It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What FACEBOOK really knows about you....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I do not personally use Facebook but of course we know many do. Here is a list of DATA attributes they collect on everyone.

1. Location
2. Age
3. Generation
4. Gender
5. Language
6. Education level
7. Field of study
8. School
9. Ethnic affinity
10. Income and net worth
11. Home ownership and type
12. Home value
13. Property size
14. Square footage of home
15. Year home was built
16. Household composition
17. Users who have an anniversary within 30 days
18. Users who are away from family or hometown
19. Users who are friends with someone who has an anniversary, is newly married or engaged, recently moved, or has an upcoming birthday
20. Users in long-distance relationships
21. Users in new relationships
22. Users who have new jobs
23. Users who are newly engaged
24. Users who are newly married
25. Users who have recently moved
26. Users who have birthdays soon
27. Parents
28. Expectant parents
29. Mothers, divided by “type” (soccer, trendy, etc.)
30. Users who are likely to engage in politics
31. Conservatives and liberals
32. Relationship status
33. Employer
34. Industry
35. Job title
36. Office type
37. Interests
38. Users who own motorcycles
39. Users who plan to buy a car (and what kind/brand of car, and how soon)
40. Users who bought auto parts or accessories recently
41. Users who are likely to need auto parts or services
42. Style and brand of car you drive
43. Year car was bought
44. Age of car
45. How much money user is likely to spend on next car
46. Where user is likely to buy next car
47. How many employees your company has
48. Users who own small businesses
49. Users who work in management or are executives
50. Users who have donated to charity (divided by type)
51. Operating system
52. Users who play canvas games
53. Users who own a gaming console
54. Users who have created a Facebook event
55. Users who have used Facebook Payments
56. Users who have spent more than average on Facebook Payments
57. Users who administer a Facebook page
58. Users who have recently uploaded photos to Facebook
59. Internet browser
60. Email service
61. Early/late adopters of technology
62. Expats (divided by what country they are from originally)
63. Users who belong to a credit union, national bank or regional bank
64. Users who investor (divided by investment type)
65. Number of credit lines
66. Users who are active credit card users
67. Credit card type
68. Users who have a debit card
69. Users who carry a balance on their credit card
70. Users who listen to the radio
71. Preference in TV shows
72. Users who use a mobile device (divided by what brand they use)
73. Internet connection type
74. Users who recently acquired a smartphone or tablet
75. Users who access the Internet through a smartphone or tablet
76. Users who use coupons
77. Types of clothing user’s household buys
78. Time of year user’s household shops most
79. Users who are “heavy” buyers of beer, wine or spirits
80. Users who buy groceries (and what kinds)
81. Users who buy beauty products
82. Users who buy allergy medications, cough/cold medications, pain relief products, and over-the-counter meds
83. Users who spend money on household products
84. Users who spend money on products for kids or pets, and what kinds of pets
85. Users whose household makes more purchases than is average
86. Users who tend to shop online (or off)
87. Types of restaurants user eats at
88. Kinds of stores user shops at
89. Users who are “receptive” to offers from companies offering online auto insurance, higher education or mortgages, and prepaid debit cards/satellite TV
90. Length of time user has lived in house
91. Users who are likely to move soon
92. Users who are interested in the Olympics, fall football, cricket or Ramadan
93. Users who travel frequently, for work or pleasure
94. Users who commute to work
95. Types of vacations user tends to go on
96. Users who recently returned from a trip
97. Users who recently used a travel app
98. Users who participate in a timeshare

Interesting to say the least. With the added note of

Can 'see' virtually every website you visit if you are logged into Facebook

Source

Let's be honest it probably does not stop here. Most websites track us and use our data in very dark ways. Using a program like Ghostery, you can use it as a plug in google chrome or firefox. It will show you who is tracking you and what data you do not want tracked. Just a suggestion.

MOD NOTES:

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

Posting work written by others
edit on 8.31.2016 by Zarniwoop because: added source and Mod notes

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Yeah it's a very long list..Seen that on gizmodo.co.uk.

Thinks it's under, (creepy things Facebook knows about you)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Not exactly a shock and awe list to me. I still have a Facebook. I use it daily. Most of the things on that list I WILLINGLY shared with family and friends knowing full well it was all data being gathered. Why? Because it's pretty damn unrealistic to think that no matter what I do data is not being collected in some way. My existence is a number, a commodity, and those who seek to have ownership or sell services to said commodities...use data to do so. It's not a new thing. I can cringe in horror every time an add shows up on Facebook for something I googled last week, or a suggested page comes up akin to three others I follow...Or I can just shrug and realize that I alone choose what to share when using the internet knowing full well it is just another tool to keep tabs on me. People that might be shocked about this, still likely use store reward cards (for the bonus points!).

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Thats only if you provide all that information.. And the people that do are idiots.
Im sure Facebook even know when some people take a s##t..

The other day my friend was tagged in a picture which had a tent in it.. Now they are getting bombarded with ads for camping equipment.. Wtf is that all about..

Just want to add, I do have a Facebook account which I rarely use.. Purely for messaging people about events and keeping I touch with friends and family abroad.. I do not post or put any personal info on there, even my date of birth is incorrect.. But some of the stuff I have seen people post is astounding.
The problem is nowadays people have been de sensitised to providing the most personal and private information for the world to see..

All part of the masterplan...
edit on 23/8/16 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

Agreed!
FB is just another tool, how you use it is up to you. Post all manner of personal nonsense and you have no standing to whine "they" collected all your data.

BTW camping gear ads aren't obnoxious!
( love camping)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
BlackProject

I do not have facebook either. I never really enjoyed it when I did have it..

One of the reasons was because at work, I had just gotten a new assistant and not more than one hour after he was within my building did he come up on my "you might know" page. He had never worked for my company and he had never been in that building before.

I went home that night and cancelled my account..which would take I believe it was 3-6 months for them to permanently delete? Just..I dunno..just didn't like it..

Added that program, so ty for the information..

Thanks,
blend57

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

wrong, they don't know any thing about me. hell the 4 or 5 accounts that i've used to see things that wouldn't show up unless you logged in, all were fake names. even the current one i have is a fake name.

and as fa as my ip, everyone that logs it shows a hub 30 miles away. i do realize that if law enforcement or some government entity could more than likely get the info from my service provider if they wanted but as far as fb nah, my service provider does not give that info to them.

one member said it already, they only know the info you provide, and it's up to you to stay on top of your online security. don't give personal info out and it won't be there.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Yup, same deal here. Also you need to make sure to go in and shut off a lot of it's auto items and change who can see what. Honestly it's a bit of pain to do this but it's nice after a lot less I see a lot less junk.

Why anyone would provide that much info on themselves is beyond me. ((yes I know some people have just lost their mind to social media))

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ObjectZero

Why anyone would provide that much info on themselves is beyond me.

i call it, the look at me syndrome. got to have attention.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: ObjectZero

Why anyone would provide that much info on themselves is beyond me.

i call it, the look at me syndrome. got to have attention.

The "look at me syndrome".

That was term i was looking for!!! That describes the majority of the users of such "social" media, at least here in germany. Here it´s mostly the keyboard rambos, loudmouths, rightwingers, hatespreaders that use facebook. There was a study of who uses facebook in germany, and the better educated people don´t use facebook very often. In addition to that, it´s almost the younger people, kids, teens, some kids or teens in their twenties or even thirties(those nazis for example) that never will grow, because their brains stopped to grow, as it seems.

For me, i use things if they are useful, but not because everbody else does. But i know musicians that use facebook for their own promotion, to get jobs. For them it is useful, but they all use their artists names and give not more information about themselves than maybe a phone number of a pre paid handy. Ah, and photos for sure, from their events.

But for me, Facebook doesn´t make any sense. Our family members call or visit each other, i am not somebody who has to promote himself, and there is nothing interesting on Facebook for me. I don´t care about people that post photos of every meal they eat. Or share cat videos. Or tell each other what they are doing right now, every 2 minutes, like:I am tying my left shoe.
2 min later: Now i am tying my right shoe...

Facebook, for me, is a platform for self-exposers that didn´t make it to the TV, to their stars and idols, to become one of them. Nevertheless they think the whole world is interested in them. They think they are kind of famous, that´s why they pose for selfies every 30 seconds and post that stuff. Because others, like them, might give them a like or thumbs up or whatever for that photo. Then they feel good. When they get positive reactions from others. That´s what those people care for, how others like them, see them. They live an artificial life, but not their own anymore. They all just want to be so that others think good about them, how "cool" they are and stuff.
I feel sad about such people, people without an own life.

It can be good, for families members that live maybe in foreign countries, or for artists to promote themselves, but that´s it. You are only a cow that gives data instead of milk, if you use such "social" media stuff.

And now i go to meet some friends, real friends, not facebook "friends". LIVE! And we will have a good time with each other, because nobody of us feels like it is necessary to have a spyPhone in it´s hand the whole time, to post useless stuff on Facebook or to "hunt Pokemons", while we chill in the sun and talk to each other, with looking each other into the eyes while doing so.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

My existence is a number, a commodity, and those who seek to have ownership or sell services to said commodities...use data to do so. It's not a new thing.

Anonymous number? Except those entries that ask for your name and email address. Did you upload a photo of yourself in "Mug Shot" I mean Facebook, too?

How about all those daily updates everyone volunteers, a few selfies of you and friends at the mall, family and pets at home, etc?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
If something view worthy happens there I know someone will bring it here. Otherwise what droll, looking at peoples selfies...

Member has updated their Facebook page:

"Here we are!

Eww, here we are here.

Now we're over here, shoutout!"

Boring...

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
My profile says I went to school in Hong kong, I live in Moscow, Im a disc jockey who works at Mc Donalds and I graduated from Harvard...I think Im also something like 90 years old.

Sure..they maybe have the real scoop on me...but I gotta at least throw em for a loop..

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Thats awesome, unreal.................

Question is, how long before its mandaatory to have an account? Do the schools requre an account?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
When I think of Facebook, it reminds me of the old 7UP slogan:

"Never had it...never will.."

Lol.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

I know at least ten different people on facebook who take photos of everything they eat...they even post pictures of their morning coffee...I have never understood that. Some of them post a new status literally every few minutes throughout the day. I just don't get it.

At first I thought, well they must have no life to speak of, if they've got the time to do all that. But what it really is, is that social media IS their life. Or at least an integral part of it. It's kind of creepy...and also sad.

People don't talk to each other directly anymore. They use their phones for everything. I even know people who text each other while they're in the same house together, sometimes even in the same room. Wtf is up with that??

The last thing they care about is how much personal info they're making available to strangers. I don't think it's attention seeking for most of them. It's just the popular method of staying "connected"...without actually connecting with anyone at all. It just boggles the mind.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Facebook makes people feel relevant....I already do....therefore I am not on Facebook. to me, it's all about how you feel in your own skin. I have few friends, but they are all REAL friendships.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I just have to post this because: 29. Mothers, divided by “type” (soccer, trendy, etc.)

Everclear: Volvo Drivin' Soccer Mom

edit on 8/23/2016 by InFriNiTee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
They don't call it 'farcebook™' for nothing... It also looks like they're catching up w/that other info grabbing seine, Google™ Both will do a colonoscopic rootering whether You like it or not, its named "Security" Let Me add the sheeple catch-phrase "If You've got nothing to hide...duh..."

Now I ask which profile?? I've got one that I log into only when I'm at the public library. Another that I use on My Wife's phone. None are connected.

If I had some incurable disease I'd see if I could register to vote all 4 profiles and they do an expos'e on the fraud, but I don't have an incurable and it seems that the lamestream media beat Me to it...

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: AccessDenied

My existence is a number, a commodity, and those who seek to have ownership or sell services to said commodities...use data to do so. It's not a new thing.

Anonymous number? Except those entries that ask for your name and email address. Did you upload a photo of yourself in "Mug Shot" I mean Facebook, too?

How about all those daily updates everyone volunteers, a few selfies of you and friends at the mall, family and pets at home, etc?

I use Facebook instead of a phone. I see no reason to have a phone, and I don't particularly like paying for/ or talking on one. My children live 2000 miles away from me and Facebook is the way I can see or talk to any of them. I actually find it funny that people will text all kinds of personal info over their phones and not think twice about it. If I upload a photo, it's so my grand kids will know what I look like if I ever get to visit and not scream in horror at the crazy lady running towards them with tears in her eyes. I don't post pics of my dinner, my cat, my house, my daily whereabouts, my religious or political stance. Thanks for grouping me together with everyone who does though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join