It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cynthia , Flesh Eating Synthetic Bacteria That Has Gone Wild .

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
By now most of the world has come to see through some of the false claims by large corporations like Monsanto .We some how are stuck between a rock and a hard place when it comes to fixing problems after the facts . Science wants to be at the fore front to provide us with answers and solutions to problems resulting from others who were only out to make a buck . Its the American dream after all . I think that dreams can sometimes be night mares and that is what some are seeing in Cynthia . It was created to take care of oil spills .

This is a story that some had feared might happen but has now become the Genie that might not be put back into the bottle .

Among others, one can recall the story about the long struggle between civil authorities of various states and the US chemical giant Monsanto provoked by research in the potential dangers of GMO products, and the Monsanto-produced herbicide Roundup in particular. The actual damage inflicted on the agricultural business of various states is yet to be carefully assessed, but even at this stage it safe to say that Monsanto’s expansion into India and surrounding markets resulted in deaths of thousands of people. However, in the nearest future, the planet could face yet another “monster” that was bred deep inside US corporate laboratories. We are talking about the first synthetic bacteria – Cynthia, created “to combat oil pollution in the Gulf of Mexico” which, according to the various reports that are often ignored by the corporate media, has mutated and has started attacking animals and humans. Now this highly lethal microorganism is on its way to Europe. journal-neo.org...

MSM is not making much noise about this and its really not part of social discussion to any extent that I have come across it .

Cynthia is the brainchild of the J. Craig Venter Institute — which was engaged in genetic engineering experiments since the beginning of the 21st century — and Synthetic Genomics Inc, and was created and funded directly by BP. It was believed that Cynthia feeds on oil, but it turns out now that it is equally willing to consume all forms of organic life as well…

So what say you ATS .

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

But it has such a sweet name!! "Cynthia", ahhh. Like a breath of fresh air!

Until it constricts your airway making it tough to breath, followed by blistering of the skin and internal bleeding
(I'm totally making all of those symptoms up btw, just using for illustrative purposes)

Maybe we will get lucky and it will wipe us all out so we don't have to see how this election turns out

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Just another experiment gone awry.

How many altogether ? (That is classified).

Are we there yet ? (You will never be "there" ).

What will happen ? (You will exterminate yourselves).

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

When you read that 2/3rds of the oceans will be turned to blood and you read in real time

According to the University of the District of Columbia (UDC), up to 40% of the residents of the territories adjacent to the Gulf of Mexico have become infected with severe respiratory and skin diseases, and one in four residents is planning to pack up and leave in the nearest future. journal-neo.org...
you get the impression that this may actually have a direct relation to it . Oh and you may have made that up but may be very close to the truth of the matter

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
We, (Them) are just not going to be happy, until we have destroyed everything on this planet.

What the hell is wrong with people?

But "Hey, Monsanto is going to eliminate hunger and famine. And science is our friend. (as long as you can pay for it.)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Eh, we were overdue from really getting raped good by corporations lately.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Clicked on one of your sources and came across this excellent comment tagged onto the end of the article.

The following comment was made by a major contributor to this essay. It is both prescient and wise, urgent and prophetic.

“The continuing effects of this Spill and its ramifications on man and our world are tremendous. Man is a reflection of Nature. Every drop of water we drink, every morsel of food we eat, every breath we take, impacts us now and in future generations. We are tied to the soil, water, food, animals, birds and sea-life and to our Mother Earth. As we pollute our environment, we harm ourselves. It is not a question of Man overcoming Nature. There is no degree of separation between Nature and mankind. As a collective consciousness, we need to remember this is an undeniable and irrefutable truth.

We have allowed science to tinker with the natural wonders of our world and disrupt the ecosystems of our Earth, skies, and waters – all in the cause of money and greed. We have allowed our Government to run roughshod over our rights to choose what we eat, drink and choose to supplement in the forms of herbals and nutraceuticals. It is no wonder that everyone is sick. This is what we and our governmental regulatory bodies have allowed since the beginning of the Industrial Age. Our country has consequently become a toxic dump – created of the Corporations, by the Corporations and for the Corporations. If we do not speak up to educate and protest, then they will take more of our personal rights. Truly, it is time to stop this madness, which benefits so few while harming so many.”

edit on 14-9-2016 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I have yet to find a more credible source for this than news sites that look like they were made by a bored Russian propagandist that reference no primary sources. Any one else?

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
This is a disaster.

Awful.
And yet, somehow I"m not surprised.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Here is almost the same article from 2010, over 6 (six) years ago:
Link to garbage source

Oh never mind, some google magics at work here.... Google timestamps this around 2010...

edit on 14-9-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
What????? I'm glad I got to swim in the ocean once at least. Is this the flesh eating bacteria that is eating people swimming in the ocean down in the gulf and in Florida? I can see an oil eating bacteria stripping all the oil out of the skin.

Now is this bacteria going to be present on the fish we get from the store from the ocean? I suppose it will eat all the oil from the fish, leaving it tasting like a piece of cardboard.
edit on 14-9-2016 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Reminds me of the zombie apocalypse thread. Yeah, most people laughed about the Cynthia conspiracy a few years ago...
Did a quick search and found more articles on this:

Flesh-Eating Bacteria in Gulf of Mexico Kills 10

How to Watch Out for 'Flesh-Eating' Bacteria This Summer

Flesh-eating bacteria kills Florida swimmer

Great thread, I nearly forgot the whole story. S&F.
edit on 14-9-2016 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

You know I had thought about this whole zombie apocalypse but left it out . Do you think they are cueing us to some of the possible realities coming our way ? It wouldn't surprise as a lot of what comes out of Hollywood has a strange kind of foreknowledge embodied into the stories . Thanks for the links

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
This reminds me of Cat's Cradle by Vonnegut. Anyone? Hoping for the best!

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

There is no evidence in the article you posted, which usually happens when an article is just making stuff up. But please, do provide the evidence for their statements, such as:

Cynthia is the brainchild of the J. Craig Venter Institute — which was engaged in genetic engineering experiments since the beginning of the 21st century — and Synthetic Genomics Inc, and was created and funded directly by BP. It was believed that Cynthia feeds on oil, but it turns out now that it is equally willing to consume all forms of organic life as well…

I could not find anything on Cynthia, the bacteria that feeds on oil. The article in your OP have failed to do so, no links to the origins of the bacteria. Does it really exist? I don't mind being shown I'm wrong.

In 2011, Cynthia was unleashed in the Gulf of Mexico and in its initial stages of life it was absorbing oil slicks at breathtaking speed. In January, 2011 the Register reported that scientists were particularly impressed by the speed with which the bacteria was eating up its “meal”. journal-neo.org...

The link in the article leads to a page that doesn't exist. Where is the evidence for this man made oil eating bacteria?

Soon it was recorded that the disease and the symptoms that are now associated with the coastal zone of the Gulf of Mexico began spreading to the continental United States – for example, people who were caught by heavy rains that came from the Gulf of Mexico were also exposed to it. journal-neo.org...

Scary stuff but the link provided by your OP states that the man contracted a flesh-destroying type of bacteria called Vibrio vulnificus, which belongs to the same family of organisms that cause cholera. Not Cynthia.

Please provide some evidence as so far this looks like a work of fiction.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Reality mimics art, there's no doubt about that. And the way they portrait the survivors in the Walking Dead as a bunch of sociopaths is pretty telling if you ask me. Talking about conditioning, Game of Thrones presents us with the same strange pictures of greed and opportunism. just to name a few inputs and the prevailing mindset.

Then look at this spice epidemic and all the madness involving superhuman strength people get when high on this stuff. And finally there is this flesh eating bacteria running wild, cherry on the conspiracy pie.

Blood in the water and various walking 'dead' alive. The bible comes to mind when you start connecting dots, which is kinda compelling even for the less religious folks. Innit?
edit on 14-9-2016 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

Infections from Vibrio vulnificus are rare and there is no official tracking of cases – but some people have started to cobble together their own ideas

Flesh-eating bacteria scare along Gulf Coast has locals on alert

You are spot on, there's no solid proof for that Cynthia conspiracy. But it has it's merits:

“I’ve got my theory,” said Kim Farve, director of public works in Bay St Louis, Mississippi. “They say this Vibrio has been in the water forever. But I grew up on the water, and I don’t remember it ever being a problem until after the [2010] BP oil spill.”

While you call for more facts I'd say we have a solid conspiracy at hand by now.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

You can check this link www.curezone.org... that was provided from another member . It has a ton inside it and may contain the links you want .

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
The bacteria eats oils, it will just make you look like a flaky prune if you go swimming and make you more susceptible to skin damage from the sun. It is possible it could attack your hormones which are oil based and turn you into a Eunuch. Population control, who would want to date a prune.
edit on 14-9-2016 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The Oligarchs are poisoning the country and all we consume,breathe and drink to kill us off.
OR the people are so incompetent with they applications of science they are killing us with it.
I heard Bayer is going for Monsanto,GMO will be their schtick "To feed the hungry ,science is the ONLY way"
I'm leaning towards the former.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join