It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hate dishonest shopkeepers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
okay so i buy a charger for my tablet in a small shop where i do grocery shopping almost every day.
the thing doesnt work with my tablet and doesnt work with my friends phone- it´s broken and i bring it back to the shop.
many customers at that moment so i say i come back later to sort it out. since they know me and vice versa etc.

so a couple of hours later i come back and i say to the shopkeepers wife which is at the counter
" i´m going to choose a new charger" and she says "okay."

so i go looking and there is only one on display.
i take it and see that the packaging has been fixed with tape.i look closer and yeah it is the charger i just returned to them a few hours earlier. wth ??

i say to her "this sucks ! this thing doesnt work and you still put it back on display !"
she says:
"we are going to change it later"
i say
"haha"

so yeah now i have to make my shopping somewhere else. gah! thats not only dishonest it´s freaking "in your face dishonest" lol

edit on 31-8-2016 by glowdog because: errz

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: glowdog

I know. Like they care.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

yeah they don´t and i´m just glad that i started to plant my own Garden and can skip shops that annoy me. won´t starve so quickly

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
to be honest i feel like i just abused the internet for totally uninteresting post. but this is the right forum for a rant isnt it ?

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Repackaging is a common practice, don't be ashamed of your valid rant!

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Or next time you could go to an electronics store to buy instead of the corner grocery.

Especially wall adapters.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: glowdog
to be honest i feel like i just abused the internet for totally uninteresting post. but this is the right forum for a rant isn't it ?

Yes it is.

Lesson learned, no two wall adapters are alike.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Had the same thing happen to me some months back.

Bought a laptop from PC world and all seemed fine, worked well for a couple of days, then begin to notice that it took ages to start (10 minutes) wtf?? sometimes didn't come on.

Took it back and they said it was a floor model, they didn't say that and I paid full price £1,100 Alien wear i7 2016, thought yeah that will do me for a couple years, anyway they gave me my money and half off another if i wanted, still deciding if i want one from them.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I run a locksmith and hardware store. When a product leaves my shop, I expect that product to perform the task for which it was designed, and if it does not perform that way, I take that product back, get my suppliers on the phone, and ask them very nicely to provide a replacement. If I have a second product on hand, the customer gets that product, and I wait for the new one to arrive from the supplier to fill the gap.

The only time a customer in my store, gets shown a previously malfunctioning item, is if it is a reconditioned item, that I have personally done remedial work on. Replaced springs, re - ground channels for moving parts to work in, modified or smoothed latches, bolts, high spotted levers, that sort of thing. Any reconditioned product is marked as such, AND when they see it and ask me about it, I tell them what was wrong with it, where it came from, AND how long I think it will last, when compared to an ideal world, factory spec model.

I do everything humanly possible to give my customers all the information they need to make a good purchase and in the event that I cannot assist them, I direct them to other outlets they might want to try. Customer satisfaction with everything from my work, to the way I handle customer relations, is PARAMOUNT!

The store owner you dealt with, simply does not grasp the importance of doing the right thing. They do not understand that their customers will be less likely to buy if they believe they are being stiffed, and they are right to be concerned. I manage my store the way I do, because I want them to feel that they can trust me, and my work. I want the customer to rely upon my experience, and my willingness to help them in any way I can. I want this because it is good for business, but also because the work I do matters to me. Evidently, the people running the store you went to, do not care about what they do, take no pride in it.

edit on 31-8-2016 by TrueBrit because: grammatical improvements

join