It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crossbow Attack Leaves 3 Dead in Toronto

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Now this is something that you do not hear or see everyday...Sorry for the loss of life... I wonder about the motive and who did what ? Depending on the draw weight of a crossbow they are not what anyone would consider a rapid fire weapon unless a low powered Chinese type repeating crossbow is used.youtu.be... If three people were killed what kept the other two from stopping the attacker after the first person was shot.. Also getting shot by an arrow or a crossbow bolt is not a quick death usually...regardless of what you have seen in the movies.

(Newser) – Three people were killed with a crossbow Thursday afternoon in Toronto, Reuters reports. According to the CBC, police responded to reports of a stabbing to find three people with crossbow bolts in them inside a residential garage in a suburban area of the city. "It was going on for about five minutes—the screaming," a neighbor says. "After that, all quiet." The victims—two men and a woman—are believed to be related. However, it's unknown if they were specifically targeted, the Toronto Star reports. At least one other person was injured in the attack.

www.newser.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Literally redefines the term going medieval on someone.

But... do we blame the crossbow or the shooter? The lines are getting pretty blurry as of late.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Don't see that every day.

No one will ever be able to understand the evil in the hearts of men, but the men whose hearts are evil.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I've seen small repeater type crossbows for sale online and often times people are successful at getting those things through the border.

My assumption is it's a revenge style attack, meaning it's not a random attack.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

How about first you get to the source of how he got the crossbow.

From what I know you need to be licensed to own one in Canada, or you can take the risk and try to purchase one illegally

Eta: apparently I was wrong..and that's somewhat concerning to find out.
edit on 26-8-2016 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Don't see that every day.

No one will ever be able to understand the evil in the hearts of men, but the men whose hearts are evil.

Sometimes I wonder about the whole evil thingy. Maybe the Perps are so emotional uncontrolled or detached that there thinking process goes no further than a moth flying into a flame ?

True evil resides in rulers who go about killing millions of their subjects IMO...Plenty of examples in our worlds history, no?

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   
It's related to a suspicious package that was also found in TO.- CBC News .
Nothing else said about that.
www.cbc.ca...
Strange indeed. There's a suspect in custody, also injured. Cross bow found on the ground. So it's not like the culprit fled with the weapon.
edit on 26-8-2016 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

From what I know you need to be licensed to own one in Canada, or you can take the risk and try to purchase one illegally

No. You don't need a license here.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
OWCH!
edit on 26-8-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   

True evil resides in rulers who go about killing millions of their subjects IMO...Plenty of examples in our worlds history, no?

Small evils become large ones for two reasons:

1. Good people can't or won't stand up to it.

2. As a result of No. 1, evil gets an army.

The truth is there are many little Hitlers and Maos out there that if given the opportunity would be just as bad as any known dictator in history.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

Dude, anyone can make one:

edit on 26-8-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Had a buddy in the army that used to make mini cross bows out of popsicle sticks, rubber bands, and he used small nails as bolts. They were powerful enough to stick one of these little nails into inch thick particle board.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Well then, that's an interesting link to keep in tow, thanks for that

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   
It takes some skill to kill with a crossbow, it takes a lot of skills to kill three with a crossbow

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   
What is Buffy doing in Toronto?

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   

That just nasty ..... i cannot imagine the arrow would feel good...eesh, in saying that i wonder how many people he may have knocked off with a weapon capable of many more rounds in the same time space

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Do not tell me,

Name not released, lone nut mental health issues???....

RA

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Expect more.

IISIS encourages "lone wolf" jihadi terrorists to use crossbows in their Mujahid Guide.

And to train on shooting? "You should buy Toy guns (Nerf guns), or Pellet guns or Paintball guns for target practice" -- preferably through a kid who won't raise suspicion. Then, become a gamer. "Playing games like Call of Duty gives you knowledge of techniques used in warfare on different terrains."

They're encouraged to move up to "primitive weapons" such as crossbows, hiding them "like treasure maps," and go camping for survivalist experience, carrying condoms because they hold a liter of water.

pjmedia.com...

edit on 26-8-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

That just nasty ..... i cannot imagine the arrow would feel good...eesh, in saying that i wonder how many people he may have knocked off with a weapon capable of many more rounds in the same time space

I have read an account of a person that had been shot with an arrow, and he stated that he didn't feel any pain. The arrow didn't pass through and he felt the arrow hanging up on his other leg when he was walking.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Yeah right....i have not been hit by an arrow either thank fully, i have been hit on the end of my fingertip by a lawnmower blade and that felt like a baseball bat hitting it so i will skip on the arrow....however it seems to me from my pain level experience(sadly not limited to this story) that something so big would have a major impact and not like a snake bite which many people have described as painless and some not knowing they were bit at all....there is a pretty bit difference in gauge between a snake tooth and a projectile from a crossbow....

Anyhow the account you read is in the extreme level of circumstance, if true...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join