It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Befriending People of ATS

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   
So over these last years since the change in site coding, I never saw a thing about how this friends thing works in all of the exploration of the new system as nothing said friends on it... Despite all the asking for additions...

So after one today; I thought ok time to research ATS and found quite a few threads containing "friends" but scrolled around that until I found out it was all about the heart. Not being a page stalker of other members; just the posts found on the board and no one in specific, just the topic click baiting me in...

I figured it out today... so I could now return the love; instead of continuing to be a dimwitted asshole to the system. But like an asshole I wiped out all my previous emails not to hide anything just to save space on ATS servers.

So here's how the befriending works around here; click that down arrow next to the green speedometer unless you have a browser theme that changes that, then you're on your own... so clicking that reveals that drop down menu... then you can go to members type in their name, go to their page click the Heart which reveals the wall, then click the second Heart (a lot of love right?) and that will then U2U a message to them that they added you as a friend...

But here is the catch... it takes love back for them to find out all of this and do the same thing unless they have already done it. Then you repeat the same thing. Another way into that system; is clicking their mini profile to the side of one of their posts.... fast tracking you right to their main profile page without having to put their name into the member search engine using the down arrow business and searching that way...

So my apologies for not being astute in learning how the friend system works sooner to all of those that have added me in the past and myself drawing a ... but a ____ into figuring it out until now.

Feel free to add me again if you so desire and I will be happy to return the favor as an old cat has learned a new trick... yeah imagine that and you thought only dogs right?

Oh and by all means feel free to use the instructions above to add other people not necessarily me.

so again: click or tap their user mini profile to the side of their post to take you to their main profile... or search their name as a member using the down arrow at the top menu bar then click or tap members from the drop down menu bar and type in their name for a search, then click or tap the Heart icon that says wall, their wall appears then click or tap the second Heart icon that says add as friend... bare in mind(naked awareness) or bear in mind (as a beast of burden) they have to do the same thing for the add to be truly consensual.

In the past it wasn't for lack of my consent just my being full of ignorance... hopefully this points a bit clearer for those curious

Oh BTW I will not be moderating my wall; so feel free to berate me for not returning enough love; to take the time to figure all of this out until now... that doesn't mean I won't see it... but respecting an opinion takes even criticism into consideration; but an insult to injure is no opinion worth sharing.

Happy befriending!

edit on 22-9-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: sp. of course redundant but not moot to understanding

edit on 22-9-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: practice making perfect; makes for perfect practice

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I swapped a message or two with a person here.

My "evil pen pal".

When ATS got an upgrade some time ago, all my inbox got wiped...

I can't for the life of me remember the username (sorry evil pen pal).

I think it started with an 'A' and maybe had an 'X' in it.

If you're still out there, evil pen pal...

I never meant to never reply to your last message!

S&F

edit on 9-22-2016 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

I don;t think it;s all that complicated. I clicked on your name above your avatar, clicked on the heart, then clicked on add friend. Gonna do the same for wakeupbeer.

edit on 22-9-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-9-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

I don;t think it;s all that complicated. I clicked on your name above your avatar, clicked on the heart, then clicked on add friend. Gonna do the same for wakeupbeer.

Thank you............that was simple enough!! Have a great day!!

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   

I miss the old days when you could declare a member your "archenemy"...

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I just read the posts then move on because theres that much to read on this site, but we could do with more friends right !. spread the love. peace

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Disappearing emails do occur but how or why that occurs is none of my business as what happens behind the scenes keeps this place fun and interesting... the person whom sent the Befriend that led me to this post I couldn't add... as I went back to add them from the email and POOF magic... the cat was no longer the inbox, I think I need to go find Schrodinger and figure out this conspiracy wink wink because pouring a glass of whine is just poison to the entire party trying to have fun.

Kinda like how sometimes this glass and others will appear empty or full and I am not sure why... but it's a neat mystery I have noticed and enjoy seeing. Emotion elves is my guess but that would be reaching and if it is not mine to drink then shame on me.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Consensual I see you have had practice

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Mine would be the same one then as now... has any of your's changed? If not then you know who they are.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: rogertom

Looks like I saved you the trouble of making a similar post in the future when it hits you...

sploosh

Just passing it along the love that is as I had passed on it just the same...

p.s. hope everyone enjoys the wet T-shirt contest, sorry just being a pig
ing on.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

thank you for your participation.

I'm the worst when I author a thread I star everybody...

and when away... and come back you get so much of me back to back no one wants to continue discussion well that's been the statistic lets see if we observe the same here.
edit on 22-9-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: extra ham

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness

Mine would be the same one then as now...

Same here!

If not then you know who they are.

Quite true. I've got only two. All other members I can manage, but there are two which I truly just can't reason with.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   

You just want them to know in that: eh I've got one eye on the both of you and that's why they look like this...

just waiting for them to come around.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Well, Moduli isn't active anymore. As for Astyanax, I don't even know if this member is a "he" or a "she"... I could be arguing with a kid as far as I know!

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Not so silent protest. Fair enough, I simply consider mine a shark that comes up to nibble and bump me from time to time not like it matters but the modus operandi is never to discuss possibility just mirror the going rate. It's a safe place to view from and that's ok but now being in the trunk I'll just walk around it to open the door to other dialogue.
edit on 22-9-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   

I can only relate too well!

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   

BTW fair warning everybody just a post in this thread is an invitation to be friends no feelings will be hurt if not returned, but it will give you a chance to learn the system if you're not aware of how it works already.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness
Kinda like how sometimes this glass and others will appear empty or full and I am not sure why... but it's a neat mystery I have noticed and enjoy seeing.

Hmm I noticed the color changes, but never thought about it as empty or full.

What am I drinking when it's green?

Yuck.. Well.. as long as it's fermented.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Luck?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Who, me?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join