It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘By 2050 half the forms of life we know will be gone’ – conservation biologist

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Humanity should start saving nature and switch to 80 percent renewables by 2030, otherwise the Earth will keep losing species, and within 33 years around 800,000 forms of life will be gone, conservation biologist Reese Halter told RT’s News with Ed.

Reese Halter: Yes. There are three things that come to mind. First of all, imagine you’re back on the football field. Each year in America - America alone - we throw away the equivalent of one football field, a 100 miles deep. That is the first thing. The second thing, we’ve entered the age of climate instability. That means from burning subsidized climate altering fossil fuels our food security is in jeopardy.

The third thing that is striking is we’re losing species a thousand times faster than in the last 65 million years. At this rate within 33 years, by midcentury – that means 800,000 forms of life, or half of everything we know will be gone. The only way we can reverse this is to two things: save nature now, our life support system, and we do this by switching to 80 per cent renewables by 2030. It is a WWIII mentality. In America we have the technology; we have the blueprint. We lack the political will just right now. But in the next short while we will, because it is a matter of survival.

I realize species we haven't even encountered go missing daily unbeknownst to us, however, what's occurring with the Eco system on this planet remains disturbing to say the least. And all the while people are concerned more over who's butt hurt over non relationships, or, what they'll do with their day, or, yadda yadda yadda really, sh't that doesn't even matter. Big Oil is destroying the planet, hello? anyone home? tap tap tap....

Why are human beings so damn petty, who's going to stand up and actually do something? And when? Africa for example has been starving since I can't even f'ing remember... It's all on purpose.. So.. What do we do besides involve ourselves in petty human drama? What's it going to take? This is the big question....

What's it Going To Take for people to wake up to what's really going on with our planet. Ok.. I stretched it a bit past the article however, I believe it pertinent to the effects of again, Humans who can't stop meddling with Nature. Monsanto, Agent Orange, Big Oil, the list is endless. Keep on watching Kartrashian crap but know this, one day even those twats will be left with nothing because the earth will have gone to crap. Now yes yes yes... you'll say but but... it's always happened this way, The Fifth World is upon us according to the Mayans. Yes this is true, but I want YOU look beyond, and into the ether where things really take place, not the shallow outer shell that means little.

ETA: let me just add this... I'm pretty sure we all know, most anyways, that there is technology to resolve most of these issues. The problem is no one is organized to step up and actually do something to change what these demented pricks in power are trying to destroy for everyone. People like those in Power over us, lord it over us daily. They're like the bully on the block with the most power and money picking on those who are powerless to fight them. This I believe is about to change.

edit on 9/4/2016 by awareness10 because: some asshole

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I always think we don't really know what the knock on effect of animal extinction could be.. It disrupts the food change and certain process of the planet.
Some extinctions will be natural and inevitable but some are caused by human activity.

I'm worried that the loss of just one creature could start a chain of events that could actually cause our extinction... if that hasn't already happened.

Guess we will find out at some point in our future.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

I'd be willing to bet in 1916 they could have said half the forms of life we knew would be gone by 1950.
I bet in 1016 the same would have been true for 1050.

99% of all species that ever existed on planet Earth are extinct. Perspective, it's a hell of a thing.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

I feel the same way, it's just going to take one event.

Einstein stated that ''If the Bee Disappeared Off the Face of the Earth, Man Would Only Have Four Years Left To Live''.

We are now in an age this could actually happen.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Yes, however... they didn't have Plastics, or nearly 8 billion people on Planet Earth, or Control of almost every country infiltrating it with Monstanto and other Crap right?

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
"I'm worried that the loss of just one creature could start a chain of events that could actually cause our extinction... if that hasn't already happened."

I believe Bees might have a catastrophic consequence.. It will certainly be an Epoch of diminished resources and life as we know it ravaged into an extinction event.

But even so, species will survive, and perhaps thrive as predatory environments change and species establish new hierarchies.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

So.. What do we do besides involve ourselves in petty human drama? What's it going to take? This is the big question....

A nuclear war will dramatically change things. Thanks to Hillary and her handlers, it looks like this planet will soon be wiped out completely anyway.

2050 ? - try 2017. The elite want world control and will murder everything that gets in their way.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

True, and I despise Monsanto as much as the next person. But those species would be gone either way. I just think of all the things we can blame them for, this isn't one of them.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Yes the earth will survive, it always has adapted, like cockroaches, they can live on wiring it's insane. But people nope, they couldn't survive this.

People have been downgraded to an 'idiot' version. Most people don't know how to make a lean to, or fire, or how to hunt and feed themselves, I do thankfully. But most people would go certifiably mad, and it's those who have no clue how to live outside the inner padded circle that would have it the worst.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Not only numbers of species, but their population. I have always watched nature shows since I was a little kid.

The Disney wild life shows, Marlin Perkins , whatever they fed the TV I would be interested in. I still am but now I notice the difference for instance in Africa, footage back in the early 60s of elephants, there were hundreds on screen in giant herds, millions of them on the continent, same with hippos, buffalo, etc.

Now they follow a few stragglers as they wander the terrain seeking food and water, amidst seeming endless drought. Individual animals don't look as healthy as they used to, either.
edit on 4-9-2016 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Cause and Effect. Everything on the face of this Reality, this Planet has an effect, we may not see it, we may not be aware of it, but it's there. And it does play a part on the impact that would occur. Like a puzzle, there are many pieces. Each piece plays a part towards it's own demise. Such is the reality of this place. Everything dies here.

edit on 9/4/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rapha

So.. What do we do besides involve ourselves in petty human drama? What's it going to take? This is the big question....

A nuclear war will dramatically change things. Thanks to Hillary and her handlers, it looks like this planet will soon be wiped out completely anyway.

2050 ? - try 2017. The elite want world control and will murder everything that gets in their way.

Hillary would create an implosion. She's a puppet with a ticking time bomb taking notes from her handlers.

It would take something.... miraculous ... say thinking outside the box. Switching frequencies. Negative hateful frequencies cannot cohabitate with Positive good kind frequencies for very long. Negative Ions vs Positive Ions. Negative being good. I think a shift is going to take place, soon.
edit on 9/4/2016 by awareness10 because: sky gods

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Not only numbers of species, but their population. I have always watched nature shows since I was a little kid.

The Disney wild life shows, Marlin Perkins , whatever they fed the TV I would be interested in. I still am but now I notice the difference for instance in Africa, footage back in the early 60s of elephants, there were hundreds on screen in giant herds, millions of them on the continent, same with hippos, buffalo, etc.

Now they follow a few stragglers as they wander the terrain seeking food and water, amidst seeming endless drought. Individual animals don't look as healthy as they used to, either.

Intrptr let me tell you a story.. I know a woman who sells health products to rich people and poor alike. She lives high in the Mountains with her Husband. She told me in the past 5 yrs. every deer that has been caught has had two hearts or two livers and it's insides aren't what they should be. She told me they're spraying some kind of chemical and it's mucking up the wildlife there. Word of mouth, you don't hear it on MSN because it's all censored. Really makes you wonder what else is going on that we're not being told.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

10 years ago, the timber companies were spraying the forests around here trying to control pine beetle infestation until they realized they were killing every critter in the forest except the pine beetle.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Yes I believe it, it's truly sad that with all the technology we have today, this is happening. Until the world awakens, this will undoubtedly continue.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

10 years ago, the timber companies were spraying the forests around here trying to control pine beetle infestation until they realized they were killing every critter in the forest except the pine beetle.

And here in NC. as on a lot of the eastern Unites States thousands and thousands of acres of forests are being cut down daily for pulpwood, primarily to be sent to China. They talk about slash and burn of the Amazon, well we rival that here in the US. as well.

Parasites have a habit of killing the host and thus assuring their demise as well. I think no matter our sophistication, we are seeing this first hand, and are the culprits.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

... I hope its the Dems ...

Now, back on the serious side of the matter is - long in the future, we look back and consider ourselves total morons and idiots to allow this genocide to happen. Killing half of the life forms is a catastrophy by any measure. And, most likely will be judged hard on us.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: deckdel

haha yes! those evil dems!

Perhaps we'll all come into our true power and forcibly stop it with our minds. It's possible right? I think we're a lot more in tune with reality that we give ourselves credit for. I agree, there are way too many psychopaths running this rock!

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

She lives high in the Mountains with her Husband. She told me in the past 5 yrs. every deer that has been caught has had two hearts or two livers and it's insides aren't what they should be.

Eww, thats scary. Up at higher elevations its closer to the jet stream. You know what travels round the world up there? Fukushima radioactive fission by products.

Double organs and limbs, thats genetic mutation stuff. I mean there could be other toxins in the environment, radioactive particulates aren't the only thing hitching a ride up in the stratosphere. But when you talk about hi mountain ranges the weather generally flows up the mountains, over the top and back down. Precipitation forms when water condenses at higher elevations where the air is cooler, raining back down to earth, dragging whatever stuff from the jet stream along with it.

Thanks for the share...

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Some have powers to change the world...🐓

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join