It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian mufti calls for universal female genital mutilation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
a reply to: yuppa
Christianity Islam Judaism, are all the same in that they have books written by men thousands of years ago who treated women like #. So they all have adherants today who think it gives them an excuse to be misogynistic assholes.

You got examples of women being treated like #? Specifically the New testament. And also alot of stuff is"written by men" so by your logic its all false right?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I believe there may be some spiritual truth in them but they are obviously written by men with their archaic viewpoint on women. And why dies the old testament get a pass its part of the bible isn't it?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
But women shouldn't be in authority over men, women should submit to their husbands, women should be silent in church etc etc etc

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I believe there may be some spiritual truth in them but they are obviously written by men with their archaic viewpoint on women. And why dies the old testament get a pass its part of the bible isn't it?

BEcause Modern christians follow the NT thats why. Well at least any who know who the bible is speaking to.(catholics might need a refresher course)

And yeah you have to remember when these were written. Back then Men were the defacto rulers,but now a days that has changed to fit closer to Woman being a mans equal as it was when Adam and eve were in the garden.
CIvilizations getting there but it just takes time.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

Thats one of the verse you dont take literally.
edit on 16000000ppam by yuppa because: oops. lol

Here read this page on that.

should women remain silent in church?
edit on 16000000ppam by yuppa because: added explanation

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
No they are all in the new testament.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Hey I'm all for the bible if we can chop out all the slavery, homophobia and mysogyny.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

No they are all in the new testament.

Yes and I edited it. See above.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I agree that the morals of today are better than 2000 years ago, so obviously the bible isn't the Word of God, its a book with spiritual lessons but written with the outdated morals of men 2000 years ago.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
And why should women cover their heads when they pray? Because men are of god and women aren't.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I agree that the morals of today are better than 2000 years ago, so obviously the bible isn't the Word of God, its a book with spiritual lessons but written with the outdated morals of men 2000 years ago.

Look whats more moral than Loving your neighbor as yourself and respecting everyone? THATS the final message of the New testament from Jesus. how is that Out dated?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

It has, so I read, to do with increasing a "man's" pleasure (oh sure, but HOW?), ensuring virginity (uh, HOW), ensuring fidelity (HOW, again?), and that particular part of a woman's body sometimes CAUSES "insatiable" sexual desire...they STILL haven't heard of "hormones" ? Isn't it amazing how ignorance is so rampant in some totally backward parts of the world ?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

And why should women cover their heads when they pray? Because men are of god and women aren't.

You sur elike quoting Paul huh? FYI. almost all of pauls words were not LITERAL.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
As I said there is some good stuff but unfortunately there's a lot of bad stuff. I mean look at God killing all those babies in Egypt. Yes its the old testament but its still the same God.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
That was on the link you provided!

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Pauls policy on women

It was TEMPORARY apparently.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

Youre not serious and are just trolling me it seems. Study the site there and it will answer all your contradictions. most likely. I dont have the patience to refute each ans every mis understanding you have.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
What about women being submissive to men and not being in authority over them, was that temporary as well?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
What the hell! I'm not trolling, I'm pointing out things the bible says and you're talking you way around them. I think its good some section of Christianity don t heed those teachings, hopefully as time moves on they'll be dropped completely.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Random Guy in America Calls for Russian Mufti Genital Mutilation

<< 1  2    4 >>

join