It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2016 Vice Presidential Debate 10-4-16

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: laughingdog

Yep, they went into SS at one point. About all we achieved was the basic layout of the difference between tax and spend (Clinton/Kaine) and cut taxes and fiscal responsibility (Trump/Pence).

There were no details at all about what anyone is going to do to keep SS solvent. Kaine might have told people to look it up.

link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: kruphix

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

Punish. Keep pushing 'punish'... punish punish punish...

How about personal responsibility, Kaine? How about learning what the ruling for Roe vs. Wade actually was, Kaine?

How about more than 50% of voters are now pro-life, Kaine? Did you miss that poll?

Do you have a legitimate source? If you do I apparently missed it.

www.cnn.com...

CNN polling say 58% of America believes abortion should be illegal in most circumstances.

I do not see this statistic in the poll at all.

Care to say what question/page it is on?

Question 14. My bad, it's actually 69% pro-life. It just has to be turned around from "Legal in certain circumstances (51%)" and "Illegal in all circumstances (18%)" to "Illegal in most circumstances" and "Illegal in all circumstances"... which is the pro-life stance. There is always the random rape, incest or physical health risk to the mother that must be accounted for.

Less than 1/3 of Americans support full access abortion.

I am hoping that you do realize that most of us that are pro choice are not pro abortion. We believe that a woman has a right to choose up to a certain point, I consider 20 weeks, a good point. Although, I really shouldn't have an opinion as I am a man, and will never have to carry a child.

link   

a reply to: Grambler

Most of the Main stream media people are saying Pence did not defend Trump.

I agree with that. He tried, but he failed.

The Right Honorable Mr. Pence did not Try to Personally Defend Mr. Trump in this Debate , it was Not his Job , that was Obvious to Anyone with an adequate degree of Brain Cells left in their Craniums . He stuck to the Issues , Taxes , Immigration , Jobs , and the Economy . He was Civil , Articulate , and Gentlemanly . Mr. Kaine on the other Hand acted like a Child with Bad Manners .

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

But he did lie...multiple times about denying things Trump and himself are on record saying.

The fact checkers will show how much Pence really lied in this debate.

I get it, all you Trump supporters are excited that Pence didn't fall on his face like Trump did in the first debate...but that doesn't mean he "won".

No he didn't. I already showed the one lie the mainstream media said he did, and how it was not in the context that Kaine was trying to spin.

There were some times that he didn't respond to claims that Kaine made, but that is not a lie.

Now this "Trump supporter" admitted Hillary won the first debate. yet you beings so impartial can't admit Pence won this.

You seem very unbiased.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

But you still haven't said what policy he was better on.

Syria, economy, bringing people together, cyber security, Iran deal, Iraq pull out, Isis.

Details?

What are Trump's specific policy details that Pence laid out that were better than Clinton's?

What are Clinton's details? Am I supposed to google it, like they say EVERY. SINGLE. TIME?

So...another dodge. You guys can't claim Pence won on policy and then dodge when asked about specifics.

You want some specifics from Kaine during the debate...here you go, on the economy.

Five components.
First thing we do is we invest in manufacturing, infrastructure, and research in the clean energy jobs of tomorrow.

Second thing is we invest in our workforce, from pre-K education to great teachers to debt-free college and tuition-free college for families that make less than $125,000 a year.

Third, we promote fairness by raising the minimum wage, so you can't work full-time and be under the poverty level, and by paying women equal pay for equal work.

Fourth, we promote small business growth, just as we've done in Virginia, to make it easier to start and grow small businesses. Hillary and I each grew up in small-business families. My dad, who ran an iron working and welding shop, is here tonight.

And, fifth, we have a tax plan that targets tax relief to middle- class individuals and small businesses and asks those at the very top who've benefited as we've come out of recession to pay more.

Look...details. What were Pence's details about Trump's plan?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Syria, economy, bringing people together, cyber security, Iran deal, Iraq pull out, Isis.

Details?

What are Trump's specific policy details that Pence laid out that were better than Clinton's?

Oh, did Kaine talk about Clinton's policy details? All I heard him talk about were Trump's taxes.

It seems to me that Hillary's sole policy at this point is all bound up in Trump's taxes because that's pretty much all we heard come out of Kaine's mouth. That's a pretty think hope to rest the entire administration on ... Trump's taxes ... because what if his taxes are all legal the way they should be?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Details?

Anything is better than what clinton has done.

Have you looked around lately?

Name some clinton policy details that have worked.

Oh yeah, she's asking for a do-over and has taken responsibility for her mistakes and won't do it again if you give her another chance.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

That did not come out of Kaine's mouth.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

There are no winners in VP debates...come on, anyone with any political experience knows that.

Trump lost tonight...just look at the debate, Trump was talked about the majority of the time. Look at the after shows...all talking about Trump.

So yes, Hillary won the first debate...Trump was the loser in the VP debate.

link   

Thing is about those plans. They've had eight years to get those rolling.

link   

How about personal responsibility, Kaine? How about learning what the ruling for Roe vs. Wade actually was, Kaine?

How about more than 50% of voters are now pro-life, Kaine? Did you miss that poll?

www.cnn.com...

CNN polling say 58% of America believes abortion should be illegal in most circumstances.

Question 14. My bad, it's actually 69% pro-life. It just has to be turned around from "Legal in certain circumstances (51%)" and "Illegal in all circumstances (18%)" to "Illegal in most circumstances" and "Illegal in all circumstances"... which is the pro-life stance. There is always the random rape, incest or physical health risk to the mother that must be accounted for.

I am hoping that you do realize that most of us that are pro choice are not pro abortion. We believe that a woman has a right to choose up to a certain point, I consider 20 weeks, a good point. Although, I really shouldn't have an opinion as I am a man, and will never have to carry a child.

I know the pro-abortion people like to push that verbal dodge, but this is not a debate on abortion. You asked a question and I answered with what a liberal would consider a 'legitimate source.'

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

That did not come out of Kaine's mouth.

Sure did, you can look at the transcripts of the debate.

Why comment on something when you are ignorant to the facts?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Details?

Are we discussing this debate? The one where Kaine interrupted Pence everytime he was trying to speak,. and said nothing but show me the tax returns all night.

Would you have preferred Pence told Kaine to shut up and get into policy details?

Honestly, did you not see how Kaine just lobbed things Trump said the whole debate? Perhaps you viewed a different debate than me.

Or should he have Taken the Hillary tactic, and just said go to my website and see my policies.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

Yes no contest absolutely destroyed Kaine!!!

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Details?

What are Clinton's details? Am I supposed to google it, like they say EVERY. SINGLE. TIME?

So...another dodge. You guys can't claim Pence won on policy and then dodge when asked about specifics.

This tired tactic won't work on me. I didn't say Pence won on policy. Debates haven't been about policy for a long time.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

There are no winners in VP debates...come on, anyone with any political experience knows that.

Trump lost tonight...just look at the debate, Trump was talked about the majority of the time. Look at the after shows...all talking about Trump.

So yes, Hillary won the first debate...Trump was the loser in the VP debate.

Ok, you spin all you want. I myself will keep my integrity and try to be as unbiased as possible.

When you are posting this Sunday on how Hillary crushed Trump, we will know how much your word is worth.

ETA:

Of course all of the main stream media places are talking about Trump! Thats the point!

Had Kaine made Pence look foolish tonight, you and all of the main stream media would be going on and on about what a great victory it was. But when he loses, its not important.
edit on 4-10-2016 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

link   

Hmmm, it must have been while I was out of the room. That did happen once or twice.

Even so, it looks like the generic plans we've been fed for eight years now. They aren't working.

And it was a single moment of policy hidden in his barking seal routine.
edit on 4-10-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

link   

www.cnn.com...

AHHHHHHHHHHH, thanks for that memory jog!

Trump was asked if women should be punished for having an abortion if it was ILLEGAL.

He said, he thinks there should be consequences to the woman. What exactly, he couldn't say.

So again, taken out of context and blown out of proportion, exactly the same as when he answered Chris Matthews.

Remember, if it was ILLEGAL. As in breaking the law.

edit on 10 4 2016 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Details?

Are we discussing this debate? The one where Kaine interrupted Pence everytime he was trying to speak,. and said nothing but show me the tax returns all night.

Would you have preferred Pence told Kaine to shut up and get into policy details?

Honestly, did you not see how Kaine just lobbed things Trump said the whole debate? Perhaps you viewed a different debate than me.

Or should he have Taken the Hillary tactic, and just said go to my website and see my policies.

LOL.

YOU are the one that said Pence won on policy...that is how this conversation started between me and you. Now you are saying that Pence couldn't talk about policy details because Kaine interrupted to much.

So if he couldn't talk about policy....how did he win on policy?

I've given you an example of Kaine talking about policy with many specific details...and I didn't even make the claim about him winning on policy.

YOU made the claim that Pence won on policy...why can't you back up that claim?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Only 5 more days till Trump gets owned again by Hillary

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join