It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From Bad to Worse

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Hi, all. Some of you might have heard that I'm going through a rough spot.

For some of you who don't here's what's going on. I moved where I am now four years ago. I'd let my sister in law talk me into moving with her and my brother. She'd had plans on getting some land and building a house. Well, that fell through when we went to Habitat for Humanity for building materials. The people who were donating backed out. The situation was made worse when My sister in law's friend started threatening legal action over that and that was it.

At that time we were living in tents on that land, living rough. We ended up going to some of my sister in law's friends and camping there. Then Hurricane Sandy hit and dumped a lot of snow everywhere. We ended up moving into the house.

I haven't been able to work because I basically destroyed my shoulders when I worked at factories. So now here I am, unable to work, can't get on disability, and in a house where the power is going to be shut off tomorrow. I won't be able to keep food fresh, cook, or have running water. I really don't know what to do. I'm screwed. Really, I'm in so much trouble I don't know what to do.

I'm not looking for handouts or money by writing this. I'm just venting. I need to vent. It's that or go crazy. Thanks for whoever reads this.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I don't know what to say Skid. I've seen your story in the Shed, but never commented. I hope things work out, but there is nothing I can do. If you ever need to keep in touch with anyone I'm around. I know internet is a problem, but any other way can be figured out. Clearly I'm not helping out or doing any good, so I'm sorry for that. If I could I'd try. Will you be moving to a different place?
edit on 2-9-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc
Thanks. It's okay. Like I said, I wasn't asking for help; just venting. As for moving, I don't know. I just don't know.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I know, just wish I could. The instinct of helping one another you know? It's what makes us human, empathy. Hope you manage to find a new place or that the situation at your current place improves.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc
Thank you. I hope it does, too.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I know how frustrating it feels to not be able to work because of injuries that no one wants to recognize... I really hope that you manage to sort it all out and that life gives you better opportunities soon.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I wish you the best of luck brother/sister.

You said that you lived on 'that' land, do you mean the land you bought to build your house on? If so, I would try to sell the land and get a cheap apartment with the money until you can figure something out. That's the best advice I can give at the moment, sorry.

Again, I hope everything works out in your favor, good luck.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Is there a chance that you have loved ones that can take you in and help you get back on your feet?

Perhaps they can float you until you can get some medical help/disability or something?

Maybe you can round up enough cash to get you to where those people are?

Just some thoughts my friend.

Good luck! I truly wish I could help out more right now.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Write or call your local assemblyman about your problems. They can help you.

I used to intern for an assemblyman in NJ and they would help people by speaking with their electricity and water supplier to make sure they don't get turned off (and would help get it turned back on) even though they couldn't pay.

I honestly had no idea that local government did those kinds of things until I interned there in college. There really are a lot of options out there for those in need, unfortunately most people don't know about them.

edit on 2-9-2016 by primespickle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: NowanKenubi
Thank you. Thanks for taking time to read this.

a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I'm a male.

My sister in law and brother actually bought it. They never got the deed though. The land belonged to these people's grandpa. He died. Their mom never got it transferred to her name. She died not long ago. I don't think they'll even do it so they can get the deed.

a reply to: primespickle
Thank you.

They actually got help earlier in the year with the bill and I guess they can't do it again. Their mom kept saying it was paid up. They didn't find out that it wasn't until after she died.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
SSDI is not the only government program available. There is also Supplemental Security Income offered by the fed.

Go to .benifits.gov

Might find some relief there.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT
Thank you. I'm looking now.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I know i can't help you, wish i could.

I do hope everything works out for you in the end, keep your chin up and things will turn out for the better.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I'm so sorry that you're going through a rough situation.

You should try to speak with someone - Like @primespickle suggested. I know a few people who were to have their electricity / water shut off that were able to speak to someone and make a small, partial payment and have everything postponed. There is also the option to start up a GoFundMe page. People will donate what they can and share it with others. I would help if I could.

Stay strong. Things always tend to get worse before they finally get better.

Sending positive vibes.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Have you tried setting up a 'Go Fund Me' site?
www.gofundme.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
if you have family members whom are veterans or active duty, there are many benefits available. often immediately.

stiff upper lips. we've all been there. youre not alone.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

My heart and prayers go out to you. I wish I could do more for you.

The Salvation Army can help with utilities:

Salvation Army financial assistance programs and resources.

And other stuff:

Salvation Army -- Emergency Assistance

I hope someone can give you more than I can. Good luck.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

a reply to: oblivvious

Yes I did start a gofundme thing. I can't share it on ATS, as it's against t&cs.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
No real advice to offer, friend, but big wishes for luck and prayers for you and yours. I've been where you are. Just keep as calm as possible and try to think your way through it.

Good luck man. Keep us posted when possible. We do care.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea
Thank you. I'll look those up.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join