It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can group meditation cure or heal others?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Ive seen videos where this is possible. I have heard stories that this is very real.
My question is, is it all real or is it false?

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: luciferslight

No.

You can't turn one hair white or black.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Guess it depends what the word meditation represents in your terminology
Just being in a loving caring group of people can heal

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Here is a relevant article.

Meditators have longed discussed these two schools of thought:
Does meditation promote healing because when a person is very calm and relaxed, the body can heal easier, or does the meditator actually enter a state where a benevolent, nurturing energy is present?

More.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Well, I have no definitive proof, I suppose there could be a number of factors that contributed to the following case, but..

My friends and I always take prayer requests at the end of Bible Study. For a number of weeks in a row, we prayed for my mom's health (she is not a Christian herself).

Her creatinine levels were, in two consecutive readings, so dangerously high that her nephrologist told her she would be needing a kidney transplant (2.75, 2.76, respectively, where .8-1.0 are healthy levels). On her next reading, her numbers had dropped 15% to 2.43. She is no longer in need of a transplant. I am a firm believer in the power of prayer!

Does it always work, in every case? No, I don't think it does but am sure there is a reason for that as well.

Great thread, blessings to you!
edit on 30-8-2016 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-8-2016 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I believe in the power of prayer, especially in large groups!

My four-year-old son got real sick late last fall and before you knew it, we were following him in an ambulance to a real good hospital three hours away. His blood platelet count got dangerously low where they were even worried about him bumping his head and bleeding inside uncontrollably. After tests it was revealed that he had just gotten over a cold virus and his body in response to fighting off the cold attacked his platelets.

He had to have a platelet infusion. Very scary and they said that 10% of kids have to have their spleens removed while 10% recover very quickly and the others it can take anywhere from several weeks to 6 months to recover.

We asked for friends and family through Facebook to pray for him. It was overwhelming how many responses we got.

He recovered within 24 hours!

I believe in the power of prayer, especially in large groups!

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

"Yes" and if You can't get a good group then erect a pyramid (fire in the middle).. Not all groups are 'good'; One 'foul plug' (their problem is the focus) and it'll trap the 'energy'..

The pyramids I reference are those in Russia where "groups" are hard to assemble. You should also be able to find corresponding literature as it relates to the healing properties of said pyramids...

Other things to research: Reiki Massage and Qi-Gong.

Stay Hydrated...

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: luciferslight Energy goes where attention flows. This said my answer is yes. Even I've been helped few times by that way, nevermind my sickness was not of great magnitude in neither of them.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
There's a little evidence (not many studies to go on) that it helps, I wouldn't forgo actual medical treatment though. A lot of hospitals now offer meditation classes as complimentary care. The placebo effect is also a real thing but it's not 100%.

In the very least, meditation helps keep you calm which is always conducive for better outcomes.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I have always subscribed to the notion that even just positive thought can make the outcome of anything much better. I can only assume that if someone is meditating in a positive way about an illness for themselves, this could probably aid in the natural healing process.

I'm certainly not sold on the theory that positive thinking or meditating over others' issues can help that individual. It may be irrelevant, but I do recall the double-blind study done on praying for people in hospitals, and it turned out that those who knew that they were getting prayed for had the slowest recoveries, making me think that maybe, if you give up the power of healing to other people, it can actually make things worse for you.

Regardless, the body does the vast majority of its healing during sleep (not just rest, but sleep), so whether or not meditation does the necessary things to the brain to mimic that which aids in healing during sleep is not something that I've ever seen.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Its been known to happen. Prayer circles have been effective in the past...but as well...some have prayed over the dead or seriously ill for weeks and weeks...and they stayed dead...or ill.

Last week on the news an elderly woman had been dousing her dead husbands body with holy water in belief it would bring him back to life.

The authorities were called by neighbors when the odor was getting stronger over the weeks from their home.

PS She had been praying and dousing holy water over him...for a month straight.
edit on 30-8-2016 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Depends on the group how efficient the placebo effect/self healing effect will be based on what they can push thru and what kind of problem you are trying to solve.

People can push thru energy thru their bodies and redirect the flow. The question is how much can a specific body/soul push thru and how efficient will it be to solve the problem.

Some souls do not know how much they push thru and believe they are doing nothing since there bodies are not aware enough to feel the flow/vibrations strongly. Some souls have bodies that are very aware and can feel very small differences in vibrations.

I have played around with some Reiki people and I could myself feel exactly where the hand was over my body since I felt the difference in my body they made. The other people had similar experience when we where doing it to them. One time I jumped like crazy from the bed since I got instantly to hot and was uncomfortable from the heat laughing like crazy.

Reiki/laying of hands is useful at least as a calming tool increasing the Placebo effect.

I would not use it for specific skin problems I have experienced. Not very efficient. Ointment is better.

edit on 30-8-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Hey thanks for that vid!

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

There is something I've read about called the "Maharishi Effect."

In 1978, what is known as the “Maharishi Effect” took place when a group of 7000 individuals over the course of 3 weeks were meditating in hopes of positively effecting the surrounding city.

They were able to literally transform the collective energy of the city which reduced global crime rates, violence, and casualties during the times of their meditation by an average of 16%. Suicide rates and automobile accidents also were reduced with all variables accounted for. In fact, there was a 72% reduction in terrorist activity during the times at which this group was meditation.

While this doesn't indicate a personal ailment healing, it shows that group meditation can be quite powerful when done with a specific purpose.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Great Post! Great Question and one that has been asked many times. I recently worked on a study that dealt directly with the energetic aspects of intent. I can honestly say that my experience with intent and the impact it had on the test subjects was undeniable. Time and time again, the test subjects were directly influenced by non-verbal stimuli (mind matter). So, my experience(s) certainly support my opinion..."Yes", meditation can heal others or better said, "can aid in healing others".

My username.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Group meditation is meant to uplift the vibration of the atmosphere so that the beginners can meditate more easily. Surely if one sits there regularly it has some healing effect also, but to wait miracles to happen, and if so, it might be beneficial or not - as if ones karma is not burned the sickness might come back or something else may happen.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Well I guess sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Sucks for the old lady losing her husband

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Yeah..sad one that was. I think Ive learned in my time that any energy put forth into the positives and negatives can work*, though not always.

*I knew a few dark-art practioners in high school that could make bad things happen...and many others where prayers and/or positive vibes made a great difference.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
you know im not sure. i think that on a personal level its important to block out noise and find yourself but i think as far things changing on a group level...

ive often wondered what crates "REAL CHANGE" in the world. and its always someone who inspires and motivates others.

words, emotions, feeling are very powerful

a leader

because people need guidance. you can still the mind but then people wonder where do i go from here? some people are good at motivating and helping to move all of the followers along.

top topics

join