It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 9 foot painting found two people again...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

A rabbi and his wife relocated to Jewish community somewhere in the North United States. They wanted to rebuild a temple for the Jews of the area so they could have a Hanukkah party on December 10th. The rabbi worked many months building and painting this temple so it would be finished by Dec 10.

For two days this area was hit by rain and wind storms. 6 inches of rain fell in two days along with great wind damage to this area. The rabbi went to his temple and there was 9 foot hole in the side of the building. Today was December 8th and he knew there was no way if could be fixed in time for Hanukkah. The rabbi went to a local resale shop to see if he could find anything to cover the hole.

As he walked in there it was, a nine foot amazing painting. This painting would cover the hole and the party could go on. As the rabbi was walking back to his temple it started to snow. Winter was blasting this area.

Back at the temple he placed the 9 foot painting over the hole. It worked the rabbi cried. He noticed a older woman outside in the cold waiting for a bus. He walked outside and asked her if she was ok. She missed her bus and was waiting 45 min for the next bus. The rabbi invited her inside the temple to warm up. She came in and sat down. She was grateful for his kindness. The rabbi noticed her staring at the painting. He told her the story of how this beautiful painting made it way to the temple.

She cried and asked the rabbi if the name Mosk was written in the left hand corner. The rabbi looked and said "yes." The woman cried and told the rabbi she had painted it 35 years ago for her husband. She told the rabbi how the Nazi people raided their town in Austria. Her husband told her to flee and he would see her in a week. She left but never saw her husband again.

Her husband was arrested by the Nazi soldiers. The rabbi cried. He offered to give her the painting, she said no. The rabbi told her he would drive her home so she sis not have to wait for the bus. He took her 1/2 hour away to her apartment.

Dec 10 was here and many Jews and other people showed up for Hanukkah. Everyone had the best time. At the end of the night the rabbi noticed a man staring at the painting and crying. The rabbi walked up to the local man. He asked him if he was ok. The old man cried and told the rabbi that this painting was painted for me by my wife over 35 years ago. He explained to the rabbi how the Nazi army locked him up and his wife fleed and was safe, he explained he for many years he was searching for her with with out luck.

The rabbi was in awe. He asked the old man to take a drive with him. He drove the old man to the woman's apartment. He helped him up three flights of stairs. He knocked on the door, the woman opened the door and saw her husband. They cried and cried but their love was still there. It was the best Hanukkah ever...

Love works in strange ways...

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Wow Q, that was amazing and so touching! Good job!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
I love the story

though question
if that is the actual painting.

clothing of the subjects
seems off for the time period.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thank you so much

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: spoonbender

Yes the painting is real! But not the one in the story
edit on 8 26 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12
Man. That was good.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

I already know this one so all I will say Chicken is Beautiful Beautiful Beautiful and Brilliant!!!🌷Love it.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Thank you, lots of chicken. ❤️ I redid it. Lol love

top topics

join