It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google (CIA) Incubated Program to "deradicalize" ISIS will be used on Right-Wing "extremists"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   
For those who aren't sure why I put "CIA" in the brackets for Google... How the CIA made Google.

Source: The Intercept

A Google-incubated program that has been targeting potential ISIS members with deradicalizing content will soon be used to target violent right-wing extremists in North America, a designer of the program said at an event at the Brookings Institution on Wednesday.

Using research and targeted advertising, the initiative by London-based startup Moonshot CVE and Google’s Jigsaw technology incubator targets potentially violent jihadis and directs them to a YouTube channel with videos that refute ISIS propaganda.

In the pilot program countering ISIS, the so-called Redirect Method collected the metadata of 320,000 individuals over the course of eight weeks, using 1,700 keywords, and served them advertisements that led them to the videos. Collectively, the targets watched more than half a million minutes of videos.

The event at Brookings was primarily about the existing program aimed at undermining ISIS recruiting. “I think this is an extremely promising method,” said Richard Stengel, U.S. undersecretary of state for public diplomacy and public affairs.

Ross Frenett, co-founder of Moonshot, said his company and Jigsaw are now working with funding from private groups, including the Gen Next Foundation, to target other violent extremists, including on the hard right.

“We are very conscious — as our own organization and I know Jigsaw are — that this [violent extremism] is not solely the problem of one particular group,” Frenett said.

“Our efforts during phase two, when we’re going to focus on the violent far right in America, will be very much focused on the small element of those that are violent. The interesting thing about how they behave is they’re a little bit more brazen online these days than ISIS fan boys,” Frenett said.

He noted that this new target demographic is more visible online.

“In the U.K., if someone in their Facebook profile picture has a swastika and is pointing a gun at the camera, that person is committing a crime,” Frenett said. “In the U.S., there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. So we found that when we’re looking for individuals that are genuinely at risk of carrying out violence, that they’re relatively open online.”

You will remember the Brookings Institute is the one that said in the 60s or 70s we'd all kill ourselves or self-destruct if we found out Aliens existed. No really.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: boncho

Psychological operations.

I would also connect this to your Mandela Effect thread that so many seemed to misread.

we are no longer on one internet.

our online realities (where we probably get 95% of our information) have been split.

What a tangled web.

Life seemed so simple just 16 years ago. I can't keep up anymore.

and god how many times will they do EXACTLY what Conspiracy Researchers say they will do.. "we made this to fight EVIL ISIS!!! but we all the sudden later realized we must use this on Americans. Usually they obscure that a bit more, but I guess they think ISIS is an untouchable trump card that deletes the next part, that they will "psychologically manipulate Americans" ? ?

That means the majority of us are too dumb to even react to a direct threat to our mental clearity, and even what we think of as reality.
edit on 19-9-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Good to know Google God knows who is naughty and who is nice.

The Google A.I. Conspiracy

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   
The goose steps are heard sounding, imagine a Hillary in charge of this program. Obama sending the IRS after political opponents was childs play compared to what this hints at.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Um, so they are going to redirect "violent right wing extremists" to what?
Videos debunking some ideology?
This is pretty laughable.

Seems like a lot of work to sway the broken minds of a few kooks.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   
You play their game by posting stupid crap all over social media.

The easy way to avoid this is to keep your private life, private, as everyone's parents and grandparents and great-grandparents did.

Social media most certainly is used to spy on citizens. Takes two to tango though. They essentially ask you for permission to spy on you, then you grant it.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

actually you are being tracked right now every word you just typed.. it doesn't matter if they can match that to your "person" just your IP address... then everytime you try to find new info you are being funneled based on advanced AI and algorithms to bring about desireable behavior changes which will be checked and the "internet" retooled to push you in the right direction reacting to your moves..

and thta lovely pokemon game that tracks everything google is conected to... that comes with gps tracking and gawd wait till they add the voice commands part of the game LOL

we're running out of time.

good thing I lost my fear.. I'm just watching this crazy ride like how in the world ..

edit on 19-9-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs
a reply to: MysticPearl

actually you are being tracked right now every word you just typed.. it doesn't matter if they can match that to your "person" just your IP address...

Correct. Today I noticed I couldn't load a bunch of the normal sites I use in UFO/Alien conversations (mostly disclosure sites, declassified files, etc). Works for everyone else, but I just get endless redirects (to nowhere). Now, maybe its just a glitch, but imagine this system in its full capabilities. You are posting "anti-social postings" (see: anything that challenges the establishment) and suddenly sites won't load and you get redirects...

Holy crap is this live? No. Wait...no. Not yet. Im still here after all.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   

I wonder if you are considered a 'right wing extremist' if you consider the use of this technology offensive to humanity.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
You play their game by posting stupid crap all over social media.

The easy way to avoid this is to keep your private life, private, as everyone's parents and grandparents and great-grandparents did.

Social media most certainly is used to spy on citizens. Takes two to tango though. They essentially ask you for permission to spy on you, then you grant it.

When they control all of the social media, what is stopping them from fabricating anything they want to justify targeting who they want? It's not like they will stop the paddy wagon at a Court on the way to the padded cell after pick up. A warrant would be issued by a liberal Judge based on social media content provided. SJW radicalism taken to the extreme.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

and thta lovely pokemon game that tracks everything google is conected to... that comes with gps tracking and gawd wait till they add the voice commands part of the game LOL

if you haven't already see my thread where I lay out how a book discussed the need for a super IMINT/GEOINT agency, and Augmented Reality Systems (games) for scraping public data to build its database....and a few years later, CIA (In-Q-Tel) after funding Keyhoe Inc (homage to the spy SAT) & builds Google Maps, the same company later becomes Niantec and creates Pokemon Go.

TOTAL COINCIDENCE, Im sure....

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I wonder if you are considered a 'right wing extremist' if you consider the use of this technology offensive to humanity.

Let me redirect you to this video of Holographic Hillary Clinton singing the National Anthem....to find out the answer /s

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   
There you go it won't be "re education camps". The system is readying for Hillary and co., because it won't be the war on the ME anymore it will be the war on citizens that are "homegrown terrorists"-ex the Clinton years.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Gives new meaning to blanket statements labeling large swaths of citizens as "deplorables".

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Seeing as the CIA just made things worse with ISIS.....

I would expect a bunch of wing nuts overrunning the deep south with high tec weapons within a year creating a Christian theocracy under the banner of the westro baptist church. .....
edit on 19-9-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-9-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

You mean to tell me Google manipulates it's search results?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
There isn't much difference between right extremist groups and ISIS. Both groups would go greate lengths and use extreme methods to convince you that their bigoted world view is the right one.
Hint: Isis now and Nazi Germany. Both of the groups used extreme methods to eradicate their political opponents

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
... and how well has their anti-ISIS propoganda psy-op actually worked?

I'd say if they launch it at violent right-wing extremists, we actually will have violent right-wing extremists something that really isn't a problem at present outside of the occasional loon.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yup giving the CIA record half the USA would fall under the control of the westro baptist church with a year.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join