It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gary Johnson polling at 37% among military

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
In the strongest showing for a third party since Ross Perot ran, Johnson's scoring very high among America's military members.

A poll of the military shows staggering support for Libertarian Party nominee Gary Johnson. Johnson came in a hair below Donald Trump with 37 percent of the vote to Trump's 38 percent, and Hillary Clinton was third with a measly 16 percent. Green Party's Jill Stein received only 1.2 percent, which is nearly identical to her national poll percentages. The poll was conducted by Military Times and Syracuse University's Institute for Veterans and Military Families.
Source: townhall.com...

Another interesting point....

When the poll was broken down into individual branches, Johnson won the Navy, Army, and Air Force

So it looks like Johnson's campaign actually made inroads - an unexpected result. Third parties seem to come out of the woodwork only during presidential election years, but he may be turning this around.

I had thought the Tea Party might form a third party because of the number of supporters but I wonder if the Libertarians will beat them to it.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I'm voting for him

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Ill bet he is polling high with them, they would never go to war, Gary is a non interventionist. Being in the military and voting Clinton is like suicide. Trump is anti war as well.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Yea, Clinton is a warmonger who wouldn't send back-up. And Trump would likely start wars with allies. Johnson lines up well with most military folk.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: beeyotch
Ill bet he is polling high with them, they would never go to war, Gary is a non interventionist. Being in the military and voting Clinton is like suicide. Trump is anti war as well.

Do you know anything about Trump?

His words - not mine:

“I’m good at war,” he said. “I’ve had a lot of wars of my own. I’m really good at war. I love war in a certain way, but only when we win.”

You're painting an illusion that's completely false - Trump LOVES war. The best wars. The wars we win. He has the best wars. He is the war. Make the war great again!

Trump supported the invasion and occupation of Libya and Iraq but just like every other two-faced "I'm just telling you what you want to hear," billionaire established aristocrat that rules underneath the almighty political partisan paradigm of Republican and Democrat.

Trump would start a war against the Internet and "close it up," while "opening up libel laws," and "suing the crap out of them, like they've never been sued before," because people excercise their basic kindergarten level Consitutional rights of free speech by making fun of the clown for how inconsistent and incoherent he is when it comes to geopolitics and the mature audience it desperately needs (rather than meme fiends and Facebook/Twitter queens).

Trump and Hillary are one in the same. It's Obummer and Moneybags all over again.

Can't wait to see what kind of WWE-style ridiculous scripted BS comes next. At this point in time, most people in this nation deserve the fate they are currently getting.

We have absolutely no unity and do not give a # about our fellow Americans. Why are people acting so damn surprised when our (s)elected officials reflect that?

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
If it was just about any other libertarian I would probably vote 3rd party.

I just can't vote for this guy, too many fried brain cells.

Wait for it......23 sec in, WTF Gary??????

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   
The pro-clinton media is freezing him out. He's taking a page out of Trump's playbook. Either say or do something silly to manipulate the biased media into talking about him.

It's working his real politics poll numbers are going up.

His biggest problem is people don't know who he is.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

For my mind the question is Johnson setting a long term or is it just a one off reflection of how awful Clinton and Trump are as candidates? Given how younger voters have a tendency not to identify with a political party the electoral landscape may be changing for the better. Both the GOP and the Democratics have taken voters for granted.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: John_Rodger_Cornman
His biggest problem is people don't know who he is.

His biggest problem is that people do know who he is, and they also know he's a dick.

Even the conservative elites who control America's mainstream media don't like him.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

After a few months of cold turkey for his campaign he's relapsed into his substance abuse.

Poor Gary, and he tried so hard as well.

I wanted to like this guy, but it was just one thing after another. I think he's controlled opposition

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Maybe Gary can make the second debate.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
fail post

edit on 25-9-2016 by MrThortan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   

He stuck his tongue out during an interview, so what? It's called an 'attention getting device'. You know, being showy?

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBadCabbie

He stuck his tongue out during an interview, so what? It's called an 'attention getting device'. You know, being showy?

At his age it's called early onset dementia.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: MongolianPaellaFish

Gary Johnson needs as much publicity as possible.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Im not a Johnson supporter but I wish you all well

top topics

join