It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Carlos Curbelo: Trump Not Trying to Beat Clinton

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   
People are beginning to see through Trump's scam in running for president. He's clearly not serious and many in the GOP are beginning to see this as well.

This from the very conservative Newsmax:

Rep. Carlos Curbelo said he does not believe Donald Trump is attempting to defeat Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.

"I have no hard proof for my theory, but the relevant question is: Do people actually think that Donald Trump is trying to win?" the Florida Republican asked on "The Fernand Amandi Show,"

www.newsmax.com...

Recently it was revealed that Trump spent campaign money, $50K, on his book.

Reports are flowing in about how Campaign money is not being invested where they need to be.

Trump is as of recent campaigning in Red States. There seems to be lack of focus on strategic voting locations around the country. For goodness sakes Trumps most recent rally was in Mississippi, the reddest State there is.

This coupled with Trump visiting solid blue states like Conneticut and Maine. No sense what so ever. It's as if he's avoiding directly competing with Hillary or threatening her campaign.

Trump increasing rent 4 fold on his campaign to evidently make profit.

It is becoming more and more evident that Trump isn't really focused on winning this election. He's in this for financial gain. Any other GOP candidate save Cruz would've given Hillary the run around but of all people Trump conveniently ends up as her remaining rival. This is far too convenient.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

It was obvious when he threw in his hat the he was a Clinton Family Shill!

About time others begin calling it!

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   

I don't trust Hillary, Trump or Gary Johnson.
Jill Stein hasn't given me any reason not to trust her, but I do disagree with most of her positions.

Trump beating the Republican elite picks in the primaries doesn't surprise me, but some of the things he has been doing now doesn't make it seem like he is really trying.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I typed the same thing months ago...Don't forget He is a "great businessman"

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   

All you need to do, is just think about it.
If he's in this race for the financial gain, don't you think he would profit MORE by actually winning the election?

But, you just need to watch one of his rallies, and to see just how serious he is.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   

I've routed You what this won't let me type..

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   

elections.ap.org...

www.sun-sentinel.com...

(post by BelowLowAnnouncement removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
the underlying issue here is that curbelo dosent want to lose his seat, distancing himself from trump might keep that hispanic vote for himself.
its hardly a secret the republican party isnt fully supportive of trump, polls show republican voters aren't either, gaining a few wingnut votes from conspiracy theorists dosent make any seat safe after you alienate a large number of the electorate.

im of the opinion trump never believed he would win the primaries, but making such outlandish claims would put him back in the spotlight and could get him another reality tv deal.
the absurdity of situation being the flagrant flip flopping and acceptance from what became has become his loyal acolytes, pro choice became pro life, pro war now anti war and so on.
weak opposition and online rallying pushed trump to the top, leaving the people running for seats now perplexed as to use anti islam, anti hispanic, pro wall rhetoric, or, as shown here, put some distance between said policies.

regardless of the outcome of the election, the republican party will be in a state of flux come december.

(post by JimNasium removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I don't trust Hillary, Trump or Gary Johnson.
Jill Stein hasn't given me any reason not to trust her, but I do disagree with most of her positions.

Trump beating the Republican elite picks in the primaries doesn't surprise me, but some of the things he has been doing now doesn't make it seem like he is really trying.

This is what happens when your party and media outlets talk about nothing but the evils of PC and Benghazi for years on end.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   

It's obvious Trump doesn't want to win or has no idea how to win. Either way, he's a big loser. What Trump has been doing all along was rebranding his name. This has all been about him and increasing his wealth. When he loses in November don't be surprised to see him in business with right wing media nut jobs promoting a new Fox News type channel.

In any case, I almost feel bad for Trump supporters. Almost.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   

lol, he's got nothing.

He said it himself.

"evidently" don't cut it.

Gotta prove he profited from the book sales. What was it, maybe $3,000.00?

Lol, hillary is gonna spend 1+billion dollars, who's keeping track of all who gets what?

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

All you need to do, is just think about it.
If he's in this race for the financial gain, don't you think he would profit MORE by actually winning the election?

But, you just need to watch one of his rallies, and to see just how serious he is.

Whoever wins the election would be required to place all of his/her assets in a blind trust to prevent using the office of POTUS for personal financial gain.

Both candidates know this.

Trump is not so much a "business" man as he is the singular spokesman for the Trump "brand".

So the question looming for Trump is; to what extent is he willing to relinquish his "spotlight" as the TRUMP" brand "numero uno", and possibly risk everything he's built upon that position?

Can the Trump empire survive four or more years without Trump?

Would "the Donald" want to find out the answer to that question. Would he mind it if his empire really didn't need him to survive and/or thrive?

Hillary, you must admit, doesn't face the same kind of issues; the Clintons' business dealings seem to function best and in general, with as little "fanfare", and as much "below the radar" as possible.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
What an absolute load of bullplop.

Why would Trump ruin his reputation by running a fake candidacy?
Why would Trump waste all his money and his time on a fake candidacy?

If Trump was a Clinton stooge, why does he keep hammering home how corrupt she is? why does he point out her lies, the media manipulation, the Clinton Foundation?

If you bothered to go and listen to Trumps interviews from the 80's 90's he always said he believed the US was in trouble, he always said the US needed someone to stop the BS and run it properly and he said... and i quote:

1987 - Oprah
Oprah - If you did run you have said you would probably win?
trump: ''I think id win, I wouldn't go into lose i have never gone in to lose in my life''
trump: ''I do get tired of seeing whats happening with this country if it got so bad I wouldn't rule it out totally''

Trump :I would much prefer that somebody else do it, I just don't know if the somebody else is there. I don't know if we have the kind of advocate that we need, we need major surgery this country needs major surgery

interviewer: are you the surgeon?

Trump: I think I would do a fantastic job but I really would prefer not doing it

I am sorry OP and to others.. but you have fallen for some A-Grade horse crap if you actually believe Trump is running a fake campaign..

Try turning off your CNN and watching his speeches start to finish.. listen to his voice - he desperately sees how corrupt the US is and in how much trouble the US is in and he has the right idea's to fix it.

You all say he's egotistical.. well, imagine how much his ego's driving him to be the greatest president of the modern era?

This is just another DNC crap heap for the gullible...frankly... you should be ashamed to believe it!
edit on 25/8/16 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

You gave yourself a Star for your lame comment, didn't you?

Oh, and by the way, did you type the same thing months ago? I'm curious.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Ive heard people say alot about Trump but not once have I seen anyone accuse him of being stupid, with that in mind surely if he was in this for a profit then he wouldnt be bothered about the crumbs of an also ran and be focused on the big prize of Prez.

If he throws this election it aint gonna be for a few measly million

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join