It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From Bad to Worse

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I was just driving home yesterday. I look over. There's a guy sitting on a bus bench. And I could tell he wasn't waiting for the bus. He was homeless and it was in the minus tempuratures out or at least around 0. I didn't think anything of it. Until I got home. Then I realized that and I kinda felt bad for him.

But truth be told say you went back in time. Maybe like 5 years ago. Maybe at that time he was doing fine. Maybe he was lving in a home with his family. But some bad times hit and he couldn't figure it out and that left him homeless.

but ya life can sometiems go bad. It scares me a great deal actually. but it's no different in the wild. You could have a deer, a "buck" that's the leader of the pack. Then it breaks it's leg. Now it's left behind on it's own. Might die cuz it can't get to food, or it might get eaten by wolves. We think we're so different. But we're not. One misstep, one job loss, one this or that, and you're life could actually end. People don't realize that because we're brainwashed into believing that we live in this safe civil society. It's such a lie, and we need to wake up to that fact.

One thing you could do perhaps is buy a cheap van and live in that until you can get back on your feet. That, or you could live deep in the woods, or perhaps in an abandon building or abandon factory.
edit on 26-11-2016 by truthtalk44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: truthtalk44
I think that's why people turn their noses up at the poor and downtrodden, and homeless. It can so easily happen to them. They can't face it. If they give it enough contempt it can never happen, right?

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I've heard it said that the majority of Americans are only one or two paychecks away from the 'poor house'.

I can believe that as I was ahead in saving last year and then medical and legal issues arose that just wiped me out.

The medical bills are going to be an ongoing issue for awhile and I've had to change my 'game plan' somewhat and realize in order to save for my goals (or at least regain some of my savings) I will need to downsize in a big way and make a few sacrifices.

It will be worth it in the end as long as *fingers crossed* nothing else, unexpected, pops up.

I wish you and the girls the best Skid and hope you find you all a home soon.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird
Thank you. I hope so too.

I hope you're able to get ahead again.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I might have found a job, finally. I have to do a background check, watch a video, read the employee handbook, and then sign some forms. My friend (who works at the place) said is sounds like I'm in. It's too little, too late though. I have to be out of here by next Saturday, as this was just supposed to be temporary. This sucks. I don't know what I'm going to do.

I really didn't think it would take this long to find a job or get a place.
edit on 10-12-2016 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
I might have found a job, finally. I have to do a background check, watch a video, read the employee handbook, and then sign some forms. My friend (who works at the place) said is sounds like I'm in. It's too little, too late though. I have to be out of here by next Saturday, as this was just supposed to be temporary. This sucks. I don't know what I'm going to do.

I really didn't think it would take this long to find a job or get a place.

So your kind of out of the frying pan and into the fire then?

Somewhere to sleep but no job then swapped it for a job but nowhere to sleep. Something will turn up buddy I am sure.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific
That more or less spells it out. I hope things do work out. I'm at a loss.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

That more or less spells it out. I hope things do work out. I'm at a loss.

I saw one of those daft facebook memes the other day and it said something like,

"sometimes when we are in a dark place it feels like we are being buried when in fact we are being planted"

It's not going to get a roof over your head but food for thought none the less, chin up buddy.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Thanks.

It does feel like being buried, though. If I'm being planted I hope I grow into something better.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

It's such a shame you don't have a car.

At least with a car, you could have a temporary roof over your head for you and your puppies until you land a job and get those first couple of paycheques to find a more permanent roof.

I've known many people who've had to use their vehicles as a temporary home.

I can't imagine the stress and anxiety you're feeling right now. Fingers crossed that you've landed this job to at least give you some shred of hope that this nightmare will end soon.

A place to stay for you and your pups is really the only thing you need right now until this job pans out... Wish I could reach out my hand and drag you and puppies over here for a hot meal and a cozy bed to lay your heads.

edit on 10-12-2016 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge
Thank you.

Yeah, a car would be nice. I could at least sleep in that. All I have is a tent, which I'm most likely going to be in that. If I end up there I have to worry about what to do with my dogs while I'm at work.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

If you land this job, maybe you could find a puppy sitter now that you'll have a paycheck coming in ?

People are willing to babysit kids, maybe someone is willing to puppy sit ?

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge
I hope so. I'll ask around about that. Thanks for the suggestion.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Any updates mate?

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Yep. Thanks to some wonderful people here and some in a facebook group I'm a member of I'll be able to rent a home. I talked to a friend last night and he's letting me crash on his couch until I can access the money and get an apartment. My dogs are also going to be okay. They're going to be taken in by a friend of a friend until I get things worked out.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Yep. Thanks to some wonderful people here and some in a facebook group I'm a member of I'll be able to rent a home. I talked to a friend last night and he's letting me crash on his couch until I can access the money and get an apartment. My dogs are also going to be okay. They're going to be taken in by a friend of a friend until I get things worked out.

I told you it would all work out in the end mate did I not!

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
You did at that.

Have a great weekend.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

You did at that.

Have a great weekend.

Not me that did it mate I just said it.

It was people that did it and I will have a great weekend now that we all know you are going to be ok.

Put your trust in real people and you can never go wrong.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I meant that you did say it.

I saw a thread on here suggesting a forum for stories about stories to restore people's faith in humanity. This situation and the kindness that was shown to me would be perfect for it. I'm just amazed.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Somebody came and picked up the girls to take them to their temporary home. They have 3000 square feet to run in and a cat to play with. They love cats. I have the address so I can come see them. I miss them already. The longest I've ever been away from them was last year for the holidays and that was almost a week. Right now I'm waiting on my friend to get off work so he can pick me up to take me to his place. I'll be able to crash there until Friday. I'm hoping to get a place long before then though. So, good deal.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join