It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As Russia reasserts itself, U.S. intelligence agencies focus anew on the Kremlin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   

U.S. intelligence agencies are expanding spying operations against Russia on a greater scale than at any time since the end of the Cold War, U.S. officials said.

The mobilization involves clandestine CIA operatives, National Security Agency cyberespionage capabilities, satellite systems and other intelligence assets, officials said, describing a shift in resources across spy services that had previously diverted attention from Russia to focus on terrorist threats and U.S. war zones.

As Russia reasserts itself, U.S. intelligence agencies focus anew on the Kremlin

This is of no news to most for the ATS community. But I think it's important to keep a time line of events. This is nothing new but worth noting.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

There it is. Out where we can all see it.

National Security Agency cyberespionage capabilities

So would all of the US STFU!

You do it to them, they do it right back. Stop complaining.

S&F for the OP.

P

edit on 15/9/2016 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Newton's law. Let everyone be aware though.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

As i just said in a similar post. if the American people do not stop the insane govt from provoking Russia (and China) War is inevitable, its just a matter of time.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Yes , used to be nukes. Now it is one upmanship with cyber wars
damn , I woulld like to be part of it now

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

Realistically speaking, the war is already happening, except that other nations and their people are being used as pawns by both sides, companies from both western and eastern regions being fluffed and inflated, suckling at the teat of corruption, war, and casual murder. Orphans are being made for money, oil costs more than life, resources are valued higher than the price of peace.

I would say the war has been raging for quite some time, longer than many of us have even been alive. It's just harder to see because it is being fought by numbers, with players wearing confusing flags, following distracting ideologies, under a blanket of obfuscation that turns a purely financial power play, into an apparent war for the soul of the species.

Very clever, dirty, and relentless, fought in the dark places, but war none the less.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Azureblue

Realistically speaking, the war is already happening, except that other nations and their people are being used as pawns by both sides, companies from both western and eastern regions being fluffed and inflated, suckling at the teat of corruption, war, and casual murder. Orphans are being made for money, oil costs more than life, resources are valued higher than the price of peace.

I would say the war has been raging for quite some time, longer than many of us have even been alive. It's just harder to see because it is being fought by numbers, with players wearing confusing flags, following distracting ideologies, under a blanket of obfuscation that turns a purely financial power play, into an apparent war for the soul of the species.

Very clever, dirty, and relentless, fought in the dark places, but war none the less.

Very good, and I think your right, hadn't thought of it that way, thanks for that.

I still think it could and probably will go direct and hot sooner or later as this is what the US govt seems to be intent on. I reckon the US is trying to manovure Russia into a position where it will have no option but to either surrender or be the first to use a nuke which is exactly what the US wants.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   
SPAM removed by admin
edit on Sep 18th 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join