved 430,000.00 a year to teach at Harvard. Load of crap and misdirection..

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

She just wants more people reliant on government. She doesn't care how it gets done.

I'd call her a communist simply because she hates individuality and the free market.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

She just wants more people reliant on government. She doesn't care how it gets done.

I'd call her a communist simply because she hates individuality and the free market.

That's what Democrats do ! Keep you dependent ... on them.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Seems like the big picture here is the US is preparing for war with Russia.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Tjoran
Well there's probably something shifty with wanting more reserves. Not that it's a bad thing, but the younger ones are easier to control and motivate (brainwash) with the propaganda. They're immediately shown motivation videos and given reasons to hate whoever it is they should currently fight against or on 'peacekeeping duties'.

edit on 7-10-2016 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Why not? The Chinese do it.

And we know where things are heading with China.

Why are foot soldiers needed anyway, in the Nuclear Age?

Whatever my opponent is saying, is a lie.

edit on 7/10/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Today, as part of her larger national service platform, Hillary Clinton announced her plan to create a new National Service Reserve that will expand ways for young Americans to serve their communities and their country. The Reserve will provide a vehicle for the sense of civic ownership and responsibility that Clinton has felt throughout her life, bringing Americans from all backgrounds together in common cause to make a difference where they live. Anyone can sign up to join the Reserve, and national and local leaders can call upon Reserve members to take part in projects of all types — from natural disasters in places like Baton Rouge or emergency relief in places like Flint, MI to addressing the epidemic of addiction in places like New Hampshire. Clinton set a goal of enlisting 5 million Americans, with a special focus on people between the ages of 18 and 30, in the new Reserve.

Absolute GARBAGE.

Oh that's just great.

Clinton does think she owns our rights, our money, bascially even our own thoughts.

That 'reserve' is straight up the Hitler Youth.Because it's nothing but another political arm of her party.

'Civic Ownership'.

Nuff said.

Why yessa massa.

Right away massa.
edit on 7-10-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Today, as part of her larger national service platform, Hillary Clinton announced her plan to create a new National Service Reserve that will expand ways for young Americans to serve their communities and their country. The Reserve will provide a vehicle for the sense of civic ownership and responsibility that Clinton has felt throughout her life, bringing Americans from all backgrounds together in common cause to make a difference where they live. Anyone can sign up to join the Reserve, and national and local leaders can call upon Reserve members to take part in projects of all types — from natural disasters in places like Baton Rouge or emergency relief in places like Flint, MI to addressing the epidemic of addiction in places like New Hampshire. Clinton set a goal of enlisting 5 million Americans, with a special focus on people between the ages of 18 and 30, in the new Reserve.

Absolute GARBAGE.

Oh that's just great.

Clinton does think she owns our rights, our money, bascially even our own thoughts.

That 'reserve' is straight up the Hitler Youth.Because it's nothing but another political arm of her party.

'Civic Ownership'.

Nuff said.

Why yessa massa.

Right away massa.

Ooh, slightly racist.

How ironic that a left leaning politician, should bring about her own youth movement?

I bet Trump would love to bring about his own youth movement called the 'Don's Quiffs'.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
For a conspricey site, I'm surprised none of you see it. This is the beginning of getting the youth/population ready for the next war.

It's heartbreaking to see how conditioned and argumentative people have become
edit on 7-10-2016 by Fraiser because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Ooh, slightly racist.

Yeah Clinton is.

CIVIC OWNERSHIP.

That means PEOPLE.

That means property.

And she gets to do with BOTH as she pleases.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fraiser
For a conspricey site, I'm surprised none of you see it. This is the beginning of getting the youth/population ready for the next war.

It's heartbreaking to see how conditioned and argumentative people have become

War against who?

Perhaps I may be wrong, but as I see it the war and Hillary's army will be against those of us who hold our Constitution as our law in this country.

It isn't a stretch considering George Soros even admitted that breaking a law is easy, but the Constitution,,,,,,not so easy. Obama making deals with the UN without Congressional approval?

There will be a war all right, and it sure as hell won't be with Russia as the MSM and Feds are saber rattling over. As far as I am concerned, the writing is on the wall!
edit on 7-10-2016 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Free college is for those coming from households earning $125,000.
This secondary program is for those from higher income families who still cannot afford college. It's like going to college on the GI Bill. Only for civilians.
Sounds good. You go to school and pay for it by using your degree in a government capacity. You get work credit like an internship.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

It's also a perfect justification to raise taxes.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It's probably just that simple.

More money in the govt. coffers so as to offer more in the way of bread and circuses. Why work for it, if it's going to come to you in a monthly check?

All too many of us want that exact thing.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join