It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian mufti calls for universal female genital mutilation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
A sick practice condoned by what some would call a spiritual leader.... that should be stamped out and the perpetrators imprisoned or hanged on the spot, IMO.
www.ibtimes.co.uk...

Senior Muslim cleric and Islamic spiritual leader of the North Caucuses Ismail Berdiyev has declared in an interview that if female genital mutilation (FGM) could be forced upon all women that would be "very good".

Berdiyev made the controversial comments to Russia's official Interfax news agency as he responded to a human right's report which urged for an end to the practice in the North Caucuses. If FGM "could be applied to all women, that would be very good", he was quoted as saying.

+18 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Someone should cut the head off his *probably tiny* penis and see how he likes it.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

What a complete, total and PERFECT ass this idiot is. There are no more words available in my, or any other language, left to describe him. I'm sure his mother, wife and children would be proud of him and his pretense to leadership. Just sickening....

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
What a heinous prick he is.

I feel for the women in his family.

And any Muslims under his disgusting guidance.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Dare him to try to start with Rhonda Rousey, I'd pay quite a bit to see that one play out.

Got to love the cognitive dissonance though... god made everything and god is perfect, but let me fix this one little defect real quick cause my god is kind of an idiot.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Ismail..Ismael, just shows how crazy this stuff is. Sometimes I think the Mandela effect and the Elvis effect has more er, sanity.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

More barbaric savagery...just what we needed...

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

See, even community leaders can catch the full-retard. This bloke has caught the full-retard. He needs to be committed and given electro-shock therapy until he no longer has the ability to speak, which will prove beneficial to everyone who does not want to catch the full-retard.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I bet some will come on here and make some excuses about how this isn't a condoned Islamic practice. This is just some off-the-wall practice by certain Islamic sects and in no way reflects true Islam. I get tired of such excuses. Given that, I doubt that most Muslims really care and wouldn't speak out about it any way.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Men are the privileged and woman have no right to feel or respond in any way.

I would like to know who's original idea was this barbaric practice?
I know 'god' that belongs to both muslims, jews and christians advocated circumcision for men, apparently has no adverse effect but who adovacted this practice for women?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn

I know 'god' that belongs to both muslims, jews and christians advocated circumcision for men, apparently has no adverse effect but who adovacted this practice for women?

I know, right?!

I mean, what kind of mind thinks this # up?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: liveandlearn

I know, right?!

I mean, what kind of mind thinks this # up?

A SELFISH MIND who is only concerned with his own Pleasure.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I expect the feminists to respond any minute now.

Tick, tock.

Tick, tock.

Hmmm, I hear nothing.
edit on 22-8-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

I don't think avowed "feminists" are needed to respond to this. Nobody in their right mind condones this - not even run of the mill misogynists.

Can you explain your post a bit? What you wrote sounds kind of like you either agree with the clit-snippers, or at the very least, are rolling your eyes at those who are against this. Maybe I'm just interpreting your post wrong (Lord, I hope so!)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Tjoran

Probably too small already and some disappointed women made him lose confidence so he's angry at women now or that would be my guess anyway..

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

I despise genital mutilation of women and find it abhorrent feminists at large are silent on the issue and they're afraid to attack the religion largely responsible for it or really, even question the practices.

I've yet to see a single feminist take issue with a number of anti-women issues pertaining to Islam yet they love telling Western men how poorly we treat women.
edit on 23-8-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Tjoran
I'm a bit sadistic I suppose. I'd rather see him staked out near an anthill and let them do the job over a few days or weeks, giving him time to consider his sins. Sometimes the reptilian side of the brain just takes over!

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   

There was a BBC report about fgm recently in Africa. Apparently, the justification was so that women didn't crave sex all the time...

What man doesn't crave sex all the time? Disgusting practice.

Many girls die from this and it sickens me. Unfortunately there are a lot of women on board with it.

It baffles me :-(

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   
before someone associate this to Islam, opps someone already did

this is pre-islamic so why not blame Africa

Fuambai Ahmadu, an anthropologist and member of the Kono people of Sierra Leone, who in 1992 underwent clitoridectomy as an adult during a Sande society initiation, argued in 2000 that it is a male-centred assumption that the clitoris is important to female sexuality. African female symbolism revolves instead around the concept of the womb.[87] Infibulation draws on that idea of enclosure and fertility. "[G]enital cutting completes the social definition of a child's sex by eliminating external traces of androgyny," Janice Boddy wrote in 2007. "The female body is then covered, closed, and its productive blood bound within; the male body is unveiled, opened and exposed."[88][10]:429 In communities where infibulation is common, there is a preference for women's genitals to be smooth, dry and without odour, and both women and men may find the natural vulva repulsive.[89]:435–436 Men seem to enjoy the effort of penetrating an infibulation.[90] The local preference for dry sex causes women to introduce substances into the vagina to reduce lubrication, including leaves, tree bark, toothpaste and Vicks menthol rub.[91] The WHO includes this practice within Type IV FGM, because the added friction during intercourse can cause lacerations and increase the risk of infection.[13]:27–28 Because of the smooth appearance of an infibulated vulva, there is also a belief that infibulation increases hygiene.[89]:437 Common reasons for FGM cited by women in surveys are social acceptance, religion, hygiene, preservation of virginity, marriageability and enhancement of male sexual pleasure.[2]:67 In a study in northern Sudan, published in 1983, only 17.4 percent of women opposed FGM (558 out of 3,210), and most preferred excision and infibulation over clitoridectomy.[92] Attitudes are slowly changing. In Sudan in 2010, 42 percent of women who had heard of FGM said the practice should continue.[2]:178 In several surveys since 2006, over 50 percent of women in Mali, Guinea, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Gambia and Egypt supported FGM's continuance, while elsewhere in Africa, Iraq and Yemen most said it should end, although in several countries only by a narrow margin.[93]

Wiki

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

Those statistics are terrifying...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join