It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comic book store

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I was at a comic book store, the other day.. I love the atmosphere, its hard to grasp.. I always loved the marvel universe, the x-men especially..
I never really knew the impact it had on me until i eventually grew up.. I thought me the ideals i know of today..
Its a universe where i can hide in even just for a day or an hour..

But i know others who hate this universe and its hidden messages.. A thin balance of telling a story and creating a fantasy..
Its a place for creation i hope others see it the same way..

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
i used to be friends with a dude who owned a comic store. I had tons of comics. Didn't do much marvel. I liked image though. I mostly stuck with independant stuff like Razor, or the smaller brands like dark horse and defiant.

I was also a sandman fanatic.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I loved comics as a kid. My comic book store was the pharmacy in town. The rack that spun so I could hope to find the latest issue of my favorite. Conan the Barbarian.

This was back in the day when at 12 or 13 my folks would let me ride my bike into town. 5 miles or so, not too far.

But my cousin had a friend that lived in the city..they told tales of a comic book store. Oh we went one day. Took a city bus it was good.

It was in East Lansing, who knew they had such things... The store is still there.

But recently while shopping for gifts for my grandson I stumbled upon another comic book store...

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I started collecting independent stories comic book, they are great..

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I have always loved comics! They were a fantastic and cheap escape. Still have tons of comics, just about enough to start a store.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I was a big fan of Marvel with a few thousand comics.
I also loved the values then. I collected through the 80's and part of the 90's, getting comics as far back as the 60's.

Then I discovered mature themed European comic books, and more than once my mind was blown by the original stories.

But one thing that puzzled, or amazed me, when I learned about the CT universe was how Marvel had incorporated lots of it in its universal narrative.

So I gotta ask; What did Jack Kirby and Stan Lee knew that we didn't... haha

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I love comic books and graphic novels, they fall hand in hand with gaming. I like the creative and artistic side of their abilities to tell stories and inspire. Long live the comic book store!!!

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Im from the era of when gaming was Mario, simple play4fun nothing advanced.. Todays games has such a deep meaning that i feel left out of the game..
So i started just watching " Cutscene movie *Title* " on youtube.. Everything from 40 min to 8 hours..
The new marvel series " Luke Cage " has a gaming storyline telling genre.. Not sure if i like it, cause its unrealistic..

But comics never fails, with the right master

new topics

top topics

join