It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Having a Trashed Username

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I've posted so much offensive stuff with this username, I sometimes wonder how I would see myself if I were an outsider looking in. If I were an outsider reading my threads, I would probably read them, and mostly laugh. Wait, that's what I do a lot of times now.

There are benefits to having a trashed username. I can let loose, and start threads like this. I mean, things are so far beyond repair, it doesn't really matter anymore. I've felt that way for a long time. That aspect of this is pretty good.

I decided almost from the beginning that I would go for broke with this account. While I don't regret that decision very much, I sometimes wonder what would have happened in certain instances if I hadn't gone in that direction. The decision actually affected my private life in profound ways a few times.

I plan to start an account on another forum that's similar to this and only post middle-of-the-road stuff (by the standards of that forum). In other words, I'll act like a sell-out like pretty much everyone else. But, it will just be a test. Life's a journey, not a destination.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   
It's only "trashed" because you trashed it.
Suck it up buttercup!!!

You CAN turn it around by posting less "people of walmart" threads but that's your call?

I seldom click on your links cause they are ridiculous, Pedantic, self serving.
Grow a "set" and make some decent threads and this could turn around in a heartbeat!!!

Anyone can cut & run. I figured you had staying power???
Pls prove me right!!!

edit on 5-9-2016 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
I've posted so much offensive stuff with this username, I sometimes wonder how I would see myself if I were an outsider looking in. If I were an outsider reading my threads, I would probably read them, and mostly laugh. Wait, that's what I do a lot of times now.

There are benefits to having a trashed username. I can let loose, and start threads like this. I mean, things are so far beyond repair, it doesn't really matter anymore. I've felt that way for a long time. That aspect of this is pretty good.
I decided almost from the beginning that I would go for broke with this account. While I don't regret that decision very much, I sometimes wonder what would have happened in certain instances if I hadn't gone in that direction. The decision actually affected my private life in profound ways a few times.
I plan to start an account on another forum that's similar to this and only post middle-of-the-road stuff (by the standards of that forum). In other words, I'll act like a sell-out like pretty much everyone else. But, it will just be a test. Life's a journey, not a destination.

I'm curious why you think your name is trashed.
*Who do you think you've offended?
Why are things beyond repair? What things?
As far as what you post affecting your personal life, one must be cautious as to not offend their family/friends off line, IMO.
Why does it seem like everything is a test with you?
edit on 5-9-2016 by TNMockingbird because: * added a ?

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

What are "people of walmart" threads?

This is one time when an attack like that is on-topic and appropriate. I found that really funny. The trashing will continue because I have nothing to lose now. My old threads will haunt this username forever.

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
Who do you think you've offended?

People who have told me in various ways that I offended them. The two threads linked to below alone did a lot of damage to my reputation. The thing is, I believe the premises are true. What if I told you I could give you a hundred similar threads? I think that may be a very conservative estimate. When I think about how I judge people, just one questionable comment can ruin my impression of them forever.

Is 'Star Wars' now a vehicle for constant feminist propaganda?

"The Force Awakens" Really Is Feminist Propaganda

Why are things beyond repair? What things?

How about my reputation, lost private communications, any chance of private communications with about 90% of this forum?

Why does it seem like everything is a test with you?

"Test" implies that something is required. No one is forcing anyone to click on my threads.
edit on 5-9-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion
It's why you make a new account. Assuming you want a new or better related one. Still it is difficult to not get pulled in with emotion.

Though I cant say to have a negative opinion of you.
edit on 5-9-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   

I'm going to go back and reread that post but for clarity wanted to explain (for what it's worth) that I didn't mean members were being tested by you, more that you were testing yourself with things that you post by reactions/comments received.

That, likely only makes sense to me.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   

What you have to keep in mind is, everybody else is also always busy with themselves and that's in the end a good thing. Just stay respectful. I have a few I strongly disagree with on some topics and stand in awe in front of their wisdom in others.
They will maybe sometimes be thinking you're making fun of them, but you can explain, right? We're all just human.
Just stay true, don't obsess over posts you made. They're just a tiny drop in the ocean of "me", to some extent, others might be giving it even more weight than you do.
At least try to be friendly if you can.
A compliment here and there doesn't hurt.
If you need to blow of steem there's this wonderfully insulting jokes thread.
Laugh, have fun it's ATS, let's do something crazy!

edit on 5-9-2016 by Peeple because: Auto

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

OH MEH!!
his threads are all populist stuff....I can read the same click-bait on the daily mail!

Not dissing you Profusion, I just think you post "safe" crap instead of what you may be passionate about. I think there is something "deeper" in you and it just needs to bust loose!!

Who cares if anyone "gets it" or agrees with it....go for broke!
You're anon anyways so what's holding you back???

BTW it wasn't an attack, it was a blunt observation....if I ever attack you will know it.
People of Walmart.....
www.peopleofwalmart.com...
Your posts = the verbal version.....

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   

People are only offended if they allow themselves to be. People that run around being offended are doing it to themselves. If it wasn't you it would be somebody else offending them. Who cares what people on the internet want to be offended by? Stay in the T&C and carry on.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Can you be any more of an asshole to this guy?

He (or she, whatever) is expressing personal dissatisfaction with the quality of his posts and you're just piling on.

Objective self-criticism is a good thing, and you should be applauding him for wanting to make positive changes in his content.

On that note, OP, I say continue to be yourself. Go for broke. Don't water yourself down. I'd rather read blunt honesty, even if I don't agree with it, than self-censored bulls#.

That's the last thing you should do.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
BTW it wasn't an attack, it was a blunt observation....if I ever attack you will know it.
People of Walmart.....
www.peopleofwalmart.com...
Your posts = the verbal version.....

That is true. The reason is because I figured out very early on that if I make my arguments too good and too detailed, people tend to ignore them. I have to make arguments weak so people can attack them easily. That means more replies. People say, "Don't you see this hole in your argument?" I often did it intentionally to get replies. Or, I make things vague so my points are easy to criticize. Occasionally I don't do that, it depends on how much I care about the topic.

Your observation is excellent. It's so apparent to me what I'm doing, but most people miss it. I've posted what I'm doing before yet most people miss it.

The theoretical reasoning behind what I'm doing is given in the thread linked to below.

Ever Notice No One Replies to the Reasonable Posts?

originally posted by: NthOther

Can you be any more of an asshole to this guy?

He (or she, whatever) is expressing personal dissatisfaction with the quality of his posts and you're just piling on.

I'm not dissatisfied with my posts. I was ranting about how I've trashed my username (willfully), and the consequences of that.
edit on 5-9-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Wow that's arrogant. You have to make them accessible, not dumbed down, as you seem to think?
You were caught with a few uncertainties and mistakes and now claim you willfully planted them.
That's quite hilarious, does it scratch on your almightyness lacquer?

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   

The best thread I believe I ever posted got no replies and two flags.

Alternative Media and the Law of Attraction

That may have been the turning point. Around that time I realized that content isn't king here per se. I just adapted to my environment. It's survival of the fittest. Why do you have to be judgmental about it?

I adapt to my surroundings without making judgments like "dumbing down." Although that thought has certainly occurred to me many times.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Not everybody is an expert on everything, some stuff just is irrelevant to others, maybe it's simply not convincing, the law of attraction is bs, as it's sold, that's why many maybe simply ignored it.

A big revelation to you very likely is old news to others.
I am not judgemental I just tell you how I see it. That's what you were asking for, right?

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   

I believe that's a straw man argument. That thread was just an easy thing to point to. Do you think I made up the theory that's discussed in the following thread based on one thread? Of course not. It was based on lots of testing. You're chatting with a person who has made 592 threads here. I point to that one thread I mentioned because it's one that stands out in my mind. However, it was one of many threads were I learned through the school of hard knocks.

Unless you can make a better argument, I'm not going to continue in this discussion. I weighed the two choices: 1. Make my threads complete arguments and have less discussion and readers. 2. Make my threads weaker in the original post and get more replies and readers. The one you choose is your decision. But, look at the thread below, the majority seem to agree about which one gets more attention.

Ever Notice No One Replies to the Reasonable Posts?

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   

3. Adding a declaration of one sentence what you believe. Then lay out what you actually want to say. People will surprise you.

Imagine someone running around screaming "I know everything!" you wouldn't be listening either, would you?

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   
OP, if you hadn't posted this I would have never known what you have said in the past. I just don't pay enough attention. You assume that everyone remembers everything you have posted. I don't think they do. If you keep going and write better stuff now it would only show that you have matured.
To me only your last post matters. And even then I will be darned if I make a permanent link with what you said and your name or avatar.

I don't think you [or I to be fair] are that 'famous' or important that people are keeping track on a poxy forum.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   

That is true. The reason is because I figured out very early on that if I make my arguments too good and too detailed, people tend to ignore them.

This right here is your conundrum.....You have basically just stated that you are so clever that no one else can follow you wisdom and you feel the need to dumb it down for the rest of us dumbasses ...(which is in no way reflective of our resident dumbass) ....

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
What do you expect, looking at your latest threads? You basically admitted to be not honest to the community with your persona-thread.

Might be you´re threads are just not that interesting to people, like mine.
If you look at my threads they are all not popular, I guess people are just not interested and that´s okay. Or I´m not good at it. Don´t be mad if no one replies to your threads. Not everyone is born to be a good writer, accept yourself.

I get the impression you are a bit envy towards the top content posters here? Why is that? What do the stars and flags give you? What does the amount of replies give you at the end of the day?

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
wrong topic lol, sorry x_x
edit on 5/9/2016 by BelowLowAnnouncement because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join