It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo evidence for an altered Bible verse - Mandela Effect ramifications...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
My evidence for distortions of the historical record are a simple game we played in elementary school called telephone.

Dis and Misinformation are born of manipulation by the current sect, record keepers, Victors, whatever, all the time.

Who needs proof the record is distorted?

Telephone

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
The intuition of many Christians is that the enemy of Christ which is causing the Mandela Effect

Well, then you should have a good chat with Pearj who believes 300,000 Palestinians have been affected by the Mandela Effect, as they are almost 100% Sunni Muslims. Doesn't this contradict your belief that the 'enemy of the Christians' is trying to change the laws of time?

EDIT: this is Pearj's thread. LINK

edit on 22-8-2016 by Agartha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I don't think this has anything to do with this so called "Mandela Effect".

The KJV has pretty much stayed the same throughout the ages and I believe the purpose was to keep it original.

The other bible you mentioned supposedly goes back to the original writings and re-interprets them.

What you are seeing is just that. The KJV took the originals and translated so they could be understood by the common man. The other is just going back to the original.

Note: Both texts mean exactly the same thing. One is just more of a metaphor than the other. The KJV seems to be the easier of the 2 to understand. I see them both meaning exactly the same.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Ok this Mandela effect is a fairly new concept to my mind but I can tell you that from MY perspective the BIBLE HAS CHANGED.

Now bear in mind I had a very bad time in my life when this became noticeable to me.

Back in the 1980's I read the old King James version of the bible many time's (well ok the New testament many time's and about half the old textament several time's) despite it's grammatical structure and language being completely archaic to a modern English speaker.

Now I read a passage in the book of Revelation several time's (each time I read the book) that talked about one like unto the son of man whom came down from heaven and overcame the beast and the kingdom of the beast, how like the beast he had a number but unlike the beast whose number was six threescore and six (described as the number of A man - A man being singular or his number alone - and that of his followers whom accept it and damn themselves) this being's number was Seven Threescore and Seven (which was described as THE number of man - not singular so you can infer that it therefore is the number of everyone that does not accept the beast).

Now being archaic the term Score has long gone out of common usage in the English language so unless it was specifically tought most people assumed it had to do with Scores when you are numbering in tallies, however as you know it really mean's twenty so the two opposing numbers are 666 and 767 not as was common and probably as a result of this now missing section of the revelation 666 vs 777.

Now I remember an interview on the BBC, Panorama if I remember correctly on BBC 2 back when we had all of four TV stations in the UK, this interview was in the 1980's with the controversial leader of the white separatism movement in South Africa whom were opposed to the abolishion of apartheid, his name at least in this reality was Eugene Terrablanche (his second name apparently translated as White Earth or soil so whether that was his real name or not is neither here nor there), now in that interview he was asked by the BBC interviewer why is movement used a NAZI swastika if like he was claiming they were Not nazi's and Eugene Terrablanche reply was based on a twisting of the now now missing section of the book of revelation in which he described the White man as 777 (note his error as well but it was useful as there flag was a three armed swastika but otherwise identical to a nazi flag from WW2) and he also claimed that the Black man was 666 which infuriated me to no end and to the point were I felt very angry and frustrated - being at the time far more religious than I am even now, I was to say the least outraged by his statement.

Here is a short page on there movement, if that is not NAZI then I do not know what is as it surely look's like it to me.
en.wikipedia.org...

So other changes, well I can go into the vision of God that Jacob had at Bethel, seeing the servant's of god (Angels) ascending and descending from heaven on the ladder to and from all part's of the world, God or the being he saw not in heaven but OVER it, his throne like a sapphire and an emerald, all in white with a golden belt around his chest, his eye's blazing white and his face like the sun, his hair and beard white and a crown like a rainbow over his head but with more colours, his hand's and feet like burnished brass reflecting the light of a furnace etc, etc.

SO given that the idea of Mandela's was not known to me I sought an answer I could rationalize (after going crazy for a bit) and the only thing I could think of was this, this is just a hairbrained idea bare in mind and not proven and also potentially not provable just like the effect you are trying to prove.

For me the only answer that fit was based on Quantum theory and the whole concept of branching reality's creating parallel world's/universe's.
I thought surely that can not be the case as it violated the concept of conservation of energy unless each reality then only has half the energy of the previous shared reality so therefore was only half as real but there must be something to counter it or the law's of reality would surely have failed long ago in such an infinite branching process making our reality more ghost like and only extant as a potential rather than a solid form.
That something could only be the formation of Black Hole's (not brown holes or Quasi Black holes only the real thing will do here) some where out there in the cosmos.
As each black hole form's it produces a narrow shell around itself a region of space called the event horizion and at the event horizon the universe more or less ceases to function as all matter and energy are drawn to oblivion or are they, for me this took the form of IF the same black hole exists in multiple reality's, which it obviously would then at the event horizon they are then drawn back together, a pulse of gravity roll's out across the universe like a ripple at the moment this black hole is born and the parallel reality's are then literally ZIPPED back together, a guy walking down the street in one reality has his newspaper in his right hand and in another he has it in his left hand but as this ZIPPING together of these two reality's takes place only one reality can survive the merging, he remembers strangely holding it in his right hand but for some reason he now has it in his left hand.

Of course for some of us the effect can be much more traumatic.
Take this example, I truly do believe this woman is telling the truth.
www.ghosttheory.com...
My idea would posit the potential that she did not jump from a parallel reality but rather she remembers a parallel reality that no longer exist's.

For most people these changes which may be happening all the time go un-noticed such as remember that they left there key's on the table and then finding them in there coat pocket (which may be simpy forgetfulness but also may be a result of a reality merging).

NOW I may be completely wrong in my theory but will swear to you that this was in the bible that I remember.

But think about it, every possible action really takes place and each different outcome is a different reality?, if this theory is parallel reality's is correct then there must be a counterbalance of some kind in nature, a mechanism to merge just as often as it diverges but maybe more powerful in it's effect like this mutiple reality merging caused by the quantum event of a black hole's formation may trigger?.

edit on 22-8-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

Kind of like how every Planck unit of time we are 'phasing' in and out of reality?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I would think you are onto something if pseudo skeptics bomb ya especially under the disguise of deny ignorance. Definitely something going on with this Mandela Effect Time warping stuff

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
A few minor factual corrections:

England in 1611 is not generally considered the "Middle Ages."

James I (James VI of Scotland) was consolidating political power in the kingdom. The Authorized Version is a result of 58 scholars (loyal to James) who were tasked with the translation. The MS they had access to were not as numerous as the ones used in the NIV translation.

The NIV translation is not directly related to the KJV (Authorized) but was supposedly a completely new translation with modern scholarship.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Voyaging
Kind of like how every Planck unit of time we are 'phasing' in and out of reality?

Not 1 reality, just a spirit swap between 2 realities.

If you are in a grumpy mood, your spirit swaps with another version of your spirit that is in a good mood. Then your current spirit enters a reality where the cliche 'bad events come in threes' and another 2 small bad incidents happen like rainy day or mode of transport is late or accident blocks your normal route to work.

The other reality, that you were originally in, that your good version shifted into has a good day where the weather forecast was wrong and the sun comes out. The road accident happens but your boss phones saying 'orders are light, come in after lunch' thus avoiding the minor road accident.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Interesting points, thanks for pointing out the error respectfully & not getting all hysterical, as would be expected of pseudo-skeptics. (Not saying that's you, hope that comes over properly).

I still find it quite hard to fathom how a comment such as "The great God of all things rewardeth..." could have been altered so much in a 'new' translation such as the NIV to "Like an archer who wounds.."

What's even stranger is that this is not the only apparent incongruity of translation with reference to this verse, Proverbs 26:10. There are a handful more totally unique, non-related translations, all apparently coming from the same root material, but saying a host of different things.

For example, the Douay-Rheims translation is as follows:

Judgment determineth causes: and he that putteth a fool to silence, appeaseth anger.

The Jewish Bible says:

A master can make anything,
but hiring a fool is like hiring some passer-by.

The Living Bible says:

The master may get better work from an untrained apprentice than from a skilled rebel!

edit on AugustMonday1618CDT01America/Chicago-050004 by FlyInTheOintment because: clarification, phraseology

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

That's a great & thought-provoking response, thank you. I haven't the time to reply in full right now, but I will do soon.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
A footnote in the RSV gives the true reason;
"The Hebrew text of this verse is uncertain".
Nothing has changed, except that different scholars are looking at the MSS and trying to work out what they mean.

Think about it; any "Mandela effect" would be affecting ALL the translations, not just one.

edit on 22-8-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

The labeling of a geographic region on a map as a possible Mandela Effect (or social media hysteria) is not comparable to the possibility of a growing stable of Mandela Effects in which the theological doctrine of one of the world's foremost spiritual traditions being undermined, repeatedly, in a drip-feed manner..

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Perhaps, but bear in mind that this is not the only Biblical Mandela Effect which has been noted, causing great consternation amongst Christians who intuit their entire spiritual reference base as being undermined by apparently wild changes to the text & meaning of certain passages. Additionally, in my humble opinion, there is too much incongruity between the KJV & the NIV to claim that both meanings came from the same source material.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Incidentally, I liked my accidental use of the phrase 'a stable of Mandela Effects'.. It seems fitting - more so than 'a list of Mandela Effects'.

*self-laudatory pat on my own back*

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I was really trying to avoid commenting on your stilted OP in which you desperately try to categorize any disagreement with your pet explanations as "pseudo-skepticism" but since you bring it up in regard to my very straightforward post, I'll let you know that anything you stated afterwards is utterly invalid ... when you open your argument with a bluntly obvious straw man argument in an attempt to shut down reasonable dissent and discussion, you have zero credibility in my opinion.

That said ...

Douay-Rheims was a "translation" directly from the Vulgate into English on behalf of the Roman Catholic Church as an effort to offset accusations made in the Protestant Reformation. (I.e., like the Authorized Version, it's a political document

The Living Bible is a paraphrase ... it isn't intended in any way to be "accurate" to the original MS.

You're pointing out the issues in translation of religious documents as affected by politics.

There seems to be zero evidence here for any sort of anomaly aside from human error.
edit on 22-8-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
If you think this is Mandela Effect, you have no understanding of translations. Between two languages, there might no be a direct correlation for a word. English, the would love is used in many ways. In the Greek language, there are six different words for Love. One means sexual love. Another, Love of friends. So on...... The English language can be very limiting.

Translation is done by looking at context, then in the new language striving to achieve the same context. Two different scholars may not choose the same words for translation due to their different interpretations of context.

The Bible is a poor choice for showing ME. First, comparing different translation is comparing apples and oranges. What are the chances of persons from different times using different manuscripts developing the same translation word for word. Lastly, as we learn more about the Bible, why would translations be static and not improved over time.

edit on 22-8-2016 by neutronflux because: (no reason given)

Not political correct. Look at the word gay and how it's usage changed with time? Or computer. At one time a computer was a person who computes.
edit on 22-8-2016 by neutronflux because: Add word usage changes with time.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
This fails the logic test. Why retranslate the Bible if you keep getting the same word for word translation found in past translations? Think!

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Are we really at the point where every anomaly throughout history is a physics defying, space-time distortion?

I was hoping this thing had legs shorter than flat-earth but I see I was regrettably mistaken.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
This is a case where in the translations of the original texts authors came to different conclusions, meaning the KJV and the NIV didn't "change" from what you or others remember it.

A "Mandela effect" is anomaly in which something has changed and is not how you or others remember it.

Maybe the problems your facing with pseudo-skeptics is that your understanding of pseudo-scientific theories is a bit lacking.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
biblehub.com...

This page shows ALL of the Proverb 26:10 variations.

It's all in the translation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join