It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran captures an advanced US drone, AGAIN !

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
They are purposefully allowing the capture of these drones. No scratches at all? no repairs like the rq-170? Yeah these are being given away. and its just a bigger predator drone whoop de doo. if i was president i would fit these things with self destruct devices if they are out of contact over 20 seconds.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

In July 2015 an MQ-1C, similar to this one (that's a C not a B) crashed in Iraq returning from a mission. Two days after it crashed pictures surfaced of people living near the crash site taking pictures with it. While the EO/IR turret and tails certainly were damaged if not destroyed, the only obvious damage seen in the pictures was a broken prop.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: randomthoughts12

Because of the number of times they've lost aircraft to flight termination systems.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Dear Iran,

Please accept this gift.

Sincerely,

Obama.

I don't know whether your joking or not but its probably the truth that this is a part of the Iran deal.

There has always been a school of thought that said that Iran and the US are secret allies
edit on 1-10-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

It wouldn't surprise me in the least.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Between 2001 and 2014 over 400 UAVs crashed on various missions around the world.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Yea commonsense it would have to be more in depth than losing control or connection. I would say a GPS locator with protections as to destruct if it gets a certain distance or enemy area or you say so.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join