It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Lies About Supporting Iraq War

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   
You know the Hilldawg campaign is in jeopardy when they flood ATS with anti-trump propaghanda. #runningscared

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: intrepid

That's not a flip flop. Stuff changes.

Aside from the fact that it is a flipflop...

No it's not. Back then the nation wanted revenge. If one believes that revenge was good or just a political move at the time, things have changed in 15 years.

It's the fact that he is denying he ever said it that is being discussed, Intrepid.

That's my point. Why deny what everyone wanted at the time?

'Revenge'??? But Iraq wasn't linked to 9/11, other then in the fetid little mind of Cheney.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kalixi
You know the Hilldawg campaign is in jeopardy when they flood ATS with anti-trump propaghanda. #runningscared

0/10. Go away and shill for Trump somewhere else. That or read the OP's first post on this.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I'm not a Trump supporter but in this case you can actually hear the trepidation in his voice and I get it… I'm sure that he was supportive of taking action but maybe he wasn't supportive of how the action was taken?

Of all the things that I've torn trump apart about I can't really say this is a waffle on his part

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Why can't any of them just own up and admit that at the time it seemed like the right thing to do. That's not a flip flop. Stuff changes. And who knew how long this debacle was going to go on? Bet most thought it would have been over in a year.

Intellectual honesty would also require the Iraq War detractors to admit the whole sale withdrawal of US troops was a terrible blunder. Charles Lindbergh , err Trump's stance on the Iraq War doesn't have any influence over my opinion towards him. How Trump is the leader of the America First Movement MK2 is another matter entirely.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
I'm not a Trump supporter but in this case you can actually hear the trepidation in his voice and I get it… I'm sure that he was supportive of taking action but maybe he wasn't supportive of how the action was taken?

Of all the things that I've torn trump apart about I can't really say this is a waffle on his part

No I don't think that was by any means a yes he supported the war. And later in 2003 he was obviously against it concerned about the economic impact it was having. So I would say on this trump Is half right hr was wishy washy just after 9/11 but by the end if the year seems to have formed an opinion. Even I concede that I was against the war though right after 9/11 I felt something needed to be done just didn't know what. And let's face it the Bush whitehouse was being sneaky trying to link Iraq to 9/11 without actually saying it. They just implied it saying things like saddam could supply terrorists weopons etc.

But to my point I would have no problem saying I was against it from the beginning seeing after about 3 months I had made the decision it was wrong. Could have been earlier I guess if I had the information available to the white house. This is really getting weird I defended Hillary and Trump allready tonight the propaganda is getting thick isn't it.
edit on 9/9/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   
The Howard Stern video is a long time before the war. Later, but before the war started, Trump was sceptical. I wouldn't say he said was against it, but he was uncertain about it when talking to Cavuto.

His full on anti Iraq war stance took shape later as the war unfolded, but he has been one of the most vocal high-profile figures criticising the war before it was popular to do so.

edit on 9/9/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

originally posted by: kruphix
a reply to: Martin75

That's 3 lies (if they are lies, may be answering from ignorance).

Keep trying.

So your willing to entertain that Clinton may have simply been ignorant to:

"She lied over 30,000 emails she didn't turn over. She lied about over 150 classified documents. She lied about at least 13 mobile devices she said she never had. "

But you find it hard to believe Trump could never forget what he told Howard Stern 14 years ago in an unenthusiastic conversation?

Well, recently Trump accepted a purple heart from its real recipient and said it was the one thing he always wanted.....

Did he forget how many times he dodged the draft, therefore robbing himself of any opportunity to actually earn one?

He does seem very forgetful.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
It seems, at the time, almost everyone supported the war at first, until further down the road when more was found out about the lies we were being fed. When 9/11 happened I was clueless about the whole conspiracy angle at first. Ask me again today and you will get a different answer. Not trying to desperately defend Trump, but people do change their minds once more is known, like I have.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

Both of these candidates SUCK! They both lie, have lied, and will in all likelihood, lie again, and again, and again...

America deserves better.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Notice how Hillary supporters will feign outrage over this, yet give Hillary a complete pass on her vote for war in Iraq and her promotion of the war.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The last time I checked, people are allowed to change their minds and stances on things as they gather more information. Besides, when Trump said what he did about the War in Iraq, it wasn't exactly what I'd call an arousing endorsement. He stammered a bit when he said it, like he wasn't quite sure but gave an answer anyway, because why not. Hell, he wasn't even in the world of politics back then. He was just a businessman. So honestly, his opinion back then might be vastly different than now. Big deal.
edit on 12-9-2016 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Why can't any of them just own up and admit that at the time it seemed like the right thing to do. That's not a flip flop. Stuff changes.

Exactly.

I was, and still am, for the Iraq War. I knew even then (which is evident in postings) why we really there (i.e. protecting the dollar), but while not a palatable reason, I got it. And the more underlying reason (which I'm not cool with), because they didn't have an NWO controlled World Bank.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Tbh I am neither a supporter of trump or Clinton. However it's difficult to judge trump on what he said about Iraq, 14 years ago. It was a different world back then. All that fear and hatred for the enemy and SOME, not all, of the public feeling after 9/11

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

Why are you still posting anti trump videos yet ignoring all the horrendous things about Hillary. Almost everyday something new is posted about how crooked Hillary and the Clinton foundation is . Its like you are totally ignoring all of that and still posting the smallest little thing you can find about Trump.

You seem to be like Hillary and not even know what planet you're on.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   
the very reason he is bending over and breaks his back to Saudi king is why i think he is direct appoint by an outsider, aka Saudi King.

see my post here _> www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   

It's sad I even have to create a thread about this topic. It is a very simple, cut and dry case.

It's sad that you chose to create a thread about this, it's a total non issue and a perfect example of the one-upmanship that passes for political discourse in this fiasco of a Presidential Election.

I have noticed something though, the stuff that's been dug up on Hillary is very revealing of how she will run your country and where her motivations lie. The stuff that's dug up on Trump is petty and a lot of the time the person sharing it just comes across as desperate to appease their Queen.

Another observation I've made is that in the past few days, when threads have popped up about the crimes Hillary has commited the usual voices that chime in to make excuses for her are strangely absent. There seems to be some correlation between this silence and the more desperate attempts to tar and feather Trump.

I know I shouldn't be surprised that Trump supporters are trying to defend him on this...but I honestly am. I mean, it is right there...Trump's own words...he supported it.

So why is this even up for debate?

Yup, you are right, so he was for the Iraq War? Hillary Clinton is at least partially responsible for the fall of Iraq and Syria are you honestly trying to tell us that vocally supporting the Iraq War is worse than that?

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Not only but he wasn't even a politician back then, didn't have anything to do wth it. And maybe was duped like the rest of us by all the lies from Washington told to us by the news media.

Speak for yourself. There were millions of us the world over took.to the streets in protest because we were not blinded by the lies of your administration and we were all being very vocal about how illegal the invasion of Iraq was...

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: intrepid

That's not a flip flop. Stuff changes.

Aside from the fact that it is a flipflop...

It's interesting that you took the quote by intrepid out of context to make it seem like.he was wrong when in actual fact what was said was entirely accurate, take a look at it again...

Why can't any of them just own up and admit that at the time it seemed like the right thing to do. That's not a flip flop.

It speaks volumes about how far ATS has sunk that you got a single star for this, nevermind so many!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Hmmm, a bumped thread. I wonder why?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join