It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Video] Off duty NYC cop involved in gang related stabbing and assault.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Video linked off-site due to violence.

EXCLUSIVE: Cop suspended after friends get into fight leading to stabbing in Manhattan.

An off-duty cop assigned to the Critical Response Command has been suspended because he didn't identify himself to officers investigating a Manhattan stabbing his friends were involved in — and now police are trying to determine whether he failed to take any police action, the Daily News has learned.

Officer Ronnie Velez was suspended “for the good of the department,” the NYPD said.

He was questioned by officers who responded Sunday at 6 p.m. to a call about a fight at Seventh Ave. and 21st St.

When officers arrived at the scene, police said, Velez did not identify himself — either as someone with the two groups or as a police officer — until he was pointed out by a man in the group that fought with Velez’s friends.

As far as I can tell, the officer is the one in the black shirt and shorts.

Apparently whats being investigated is to what degree the cop was involved and whether he had a "duty" to stop the attack...

The SCOTUS has already ruled that police do not have a Constitutional duty to protect someone.

Now its unclear as to whether they have a duty to stop a crime in progress...

If they arent required to protect people nor required to stop crimes, why exactly are we employing so many, to generate revenue for the State?

edit on 23-8-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Legal gang by day,
illegal gang by night.

Not an ounce of surprise from me, Not an ounce of hope for them.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

You hit the nail on the head. It is to generate revenue for the state and city governments. Sitting through any crime court will lead anyone to that conclusion. It is a nightmare come true.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

If they arent required to protect people nor required to stop crimes, why exactly are we employing so many, to generate revenue for the State?

Yep.....that's pretty much it, the job of a modern cop is to extort money from the populace and arrest criminals ...... crime prevention is not part of the MO, all that does is reduce the flow of $$$

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Why, if he did nothing wrong, would he not identify himself as a cop, and as someone who was there, and involved in some way? That seems shady.

As far as the SC decision, if they aren't there to protect, then why the heck are they telling citizens not to engage criminals, and to wait for the cops? What's the point?? Either they are there to protect and serve, or disband them already.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
So the guy they beat up the most seemed to be the one that tried to brake it up at the beginning of the video ...seriously what a horrible video ...one chockes the neck and graps the arms the other punches and kicks him in the face ...superheroes of the modern age.

So ...what was the question here again ...if they should press charges against the involved officer? If anyone has seen the video I dont even think this is a viable question ...fkn of course they should.

Wow ..and I am generation a ton of hate for the guy in complete black ...what a FKN SAVAGE. You dont kick someone in the face who is already on the ground ...simple rules of HONOR imo...
edit on 24-8-2016 by Whatever08152 because: spelling

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
This isn't the worst thing a 'LEO' has done... this month... or week, or that day.

That uniform is meaningless to some. If i was the judge after hes found guilty, the punishment on top of jail time
would be to incinerate the hand he used to take the oath. A constant reminder that not all are worthy to serve and protect.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

SCOTUS ruled that police have no obligation to sit in your living room and prevent a break-in from occurring. Police have no duty to park outside your house 24/7 to deter a burglar. Police have no duty to follow you around every time you leave your house to ensure that you aren't the victim of a mugging.

I know, I know, the way you said it is way cooler and the easier way to stoke that fear. It's an utterly ignorant thing to say, but hey as long as you can say it's what SCOTUS says, it's cool right? Saw it on the Internet, so it must be true and one need not do anything to actually educate oneself as to what it actually means. Just copy and paste that fear monger headline one saw a while ago and poof, done.

I don't know how it is in NYC, but here law enforcement has a duty to act any time they witness a felony in progress. So eff this dude and eff fear stoking ignorant-assed click bait comments.

top topics

join