It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress Now Blaming Obama For Its Embarrassing Override Of His Veto

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Now, I believe that a nation which is prepared to compromise its morality for its security and comfort is probably not worth defending worth a god damn, and not taking the Saudi INDIVIDUALS who provided SOME but by no means all of the funding and impetus for the 9/11 attacks (the vast majority of which was actually from other sources entirely, most of it sourced from black budgets by the owners of the terror networks, the western intelligence machinery) to task regardless of the consequences, IS a compromise that is morally retarded.

In short, even if its a cold winter, it is not as cold as living with injustice.

However, I also believe that the complaint from SML McConnell is an utterly ridiculous one. This is the sort of blowhardery that could only work if the population the Kentucky representative is playing to, have the memory of a bloody goldfish. Utterly, and totally ridiculous.

It should shock, but after so long steeped in the total dross that is western politics, I ceased to be surprised some time ago, by the sheer hypocrisy involved in its proceedings.

If anyone doubts for a moment that the Congress has been deliberately contrarian toward Obama and his administration, I should point out that individuals familiar to Mr McConnell, as well as the man himself, have flat out stated that their mission, as far as they see it, is to counter his every move, to ensure that he cannot make any changes, cannot have any effect on anything, if they can possibly help it. They have no one to blame for their looking like idiots, but themselves as a result.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Absolutely. It's the majority of Congress. It was an overwhelming vote. I'm citing Congress as the idiots, not the GOP. (this time)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
Now, I believe that a nation which is prepared to compromise its morality for its security and comfort is probably not worth defending worth a god damn, and not taking the Saudi INDIVIDUALS who provided SOME but by no means all of the funding and impetus for the 9/11 attacks (the vast majority of which was actually from other sources entirely, most of it sourced from black budgets by the owners of the terror networks, the western intelligence machinery) to task regardless of the consequences, IS a compromise that is morally retarded.

In short, even if its a cold winter, it is not as cold as living with injustice.

But how is passing this bill going to bring justice? In ANY way? How was the Saudi government responsible?

a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Oh, a childish personal attack instead of addressing the issue... Another typical emotional response. Maybe you should tweet about how offended you are.

I do care about the 9/11 families and totally support that they have received billions in compensation. More money isn't going to make 9/11 go away.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
This really must be the most incompetent Congress in history. I don't get how so many people can blame Obama for this country's woes when these imbeciles are in office.

it looks like the republicans keep running the house post election too, good luck hillary.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
It is an election year. Anything that shows support for 9/11 will look good to their voters. That is why it was 97-1 in the senate and 348-77 in the House. They will get praise by the voters then after the elections they will change the bill. Whatever it takes to get the sheeple to vote them in.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Orionx2

There are only 34 out of 99 senate seat up for reelection this year. 10 of which are democrat.
35 democrats are not in election years.
30 republicans are not.
edit on 30-9-2016 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I believe I addressed that issue in the very section you quoted.

Namely by saying that the Saudi INDIVIDUALS who had a hand in the funding and direction of the attack ought to be dealt with, and by making clear that the real drivers of terror in the middle east and beyond are actually Western corporations and governments.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Yeah exactly. Supporting THIS bill is a better example of caring for 9/11 families. Oh and guess what? Everyone's least favorite turtle was against passing the bill. It took Jon "#ing" Stewart to get real and make sure that bill became a reality (naturally that didn't stop Congress from patting themselves on the back anyways once it was passed).

PS: Using the excuse that you don't care for someone/thing because you don't support a bill is just a lame cop-out anyways.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Orionx2
It is an election year. Anything that shows support for 9/11 will look good to their voters. That is why it was 97-1 in the senate and 348-77 in the House. They will get praise by the voters then after the elections they will change the bill. Whatever it takes to get the sheeple to vote them in.

Exactly. Today, emotionalism wins over pragmatism every time. That's why Obama is so unpopular with so many. Instead of rushing to an emotional decision, or producing a tweet storm all night, he's thoughtful about every angle of a situation and weighs the consequences... then finds a balance between emotion and practicality that makes sense. But Congress has really shown their ass on this one. Rushing to an emotional decision and then blaming Obama because they didn't take the time to THINK.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Yea I used to be a HUGE critic of Obama, but watching how he conducts himself as a President over the last 8 years (and especially the last 3 - 4) has really improved my opinion of him. He's funny. He's smart. He's real and down to earth. He cares. All these things are easy to see with his policies and speeches.

The Republican obstructionism has done a lot to really hold Obama's legacy back, but I feel like once the biases of today are removed with time, more people will come around to accepting that Obama was really one of our better Presidents. I like him better than Bill Clinton. That's for sure.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Yea I used to be a HUGE critic of Obama, but watching how he conducts himself as a President over the last 8 years (and especially the last 3 - 4) has really improved my opinion of him. He's funny. He's smart. He's real and down to earth. He cares. All these things are easy to see with his policies and speeches.

The Republican obstructionism has done a lot to really hold Obama's legacy back, but I feel like once the biases of today are removed with time, more people will come around to accepting that Obama was really one of our better Presidents. I like him better than Bill Clinton. That's for sure.

He hasn't tactically nuked the Capitol building ... he's far more even-handed than I would be.

/s

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Families of the victims already split the $7 BILLION from the September 11th Victim Compensation Fund. On average they received $1.8 MILLION each. That considered, they already received compensation, and if they want to pursue legal action against the Saudis, they should reimburse the US government for what they already received. This isn't about justice for victims, this is about looking for another gravy train to ride now that most of them have greedily spent the millions and want more freebies.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ReprobateRaccoon

I always felt the victims families should not have received any compensation. Their deaths were no more important than anyone elses. Perception rules.

This ability to bring lawsuits is how they should have obtained justice.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Yea. Obama's patience is on another level... After dealing with the yahoos in Congress for 8 years he should qualify for Sainthood with the level of patience he's demonstrated. And before the crazy literalists on ATS try to take these words out of context NO. I'm not calling Obama a Saint. I'm just speaking figuratively.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

'how was the Saudi government responsible? '

No clue, the Bush administration the the Obama administration have not been real transparent.

When Obama doesn't do his job, this is what happens.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

The cozy relationship with Saudi Kingdom's terrorist royal family is coming to an end. They can deny flights all they want, we will continue to do so unless they want to end up like every other state in the region they have helped us destabilize. We know every air force, air defense asset they have, and destroy it all overnight. SA is due for a popular uprising, and they know this over there. They will keep their money and yield to a representative government while ruling from the sidelines like every other European Monarchy, or else.

Not one real American will apologize or cry over this. Those who sympathize with terrorists may be shedding tears, but damn that. STOP #ING DEFENDING THE MURDERS OF 3000 AMERICANS AND THE PERPETRATORS OF THE WORST TERRORIST ATTACK IN AMERICAN, POSSIBLY HUMAN HISTORY!!!

Down with the Kingdom,
down with the terrorist house of saud

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Dude, back away from the keyboard ...

... you're going to hurt yourself.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
What about suing America for its roll?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
blaming obama for not discussing the matter more with congress would only work if congress would listen to him more!!!

sorry, I know that is probably an extreme exaggeration but, after being lured into a war by lies the bush administration told them, you would think that congress would have wised up anyways and did their own research and thought it out themselves..
how much or how little obama said shouldn't have mattered that much, it's not their job to harken to the president and take accept his advice as the ultimate truth anyways. it's their job to do their own research, think things out on their own and come as close an agreement as they can as to what the truth is, and how best to navigate through the reality that they see.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66
weak, weak as hell. You going to defend terrorists too????
a reply to: WakeUpBeer
we are working on that too

edit on 9-30-2016 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join