It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A son

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I sat home looking at my dog, he was born five years ago in country called Ireland.. No one knows his past i adopted him from a shelter, his eyes told me a story i would be willing to listen to.. He was born, born with instincts, just like his parents were born with their sharp senses..
Most dogs in society will never likely use them, nor will learn how to use them.. Its how our society breed them, its genetics and nothing more..
In society my dog was born as a failure, a failure of a system providing no more than its intent.. The only reason he might have survive was because he learned fear at an early age, maybe just like his parents did..

People flocked around my adopted dog, and said;" Sit ". And so he sat, cause he knew he might get a treat.. I looked at my adopted dog and thought;" You learned tricks for someone else and their amusement "..Could i blame them? No, not really.. Most people can barely take after themselves, how about another specie?

But my adoptee survived the long winters and the hot summers, until a man caught him and sentenced him to death.. This dog who survived on its own for years, sat in a cold cellar on a concrete floor with wooden walls.. Listening to the sharp howling sound of dogs being put to sleep.. Those five days and nights probably still lie somewhere deep down inside his mind..

A friendly hand stretched out, it wasnt mine, i wasnt even near.. It was someone who loves dogs more than she loves life itself. She looked at him and said;" You are in the wrong place". A call was made for me and explained;" I found you something special! ".

A few days later i stood there, he looked at me and wagged his tail.. I crouched and let him near, i dont know if a tear fell.. He pushed his body into mine, maybe hoping i would never let go.. I gently stroked him with my right hand, gave a kiss on his forehead and whispered into his ear;" I will name you Ben ".

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
You touched me so-we feel the same. I have rescued so many poor inocents-my house is a bit crazy-taking a kitten to a new home tomorrow (mama and tiny week old kittens were rescued from the wild)-just looked at my dog rescued from a homeless guy in Tampa 4 years ago-tell him I love him but he is still a bit scary-we must keep him away from the other dogs and cats when we are not at home. Thanks so much for loving your pup-they give so much love back.
I do prefer animals to humans-can't help it. Just love them.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang
I sat home looking at my dog, he was born five years ago in country called Ireland.. No one knows his past i adopted him from a shelter, his eyes told me a story i would be willing to listen to.. He was born, born with instincts, just like his parents were born with their sharp senses..
Most dogs in society will never likely use them, nor will learn how to use them.. Its how our society breed them, its genetics and nothing more..
In society my dog was born as a failure, a failure of a system providing no more than its intent.. The only reason he might have survive was because he learned fear at an early age, maybe just like his parents did..

People flocked around my adopted dog, and said;" Sit ". And so he sat, cause he knew he might get a treat.. I looked at my adopted dog and thought;" You learned tricks for someone else and their amusement "..Could i blame them? No, not really.. Most people can barely take after themselves, how about another specie?

But my adoptee survived the long winters and the hot summers, until a man caught him and sentenced him to death.. This dog who survived on its own for years, sat in a cold cellar on a concrete floor with wooden walls.. Listening to the sharp howling sound of dogs being put to sleep.. Those five days and nights probably still lie somewhere deep down inside his mind..

A friendly hand stretched out, it wasnt mine, i wasnt even near.. It was someone who loves dogs more than she loves life itself. She looked at him and said;" You are in the wrong place". A call was made for me and explained;" I found you something special! ".

A few days later i stood there, he looked at me and wagged his tail.. I crouched and let him near, i dont know if a tear fell.. He pushed his body into mine, maybe hoping i would never let go.. I gently stroked him with my right hand, gave a kiss on his forehead and whispered into his ear;" I will name you Ben ".

Damnit you!

You are my new best friend... i just turned off all media but this! I've rescued many dogs. I happen to have a dog named Ben right here..

edit on 31-8-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

These two.. Murphy is big. Ben be little, are my first breed dogs..

But Kipper is more special. I drove to Texas to get him.

God if i could see what Kipper saw😭

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

He looks just like my Julius! From the homeless guy-he is very loving to us but is our guard dog-and I like that!!

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Kipper is a white sheppard from Lackland AFB. TX.. all he wants is to love and be loved. Best road trip ever.😚
edit on 1-9-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Beautiful! Never made a road trip except once to rescue a pup-a full blood Cavalier St Charles (from a military guy having last minute orders over seas)-sweetest pup ever-even the mean cats love him-I don't think he trusts any cat though by the way he responded-just pure sweetness! I truly think all animals are great-my kids had rats (rescued from being snake food) and we loved them-anything but snakes or alligators-I just can't! My first pets were seahorses!
edit on 1-9-2016 by Justso because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-9-2016 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Awwww, that was so touching!!!!!! I have rescued many animals throughout the years and had much joy and happiness and love.

new topics

top topics

join