It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Pentagon Caught Paying PR Firm $540 Million to Make Fake Terrorist Videos

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodydagger
And I'm not so sure they were burned/copied multiple times either because that brings the overall quality down. The videos of some of these so called fakes were high quality and in HD. You could see every little detail.

No, digital videos don't lose quality if you burn /copy them multiple times. They only lose quality if you re-encoded them.

I still have doubts about this but for other reasons.

First thing I thought of when I read this was that $540M is way too high to make a few short videos with a handful of actors. Second thing I thought was, if the Sunday Times lead the investigation, why didn't they release the news themselves? The fact that this is only available on news websites I've never heard of before is a bit suspicious.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Posted already
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

I think you're misunderstanding much of this.

1) You can make a string of copies of copies of HD digital media with very little loss of quality.

2) Dd I miss something that showed us which videos were the propaganda videos that were high quality and in HD?

3) It doesn't sound like the videos being tracked were based on viewing on gorehound websites, which I'm pretty sure wouldn't be using RealPlayer to play the media.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Wonder if this is related to the coming WikiLeaks dump?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I knew it, I knew it!

The CIA made "Faces of Death" just to track us at the Block bluster rental store.

What kind of algorythm would you need to sort out all the people watching it in college, versus the 1% ers who are forming a cell of their friends? Because I bet 99% of the viewership was people watching at 4:20 pm.

I just can't imagine any intel value, since you don't have motive. You'd be more likely to pull in the "High Weirdness By Mail" crowd than actual terrorists, who would surely be too paranoid to watch the stuff....

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen
a reply to: dogstar23

Wonder if this is related to the coming WikiLeaks dump?

I was wondering the same thing.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I could make some pretty amazing videos for 500 mil.

the movie "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" was only 380 mil, im sure for the extra 120m you could have got Johnny Depp killed for real "the crow" style.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

thefreethoughtproject.com... is a fake news site.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join